Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-03-2007, 04:14 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Number one definitely. Pretty much from the moment I woke up to the moment I went to bed (and even in bed watching tv) as an excuse to eat.

It's difficult as in our family we tend to use events as an excuse to 'look forward' to an eating situation. Bonfire night - ooh I can make a cake, christmas - well we'll eat this that day, and that the next day and I'll buy this this and this. I'm having to be stubborn and saying I want to eat what I have been eating with the exception of a Christmas day lunch. It's difficult when you feel like you're 'missing out' though. I guess I just have to remember the only thing I'll be missing out is unecessary calories, potential weight gain, feeling sluggish etc
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #17  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I eat when I'm bored or anxious. Usually when I'm stressed or upset, I cannot possibly eat. Hmmm, maybe I should stay stressed and upset all the time? LOL Nahhhhh

While getting ready for a triple birthday party last Saturday, I found myself with the munchies the night before. I had a LOT to do and was getting really anxious and worked up for the event and started eating more than I would normally. I haven't so far found a way to battle them other than to forcefully stop myself. But I don't normally. Normally, I eat good healthy food and keep to a low calorie range, so that when I do splurge at times like these it doesn't cause me to gain. Of course I've just been sitting where I'm at and also not losing anymore, but when I really decide to I suppose I'll work harder at not splurging during these moments.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 235/199/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Wow, a LOT of emotional eaters! Anyone know what the ratio of #1s to #2s are in the general population (not just folks on a diet site)?

I'm a #2, always have been. In fact, my main struggle at first on this journey was even remembering to eat on a regular basis. Now, don't get my wrong -- I LOVE food and can eat a giant pile of it (struggle #2 with me ), eating has just always been chore-like for me so I'd put it off.
OH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:15 PM   #19  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Boredom is the #1 "oopsy" for me. When I'm sad or upset, I am more inclined to forego eating. My appetite drops when I feel down. When I'm happy or excited, I will eat regularly, or sometimes so excited that I forget to eat! LOL! - But when I'm bored.... OMG... I'm way more apt to reach for a bag of snacks, and then another... and this is ESPECIALLY TRUE if I'm sitting in front of the boobtube! - Therefore I try not to watch TV if there's something else I can be doing! When I'm angry- I'd much rather be working out; I like to get physical when I'm angry, & it's better to hit a punching bag than to hit somebody!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #20  

I'm both!

If I'm hungry, I'll eat, because otherwise I feel faint/bad pretty quickly.

On the other hand, aside from very stressed/guilty, which kills my appetite, any sort of emotion felt more than mildly usually causes me to eat. Even happiness prompts *celebratory eating*

**bangs head against wall**

Emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote