Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #1  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Tired of being just a wannabe

I've been trying to lose 30lbs for 3 years now. I'm just glad that I haven't given up. I seem to fall off the wagon by say wednesday or thursday. Does this sound familiar? I think if I had someone to tell me what to eat everyday, I could stick with it. My problem is deciding "what is for supper", or sometimes even lunch. Any Ideas??
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:00 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey wanna!

Have you tried any of the structured plans, like Weight Watchers or LA Weight Loss, or even South Beach? Or what about the meal delivery plans--Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem? I mention those because sometimes it's hard to do it yourself without an "outside" motivation like a program.

We have information on lots of programs here on 3FC...

What have you been trying? That is, what plan are you following that you can't seem to stick with? Give us more information and maybe we can help.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #3  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

What really helps me stay on plan is I pick one or two nights a week to do major cooking. I plan out what my main meals will be, then cook all the protein/veggies ahead of time. Then, I can just nuke most of my meals. I also like to make my "menu" the day beforehand. Like tonight, I'll sit down and figure out which of the foods I've pre-cooked I'm going to have tomorrow. I write it down, figure out the calories/carbs (I'm on Atkins--that's why the carbs), then go with that the next day. It really helps me to feel in control if I've planned it out ahead of time--and if I've pre-cooked it, there's no excuses about why I can't eat on plan! Microwaving something isn't hard or time consuming
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:58 PM   #4  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

I have done South beach, BFL, WW and count colories with fitday. I've tried and failed on all of these.

Azure: thats a good Idea. I wish I could be so organized! I'll give it some thought
Old 09-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

OK, so you have tried organized programs. I guess my next question would be, do you have any clue about what sends you off the program? That is, do you get too busy? Do you not plan ahead far enough? Do you get rebellious? Is it "too hard"? ...??

Jay
Old 09-14-2007, 06:14 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

This was me to a "T". I would start off gung-ho, every MONDAY morning - of course, and then by the time mid-week rolled around, well, let's just say, I wasn't quite as gung-ho anymore.

One of the major keys for me has been to MAKE A PLAN. I rid my home of all the junk. I added in low cal and healthy foods. Tons and tons of veggies. Fruits. Chicken Breasts. Salmon. Canned tuna. Fat free/sugar free yogurt. High Fiber Cereal. Eggs and so on. And then I made a food "scheduele". And I stuck to it - like glue. I decided what I was going to eat for each and every meal about 5 -6 days in advance. I made sure to have all the needed foods in my home. And that was that. This way when it was time for a meal, I KNEW EXACTLY what I was going to eat. No reason to question it. And of course it was something healthy, low cal and extemely tasty. NO REASON TO GO OFF PLAN. I still plan everything out a few days in advance. It really has proven ESSENTIAL for me.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:36 AM   #7  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

The importance of getting rid of ALL and I mean ALL the junk food cannot be underestimated.

I went to my parent´s house for two weeks and every single day I had ice cream. Not because i needed it. Not because I particularly craved it, I hadn´t had any in like 3 months. But because it was there. I mean it, I wouldn`t have touched ice cream on my own. Go out in that heat to buy ice cream? But when it was there, waiting for me in the fridge, it was mine.

Only through 2 hours a day of exercise did I manage to lose half a pound during that time.

Dejunk your house. Treats are strictly outside. That alone helps.

And I second making a plan. I´m having a 4 egg white ommelette with onions, shrimp, tomato, green onions, and yellow chilli peppers for lunch. I´ve known that since Sunday and I´ve been looking forward to it ever since.

The great thing is that planning doesn`t really take a lot of time. I have a week planned out in less than an hour now. Your first time it might take a bit longer but by the third week, it´s smooth sailing.

GOOD LUCK!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 12:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Yup...gotta 3rd that planning. I don't think i would have ever lost any weight if i hadn't planned. I have been falling off of my planning lately, but for the most part, i've been doing it so long, I pretty much know how much of something i can have, or what types of food are best for my weightloss. I think if you really sit down, and plan out the types of healthy foods you like, yes...it has to be foods you like, then you will be able to do it. You can't just say, okay, i'll buy a bunch of califlower because it's healthy and maybe i can get it down. That doesn't work. it has to be foods you like. Make a list and get the serving size and calories and decide what calorie range you want to start at and start working a menu. That's what really helped me. And Fitday.com!! I love it.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:07 AM   #9  

I also don't give up. If I eat too much at one meal, I try to not beat myself up about it, learn from it, and be a little careful in the next few meals.
breakfreein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 07:03 AM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

breakfreein,

Jay
Old 09-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #11  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

Everything you all are saying makes perfect since. And the sad thing is I know all this.
One of my issues is that money is tight right now, and my check book is somewhat out of order (because of a bank conversion that has me thrown off) So what it boils down to is that I find myself avoiding the grocery store, because I know I need to spend quite a bit to get started eating healthy Does this make since?

I can look at this and see that my problems are mental (staying focus and planning ahead) as well as emotional. Food is a since of pleasure, and a comfort.

Another issue is that I have this new job that I love, but I haven't found a new routine yet. My house is a mess most of the time, and I just have this since of disorder in my life.

In the past 3 years it has been this way for one reason or another. New baby, moved to new state, then move to new house 3 times (or more) till we finally settled here.

Sounds like I need a diet Physiologist doesn't it

Oh, and I have learned to be weary of the feeling of motivation, and the whole “I’m gonna do it this time” thing, because for 3 years now, it is followed by failure.

WOW, what a pity party I’m having today!!!

Last edited by wannaBsize7; 09-15-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #12  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

At first I thought that eating healthy was expensive, but then I found ways around that.

Are there any farmers market in your area? It´s a great place to get cheap in season fruit and veggies.

Look for the freshest stuff. Instead of bagged spinach, buy it by the pound. Same with carrots. It will take you a bit of extra time to cut it up, but not that much.

Making your own healthy vinagrette or other salad dressing is a lot cheaper and yummier than buying the expensive LO-FAT one.

Look at the adds before making your weekly menu. If, say, red peppers are on sale, plan two or more meals around them.

I now spend less than I did with my previous diet (save for that month in college where my diet was ramen and egg soup twice a day).

You can definitely do this. Take your time and you`ll see that it`s easier than you thought!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote