Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #1  
Renee

S/C/G: 197/Ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm just curious

I weighed myself first thing this morning before I got in the shower and it was 206.5. I thought that didn't seem right, so I weighed myself after my shower and it was 212..... Which one am I supposed to believe. 1st one would give me a 7.5lb loss and the second only a 2lb. Do our bodies hold on to water or something when we take a shower?

Edit: Not sure if this was an ok place to post?

Last edited by Sexyshado; 11-12-2007 at 09:40 AM.
Sexyshado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

That's a bit of a mystery! I always weigh the same after a shower as before--maybe an extra ounce or something from wet hair.

My suspicion is that you have a dodgy scale. If you step on it 3 times in a row, do you get the same reading each time?

If it turns out that your scale is fine and that you always somehow weigh heavier after your shower than before, you just have to decide which weight will be official for you. Weight fluctuates alot throughout the course of the day, so the important thing is to weigh yourself under the same conditions (after the loo, before the shower, before breakfast, for example) each day/week.

You might need to do your 'official' weigh in tomorrow.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #3  
Renee

Crap, it is my scale.. I just went up and tried again and got 3 different readings. It's seemed to change based on where I stepped. Any good scale recommendations?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:10 AM   #4  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

No scale recommendations, but I want to pipe in that when I take a bath, I do weigh a pound or two more afterwards. I usually bath, not shower. I have decided that our skin does absorb some water - that may not be true - but something happens to cause it. BTW, this is not a one time thing - it has been this way for over a year and a half.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #5  
Renee

Ok so just for the **** of it, I went and weighed myself again almost 2 hours after the initial one, and I got 209.5 all 3 times lol. Maybe I stepped in the same spot each time ( I don't know how) but I guess that is what I will record, it's between both of my previous recordings and 4.5 isn't too shabby.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:14 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Is your scale the kind that uses impedance to measure body fat %, etc.? Just wondered, because with those your feet are supposed to be dry, not damp, when you use it. Not sure whether that affects the weight reading, though.

Choose a time and stick with it. First thing in the morning after you pee and before you shower sounds like a good time. Get on the scale ONCE at that time and record what it says.

Otherwise you'll be hopping on and off the scale all the time trying to make it "work"--and that's silly.

If you think it's really off, get a new scale.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I always weigh a few ounces more after a shower too. Our skin does absorb some moisture from the shower/bath. Not to mention your hair if you wash it.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote