Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-09-2007, 10:59 PM   #1  

Default Hi, I am new and would like to lose 4lb.s a month

Last year this time I was at my highest weight but I started playing Tennis and lost 15 lb.s that semester. Now I've been pretty much maintaing my weight. I would like to lose 15 lb.s this semester and next semester (Jan-April). This would mean around this time next year, I should have lost 48 lb.s.

How often do you think I should log on to the board to stay motivated.

I was planning to go to a kickboxing class twice a week and sculp and tone twice a week. Four hours in total meaning each class is about 1 hr. each.

Once a week I will get on the eliptiglider at the gym.

Drink 8 glasses of water and have 6 small meals.

I know I can do it.

thanks for the support everyone and please and anymore tips if you can.
chicacanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

i login EVERY day if at all possible, if not i have a really hard time good luck!!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 11:35 PM   #3  

Height: 5"10"

Hey there! Yes most definitely log in daily if possible. This web site has wonderful rescources and many many people who are all here for the same reason, the support that is offered is GREAT! Good Luck to you!

Sugar C.
sugarcookie53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

I agree, log in everyday. It's been a great motivator for me. Good luck to you and
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:24 AM   #5  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

I like to log in daily as well...even if it's just to look around and see what's new. Posting isn't always possible.

Good luck, it sounds like you have a good game plan to get your goal done.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:15 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey chicacanella,

Log on as often as you like... Many people on are once a day, or more often--others check in every few days.

Be sure to check out the Mini-Goals and Goals forum for some inspiring stories!

What plan will you be following with your food? Will you count calories, or use portion control, or some combination? Many members use websites or downloadable programs to track their food--e.g. FitDay, TheDailyPlate, and many others. Some folks say that weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise. That's not precise--it just shows that the eating plan is important.

Four pounds a month is completely possible! Good luck!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #7  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

oh geesh, I'm such a junky, I log in multiple times a day!!

Your goal is perfectly doable if you stick to it and you're patient (which it sounds like you are, else you would be stating you want to lose 4 lbs. a week!)

I've found that exercise is totally key, yes people say it can be done without exercise, and of course anything is possible, but if you don't want the weight you lose to be muscle too you'll have to work out. So make a commitment to yourself now to do all of those classes (or whatever else you want), no making excuses!

Also make a plan and commitment to your food. I also eat "mini meals" every 3 hours or so throughout the day, it works great for me. But you also need a plan for what you're going to eat and how much. The simplest thing to do on your own is calorie counting, IMHO, but there are so many other plans out there you can follow, it's probably just going to be a little trial and error to find out what works best for you.

Last edited by wisher; 09-10-2007 at 10:17 AM.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:45 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hey chicacanella,

Log on as often as you like... Many people on are once a day, or more often--others check in every few days.

Be sure to check out the Mini-Goals and Goals forum for some inspiring stories!

What plan will you be following with your food? Will you count calories, or use portion control, or some combination? Many members use websites or downloadable programs to track their food--e.g. FitDay, TheDailyPlate, and many others. Some folks say that weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise. That's not precise--it just shows that the eating plan is important.

Four pounds a month is completely possible! Good luck!

Jay

Oh, wow you guys! I feel really, really badly right now!

I haven't been back to this site since September. Some way, I got off track and distracted by other things.

Okay, these are my goals. I will use portion control mainly. I know how to count calories without writing them down;basically I know how to balance my calories through the serving sizes of food. I went to Weight Watcher's twice and lost 25 lb.s the first time;the second time, I had to stop going because my sorority meetings conflicted with the timing of the WW's meetings.
chicacanella is offline   Reply With Quote