Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 08:08 AM   #16  

Since my motivation for Monday was lost I want to repost it because I feel like I need a boost.

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." – Jeremy Kitson

It's only the 15th of January and I already need to regroup at this weight loss issue!!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 10:30 AM   #17  
I'm on my way!

Default Come out come out wherever you are!

Its such a wonderful day and I am full of motivation! I hope it lasts a full week till my next weigh in...

Malia good job on the exercise...thats a step in the right direction. I have the water thing under control and the food thing seems to be doing good for now...I just need to get my step in gear and find the time to get my rear in motion! Its so hard with a little one!

Grannie when I lost the weight the first time I joined an all womens gym but you know what...after the first 6 weeks I was paying for it and not using it. You really have to be motivated and totally into committing yourself. I found that when I walked 2-3 miles 5 or 6 days a week the weight was coming off just as fast as when I used the gym. Its cheaper..only the cost of a pair of good walking shoes and maybe a tape player and a set of hand weights all of which I already had! I also love the Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies tapes. THey were fun and it wasn't like you were working out!

Ladybug...you can do this with us! Just jump on the band wagon and set your mind to it. Positive thinking...I will do this I will do this...

2Cute where the heck are ya! We miss you! And Thin and Jen and Susie and everyone else! Come out and post! I want to dust you all with my high motivation right now! I want you all to join me on this journey! Or should I say...keep me on the right track!!

Have a great day!
Michelle
Old 01-15-2002, 12:02 PM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Wink Here I am... LOL

It has been awhile since I have been here. Glad to see everything is going fine.
I am not here for long. I am leaving today for Missouri. My mom is having a minor surgery as an outpatient so I will be gone for the week again.

My life is like living in quicksand right now. Lots of bad stuff that is trying to pull me under. I am just hanging on. I am trying to not struggle and trust I will float eventually. LOL
"This too shall pass"

I have not read all the old posts yet so I am not responding to everyone.
Welcome to any newcomers.
Congratulations to all the losers.
Hang in there to anyone struggling.

Tuesday Tip.... when life knocks you down.... stand up and dust yourself off and get going again. YOU CAN OVERCOME !!!! I WILL OVERCOME !!!!!

I am looking forward to being back with all of you soon and my having my old life again.
Old 01-15-2002, 12:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Angry Success

Hi friends
Here is my favorite quote:

"The secret of success is to be like a duck, smooth and unruffled on top, but paddling furiously underneath." ~ Bill Cosby "

And here are my new numbers:

***257 ***

Have a GGGRRREEEAAAAT Day and I'll see you all lighter.
Joannne
Old 01-15-2002, 03:18 PM   #20  
a work in progress...

Hey...what's going on??

I had a beaut of a post yesterday, notes to everyone, and a lovely piece for Motivational Monday, it was a LONG post...I even had the foresight to "copy" so that I could paste it in case I lost it like I usually do...and then...I lost it at posting time, "A HA!" I thought, "I'll just paste this masterpiece in, I'm saved!" and that must have been the exact time the server went down. Figures...

Here's my Motivation for Monday...it was in the "Dear Abby" column of Sunday's paper...

Ten Commandments for a Long and Peaceful Life
1. Thou shalt not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.
2. Thou shalt not be fearful, for most of the things we fear nevr come to pass.
3. Thou shalt face each problem as it comes. You can handle only one at a time.
4. Thou shalt not cross bridges before you get to them, for no one has yet succeeded in accomplishing this.
5. Thou shalt not take problems to bed with you, for they make very poor bedfellows.
6. Thou shalt not borrow other people's problems. They can take better care of them than you can.
7. Thou shalt be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own.
8. Thou shalt not try to relive yesterday for good or ill--it is gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life today.
9. Thou shalt not become bogged down by frustration, for 50 percent of it is rooted in self-pity and will only interfere with positive actions.
10,Thou shalt count thy blessings, never overlooking the small ones.

Not directly linked to weight loss, but a happy, contented soul is much more open to change for the better than the bitter, self pitying grinch...

Gotta go, need some sleep...I hope to check in again later...

Congrats to you "losers!"

Old 01-15-2002, 04:45 PM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! I don't have time to stay today and am really bummed that the message I left you all yesterday is Gone, gone, gone! Sorry, but I didn't save it. Guess we'll have to do without it.

Hope all of you are well. Syn lost her dad last night, so keep her in your prayers. Talk to you all soon.

"Women are not inherently passive or peaceful. We're not inherently anything but human." - Robin Morgan
Old 01-15-2002, 07:10 PM   #22  

Michelle I am with you...the last button on my blouse buttoned today - it didn't last week. The scale isn't going down - partly because of the sodium in my soup, I think - so I needed the 'blouse' inspiration.

2Cute I don't know what is wrong but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Syn Nothing to say but I will hold you in my prayers.

Joe Anne Thanks for the great quote.

Kat Thanks for typing all of that. #1 is such a waste of time and is hard not to do.

I sure hope this server is fixed now. I feel I missed out not getting to read all those wonderful 'lost' posts.
Old 01-15-2002, 09:23 PM   #23  
You and Me in 2003

Evening al
Syn I'm so sorry about your dad. I know what your going through.

