Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/TICKER/110

Height: 5'1

Default Tie me down I'm craving....

something salty and crispy crunchy, which always means something fattening.
I told myself to get up and drink a Slim Fast before I even got hungry so I wouldn't start craving things but I didn't do it so now I'm hungry and I don't want a friggen Slim Fast!
I want something yummy.
Oh lordy, maybe I'll eat some sunflower seeds to satisfy the salt craving and then maybe I'll want the sweet Slim Fast after that.
ShyShy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

how bout some pickles??
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Sometimes salty to me is satiated with a couple pepperocini! And only 5-10 calories (but a lot of sodium). Recently I gave in and bought some Snyders 100 calorie pack pretzels. They were good and more filling than some 100 cal packs.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:31 PM   #4  
I restore Teeth.

I can't think of healthy salty crunchythings. I can only think of fattening things... which is why I shouldn't think at all!

Quick, chew a piece of sugarfree gum!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hi ShyShy ~

Popcorn! Microwave, 94% fat free popcorn has satisfied my craving for salty/crunchy ... low calories, lots o' fiber and inexpensive.

I've heard pretzels are a good snack choice - I have not read the label, tho, and you'd have to watch portion size.

Better to have a little salt/crunchy to satisfy you so you don't get so craved out that you binge on something higher fat with a boatload of bad cals (like I did last week when I ran out of microwave popcorn).

Just say no!
Ladiibbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #6  

I'm eating ranch sunflower seeds as I type, not good I know, I have a big isue with salt I LOVE IT.
1/4 cup is 180 calories, bad huh?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #7  

I'm going to get some popcorn next time I'm at the store
Old 08-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #8  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

I think if only salted, the sunflower seeds would have been a sensible option...the only problem is you can only eat a small amount as they are nuts...and even though good for you are dense with calories.

Popcorn would be a good option to turn to next time!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

popcorn is always a great option to keep around the house...can have quite a bit for lower calories. But i also like nuts..particularly almonds..but like previously stated...you have to watch the serving size. I actually count out my almonds (sounds stupid but it works) to make a serving size..then i have the salty crunch i crave along with some healthy fat. Also since you are still working at this and doing a good job...baked potatoe chips or pretzles are a good crunchy salty thing...pretzles better than baked chips...but sometimes we just got to have em...just make sure to measure out the portion sizes. But i'm a firm believer if you don't at least have a small amount to satisfy the craving..you will go insane. Just be aware of the serving size.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #10  

btw..one thing that seems to help me if i buy a bag of pretzles, baked chips or nuts is i break down the package into serving sizes right as i get it. So i pull out my scale (which i always recommend...big help with wt loss) and weight out one serving size....put it in a ziplock bag and then do it for the rest of the bag...that way you don't mindlessly eat the whole bag (which i've done many a times). You are more aware of the serving size and hopefully that helps control your food intake
Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #11  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I had such a problem with salt that I once had a co-worker reprimand me about my blood pressure when she saw me pouring salt on my food like it was the main course. I of course told her to mind her business at the time. LOL

Since I quit smoking and started eating right though, I've noticed a change in my taste buds. At first, I used all kinds of substitutes, like Mrs. Dash. Anything to season without salt. But I don't know how long it's been now, just that I no longer need to season things like I did. I can eat a piece of grilled chicken straight off the grill with nothing on it, or an egg. I tell people now that an egg has more sodium than it does calories, so it doesn't NEED any salt. My family thinks I'm nuts for not salting anything. But after retraining my taste buds for so long, I no longer have the salt craving I did. I've even returned to my home state and Shoneys, which I hadn't seen in many years. And tried one of the stuff crabs from their seafood bar that I used to love. Now, they're WAY too salty for my tastes. And I doubt they changed their recipe.

If you can look for substitutions and get past the hump time, you may find your salt cravings will decrease eventually.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:56 PM   #12  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

My current favorite salty crunchy fix is these: http://www.glennys.com/store/product...ategory_ID=203

My only issue is that I think they false advertise a bit. It says 10 grams of protein, but that is per bag, while the 70 calories is per serving (one bag is two servings).
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #13  

I bought some og the... oh wait what's the brand.... the peopular salt brand with the umbrella, MORTONS, LOL, I had a brain fat.

Anywho I saw that they had some salt that was supposed to be half the soduim of regular salt, so I bought some of that but someone reccomended Also salt, so I'll pick that up at the grocery store as well.
I would love to get to the point where I don't crave so much salt.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:58 PM   #14  

ohhh nancy those look good...might have to get me some..i've had soy crips before and usually like them...those are right up my alley