3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Oops (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/126821-oops.html)

willba3 11-09-2007 05:54 PM

Oops

I Messed up and ate cookies.....and quite a bit of cookies......Oh well, I did it now it is time to move on....I had to post it though, mainly so I don't beat myself up about it:o

bargoo 11-09-2007 06:57 PM

There is no such thing as eating one cookie.......oh well too late now. tomorrow is another day.

JayEll 11-09-2007 08:00 PM

Hey willba3,

Doggone those cookies!

There's no point in beating yourself up about it--but, what did you learn from the experience? What could you have done differently?

Jay

willba3 11-09-2007 08:09 PM

Well I learned that I need to learn how to make bad tasting cookies!!!!

seriously, thou, I know that I should not keep the stuff to make it in the house, but my husband is like why should we all suffer so you dont eat it? I understand I really need to control myself...... I think I should allow myself to indulge a bit to keep me going on track but not overindulge.......Ying and the Yang need to be balanced in my stomach and taste buds!!!!!

shelby897 11-09-2007 09:11 PM

The first cookie tastes great, the second cookie the same, the next cookie, and on and on -- we know that nothing tastes better than the first and the 10th makes us sick :D Now you have the craving out of you -- have some broccoli!!!

JayEll 11-09-2007 09:28 PM

Hey again, :wave:

No one died because they didn't get to eat a cookie, first of all. ;) So the idea that others are "suffering" is kinda silly...

Second of all, you may have to provide store-bought cookies for awhile. That way you don't have to go through the terrible temptation of baking them! And, you can buy small packs.

It's true that you can't expect others in your household to go on a diet with you--but at the same time, if they would like to support you in your weight loss, they may be able to agree to some modifications, like store-bought cookies, or less at dessert time, and so on. Yes, you need to control what you eat, but there's no need to make life torture.

Jay

shelby897 11-09-2007 09:51 PM

Can you make the dough, bake like 5 cookies for the dear man and freeze the rest??

willba3 11-10-2007 12:40 PM

Yea! I could do that......It seems like after my 3rd, I have an ongoing desire for the sweets, and I used to pass them up before......

I am not going to torture myself b/c then it will just make me WANT more and I can want but I know that I do not need.......

I bought Crest pro-health mouth wash, and it leaves a taste in your mouth that makes you not want to eat the stuff, it makes things you eat taste bad...the only thing that goes with it is water.........

If mouth wash is the key I am going to stock up!!!!!