Michelle: I wore a blouse for the first time today that I had bought months ago. It feels good.
Kat: I like your post too.

Well I better go. talk to you tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:11 AM   #24  
a work in progress...

Night Owl Kat here...

I'm off tonight, you'd think I'd be sensible and reacquaint myself with my pillows and down comforter. (Not to mention my husband!) Ahh, he's snoring and I couldn't sleep yet, so here I am. Made myself a nice cup of chamomile tea and sat right down to catch up on the posts.

Thinthinker... I DID see your post yesterday about the sermon . I thought that you made a wonderful analogy of that and our efforts at weight loss...it really got me thinkin'! Thank you!

Syn, I'm so very sorry. You are in my prayers.

2cute, hope all turns out OK with Mom. Hang in there. We'll be here when you get back!

Michelle, your enthusiasm is inspiring! Keep it up!

Lucky, I saw your post on the "Perfect Weigh" thread...is that the name? Deepak, hot water etc...I love the hot water thing! I have gotten to the point where I do not drink coffee at all at work anymore...sometimes tea, sometimes hot water with lemon, but mostly plain ol' hot water...and, surprisingly, I like it! Not sure about the weight loss connection, (didn't weigh in yet this week, ) but I sure do feel better!

joe ann, I like the Bill Cosby quote, isn't he great?

Mary, I agree with Michelle...a good pair of walking shoes costs a lot less than a gym membership. I like to listen to audio books when I walk, makes you lose track of time and be entertained at the same time...BONUS: they're free if you check them out of the library!

I know I'm missing a few here, but when I go back to an earlier thread to catch all the names, I usually lose my post! And it's too late to type all this again! So to everyone else...Hi!

My Tuesday Tip is to try the hot water thing. If you have trouble getting all your water in, measure it out at the beginning of your day. (I measure out a gallon--don't always get it ALL in, but if I drink half or more I'm OK) Try drinking some of your water hot. (hot enough that you have to blow on it, not quite boiling) The thought is that it helps to keep things moving along...not to be gross, but think of running hot water through a clogged pipe...nuff said!

I'm weighing in tomorrow. fingers are crossed...

OOH, I almost forgot...I saw this and thought it was a good tip too...
"A man never discloses his own character so clearly as when he describes another's." -Jean Paul Richter

Nigh' night all...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 01-16-2002 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:57 AM   #25  

Hi everyone,

Bombed today. I woke up at 5am and decided to sleep in instead of march to fitness. Wrong move, eating went downhill all day. Well tomorrow is my regular aerobics with richard day. I'm learning sweat and shout. Gotta tell you this, my stomach was cramping last night. He really focused on keeping your stomach in. My poor flab was hurting. I have a nonexistant stomach muscle.

Tomorrow is another day. I've exhausted my supply of soda at home. It's water for me tomorrow. You're all doing well. I keep going after I read your posts. Take care through thick and thin.

Malia
Old 01-16-2002, 07:38 AM   #26  

Another week of maintaining I know, better than a gain but it does help the motivation if that scale goes down some.

Kat Loved your explanation of drinking hot water!!! And your quote. I might have to type that up and put it on my desk at work.

Malia I know what you mean about sore stomach muscles. And once sore it seems every move I make "reminds" me!!!

I have to get to work so will check in with you all tonight.

Have a happy Wednesday.....
Old 01-16-2002, 09:49 AM   #27  
You and Me in 2003

Morning all

Well Dh got up and went in early so he could take son to work and I went back to bed for a couple of hours. Yesterday I moved a lot used the treadmill and stepper for a few minutes each and just stepped and moved in place. It made my legs sore but no pain no gain.

I'll have to try the hot water thing.

I hate I don't have any tips or anything to offer. Has anyone tried Kashi Melady cereal? I got some Monday it is fairly good and filling.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:20 AM   #28  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone!

I just have to report that I had another successful day! I banked 9 points yesterday!! That makes 8 days OP! I can do this I can do this I can do this!! AND SO CAN YOU ALL!

I have lots of work to do today...just little clean up stuff and packing to do...we are moving part of us downstairs on Monday. Exercise!! Hey whatever works! LOL

I will try and catch up with you all a little later today!

Michelle
Old 01-16-2002, 01:18 PM   #29  
Falling, but fighting...

Hi all,

I have a really bad cold and don't feel like doing anything except sleeping and eating, but I am back to work today, so no sleeping and I am trying not to eat too much.

I didn't do so well since weigh in on Saturday, so I am drastically trying to cut my point intake for the rest of the week.

I am still exercising 2 times a day, but some days it is just soooo hard to get on that bike.

I am trying to stay focused and motivate myself by telling myself that I am just 2.25 pounds away from the 270's and just 4 pounds away from 50 pounds down.

I am so proud of myself today, as I mistakenly purchased a 2X (22-24) and I can fit it!!!!! Yea for me.

Well, sorry I didn't respond to others postings, but I just can't seem to concentrate today, so.....
Old 01-16-2002, 05:48 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

DO NOT POST HERE!!!

Go To: "300+...And Ready To Try Again #122"

See you there!
Closed Thread