Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft1

Default Wooo go me!! Lol!

welllll when it comes to exercise, it just does not happen for me!! well ive realised i dont have to jump in the deep end and run the marathon, so what ive just done is 10 min walk down hill to my local post office to get my passport forms sent off, and a 20 min walk back up the hill (its killed me! Lol) but to be honest because ive done that, i feel dead proud of myself! All i need to go now, is walk half hour every day!!

5 days a week i have a 20 min walk to work anyways so even if i just have a walk to the local shops before or after work will b nice

Im going to start doing sit ups every morning and every night, im going to start myself off at 5 sit ups each time, and gradually do more and more
ZoeJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Congratulations! Great plan.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #3  

Thank you!!
Old 10-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yes! There is no need to go immediately into being a marathon runner! In fact, you risk a lot if you try, including injuries. I applaud you for getting started small and planning to work your way up...and for making the commitment to get some physical activity.

for you!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #5  
Token Vulcan

Great job, Zoe!

I did the same thing. Started with several 10 minute bursts of exercise a day. Some nights now I'll walk/jog/crazy dance through my house for over an hour. I put some music on, too. I focus on that and have fun with it and forget how long I'm going at it, lol. Now I even thinks of my walks to work or to the store, etc., as exercise.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Zoe, I am old enough to be your grandmother, but we are in the same boat, exercise-wise. I just started doing a little walk around my area which includes a hill. Huff puff! I am so proud of myself, so, I know just how you feel - you finally got over that hurdle and got started. GOOD FOR YOU!!! And keep it up - it gets easier, although in my case, it is not getting easier as fast as I would like. Since you are a sweet young thing, it will go faster for you.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #7  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

I do a similar thing, I walk about 35 minutes a day, 5 times a week. I'm looking to up my walking time though. I always listen to my mp3 player, it keeps me moving! And I take my dogs! 35 minutes really can fly by if you have your ending goal in mind.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 02:34 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailr42 View Post
Zoe, I am old enough to be your grandmother, but we are in the same boat, exercise-wise. I just started doing a little walk around my area which includes a hill. Huff puff! I am so proud of myself, so, I know just how you feel - you finally got over that hurdle and got started. GOOD FOR YOU!!! And keep it up - it gets easier, although in my case, it is not getting easier as fast as I would like. Since you are a sweet young thing, it will go faster for you.
I hope it does get easier! Lol! i hate hills but im sure the more fitter i get and the more weight i loose i wont get out of breath as much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misschris531 View Post
I do a similar thing, I walk about 35 minutes a day, 5 times a week. I'm looking to up my walking time though. I always listen to my mp3 player, it keeps me moving! And I take my dogs! 35 minutes really can fly by if you have your ending goal in mind.
Im more or less the same as you as i have mp3 player aswell which 35 mins fly by when ur walkin along to your fave music
Old 10-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

You can do it!! I do the same thing and when I run/walk/whatever outside, I set goals for the next day and the next like: "to the next block and back" or "run to the next big pine tree today". Small increments and you'll be setting newer goals by the end of the month!!

YAY for you!!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:34 PM   #10  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on your efforts, Zoe. You have it all planned out. You're on the right track, just moving, doing something you enjoy. Keep up the good work!
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

Good plan! Set goals to increase your walking time every week. Plenty of women have lost weight just walking without anything fancy. You can just add more strength training as you go... maybe pick up an exercise ball or some dumbbells and do some new stuff at home when you're ready.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #12  

i know once i have paid off my debts (Grrrrrrr @ debts - wooo paid off next month tho lol) and after christmas has gone, i might treat myself to an exercise ball or something! At the moment i already have an exercise mat, which i use when i do my exercise DVD - which may i add is brilliant i do recommend it... try it people Click Here For The Dvd