Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 06:37 AM   #16  

Yes, the site was down again today, and it erased my last message (again).

Colene, welcome. Are you in NY City or State? I am in northern NJ, 12 miles outside of Manhattan.

DD's birthday went fine. She loves her new puter. Oh, BTW, she booked the hotel room for her party next weekend with a cash deposit, then heard from a friend of hers who had a hotel party last year how much damage the kids did, and NOW she's suddenly worried about it. They definitely listen to peers more than parents! So she's telling a lot of people it's canceled and intends to have a private party with only invited people welcome. I hope it works out for her! Otherwise it's going to be quite a learning experience, huh? (Sometimes a laissez faire attitude towards parenting is the best attitude, IMHO.)
Anyway, the family went out for brunch and it was fine; I definitely realize I need to keep my distance a little, and I'm looking forward to moving away, which is ironic b/c family is so important, but frankly they were more important when DD was younger and I needed an extended family to help raise her.

I'm still struggling daily with my program. I have group tonight, and I'm going armed with *my* agenda. I wanna talk about overweight and dieting, damn it! I think I'm already developing a different attitude b/c I realize that this is sort of my last ditch effort -- the overeating HAS to stop somewhere. Two years is long enough, I would think, for unsuccessful dieting. At some point I have to say enough is enough, now I'm serious. At some point failure is not an option, b/c I know with certainty I don't want to be overweight.

Wow, I just realize a whole lot of messages disappeared. Bummer.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:32 AM   #17  
Must Shrink.

Welcome (again) Hippicol... My last post was erased too and I have no idea what I wrote so I'm not even going to worry about it...

On program (just...) craved some chocolate yesterday, and had a bit. Was able to limit the amount.

I don't have much to imput this morning! I'm tired; had a night of restless sleep. I'm very much in the middle of a creative streak, I'm compelled to write and journal, paint and putter.

Have to cash in on this energy while it lasts...

Have a wonderful day!

L
Old 01-15-2002, 05:28 PM   #18  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello all...

Well, like Lamorgan, I've forgotten the wonderful tidbits of insite that I posted last time I'm almost afraid to post anything of substance right now for fear that it's going to disappear again!!!

Welcome Colene - I hope you enjoy the group here. I'm new also and they've been a great support (when the messages stay around long enough to read).

Until later,

Terri
Old 01-15-2002, 10:16 PM   #19  
Hot Stuff

Ruthie, glad the brunch turned out okay. I hope your DD can keep that party under control! How was your group meeting? Did you get your questions addressed?

Not a lot to say tonight...imagine that! Just wanted to check in and say hello. Had a brutal day at work...one of those "all stressed out and no one to choke" kind of days.

Tomorrow is hump day, and has to be better than today!
Old 01-16-2002, 05:43 AM   #20  

Angry

Hey everyone. I had a really good meeting last night! When I went to the clinic, I was pissed and I thought I was on the verge of quitting the program, b/c the director had said I could weigh every other week, but yesterday afternoon she said she was going to weigh me but I wouldn't look. I let them weigh me, but of course I looked, it seemed childish for me not to. (I was up 1.8 lbs., partly cheating, partly PMS water.) Then I told her that I was angry that she had told me in the past it was "my program" and said I could weigh biweekly and then went back on that. I told her if that was her protocol and she insisted on it, she should say so and not try to evade the issue by letting me weigh without looking -- and more importantly, by telling me one thing and then doing another. So she agreed to weigh me biweekly. I just can't stand weekly weigh-ins, they ruin my confidence and motivation. At any rate, the group was wonderful -- we talked about a lot of BS, but mostly we talked about eating and cheating and we made a whole bunch of jokes about cheese (since I brought up that that was one of my favorite "cheat" foods). It was really worthwhile and I felt the group was really helpful, unlike last week. I am amazed at how these really, really heavy people have been able to do the full fast without complaint. I feel renewed motivation to keep plugging away instead of giving up. I need to try to make every day an OP day.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:52 AM   #21  
Must Shrink.

Just dropping in quickly this morning, I'm motivated to wash my kitchen floor, needs it badly and then I have to work on my first assignment for this term. It's hard getting back into the swing of assignments.

So hello to all ~ and I'll pop back in soon!

L
Old 01-16-2002, 09:34 AM   #22  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I have my second interview at the Great Indoors @ 9 am. I am about to change the baby's pants and then go look at cute and as thin as possible. My dragonfly skirt was a tad tight last night when I tried it on but with support top hose and nice undies, I should look good. Well, I will try and update this afternoon. Depending on what they say, I may or may not go in and work today. My boss was such an angry woman yesterday, that I was so happy that I would be leaving soon. She really needs to learn to relax! ~flower
Old 01-16-2002, 10:51 AM   #23  
Is it Friday yet?

Good morning all!

Well, day 3 of my "fresh start". Ug.... I'm handling breakfast and lunch pretty good, but I've really screwed up dinner the last 2 nights. Last night was partly because I didn't feel all that great (bad lunch meat ) so I pasta'd myself - carb-fest comfort food. I am planning my meals, but I go to cook and something in me snaps and I just make whatever sounds good - NOT what I had written down. I'm going to try again tonight - and every night until I have a totally OP day. I have felt hunger pangs though!!! That is a step in the right direction isn't it????

Ruthie - I'm so glad your meeting went better than it had been, and that they actually had a relevent topic - not just the social stuff, which is nice, but if you just wanted social you wouldn't be doing it there. Cheese is my thing too unfortunately. Pepper Jack in particular. Imagine how thrilled I was to learn Tillamook wasn't that far from where I now live!

Flower - Good luck on that 2nd interview - let us know how it goes!!

Lamorgan - I have a confession. I love housework. Ok, I know that makes me a very sick individual, but I love laundry, dishes and vacuuming in particular. When my friends from CA left after a 3 day stay they said "now the house can go back to "Better Homes & Gardens". Geez... just don't call me "Martha"

Back to my yogurt and work...

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 01-16-2002 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-16-2002, 04:25 PM   #24  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I got the job @ The Great Indoors. Details later on!
Old 01-16-2002, 05:29 PM   #25  
Is it Friday yet?

WooooHooooo!!!!!!

Congratulations!

Terri
Old 01-16-2002, 05:42 PM   #26  

Congrats, Flower!
Old 01-16-2002, 06:32 PM   #27  
Must Shrink.

Oh fantastic!
L
Old 01-16-2002, 06:52 PM   #28  
Hot Stuff

Whooo Hooooo! *snoopy dancing with Flower*

Congratulations!!

I'll be back later.
Old 01-17-2002, 12:36 AM   #29  

CONGRATULATIONS FLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry been MIA but in the process of moving should be online again sooon Miss you all..................
Sheila
Old 01-17-2002, 07:02 AM   #30  
deleted2

Default Remember Me?

Congrats, Flower!

I have to catch up---I've missed you all! Been swept up in life 'stuff'--nothing extreme, just stuff.

Closed Thread