Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-13-2007, 05:12 AM   #1  
veronica65

Question New Scales- 7 lb difference ???

Hello Everyone, I have been serious abt finally losing weight & keeping it off for good, since 06-06-07. I had bought a regular analog scale at that time 7 recorded everything, starting weight 217 lbs, as well as all of my measurements, chest 45, waist 45, hips 49 1/2, thighs 26, etc..
well, needless to say that now, as I am on my 14th wk, I wanted a NEW digital scales "health o meter" , that would give me a more accurate reading, because I wanted to get every ounce lost recorded. lol
Monday is my weigh in day, so I got on my regular analog scales & I weighed 194 lbs, then I get on my NEW SCALES, and it read 201.2 lbs thats a 7 lb difference.
chest 38 1/2, waist 39, hips 42, thighs 25, etc...
so now I'm not back to square 1, but feel I went backwards, a few spaces.
I will just start with this new scales & work again to get under the 200's.
I have tryed to kick up my excercise minutes until I get back to the 195 lbs that I stopped at on the other scales.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:32 AM   #2  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

This happens a lot! In fact it's a common abnormality.

But let's look at on the bright side.... Your starting weight was 7 pounds heavier! You still lost what you lost what you lost!!

No number in the world will take that accomplishment away from you. Only you can do that.

Congratulations you!!!

Last edited by sweetnsassyfied; 11-13-2007 at 05:32 AM.
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:40 AM   #3  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

I just had this happen the other day. My scale at home told me I was 160... but then I weighed myself at the gym and that scale said 165. I think it's common, unfortunately. I also get different readings depending on where in the apartment I weigh myself... so I just keep the same scale in the same spot on the floor, because like sweetnsassy said- you still lost that weight.

Last edited by LittleMoonRabbit; 11-13-2007 at 06:40 AM.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I had the same issue, and had to lose the same pounds a second time!!
But on the bright side, your new digital scale probably measures smaller increments, so if you are down even a 1/2, you'll know!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:21 AM   #5  

It is SO SAD that we are so drawn to that scale. It can be a devil at times. I keep thinking I should hide mine and weigh in once a month so I would not let all these fluctuations drive me crazy. If I have had an unbelievably good day with food, water, and excersise and I go up a little on the scale, it flips me out. I am going to try and get away from weighing and just remember that I am feeling better and it is going to take time. Keep up your great work you are doing and try not to get discouraged. Do as I say, not as I do !!!! Happy Tuesday.
batina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:24 AM   #6  

ps. nice ticker, Mothermavis - you have great taste.
batina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:18 AM   #7  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Veronica-
I had the EXACT same issue. Bought a new Health-O-Meter and when I got on it it was 20lbs different!!! Talk about shock!!! I was soooooooo mad that I just about quit! But, I wasn't gonna let that old hunk o junk scale I had beat me. Still won't..... I'll tell you-that sucker is accurate as the day is long. Don't let it get you down....
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

The same thing happened to me too. It was really discouraging to get on my new scale and see I was about 7 pounds heavier than I thought. But that meant my high weight was also heavier so I still had lost the same amount of weight. It's just a number. Keep on keeping on. If you stop, the scale will no doubt go even higher! You are doing so great. Just keep focusing on your measurements, which tell the real story about how much slimmer and trimmer you must be looking. Six inches in your waist? That's incredible.
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I remember in college a professor asked us to write our gender on a index card along with the answer to a question along the lines of, would you be happy with your current weight, if you were healthy and appeared to be at your ideal weight (in other words, I at the time would weight 308 lbs, but look 130).

Of course, there were some people in the class who were already at their ideal weight (whether they thought so or not), but there were plenty of overweight men and women there as well. Surprisingly, very few women said yes, and virtually all of the men said yes. I said yes too, though I couldn't help but wonder how I would stand, let alone walk if I weighed twice what I appeared to.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #10  
veronica65

Thanks Everyone !!!
I am more determined to press onward towards my goal !!!