Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #1  

Default New to the boards...need some support

Hello my name is Mel and I'm looking for some weigh loss support. A bit of history I don't consider myself obese just uncomfortable at my weight. I'm 5'5and weigh 166 but would like to weigh 130-140. I went on Nutrisystem sometime ago and dropped 15 lbs but stopped. So then I was doing really well going to the gym just about 5 days a week then we went on a cruise and when we got home I had no drive to go to the gym. That's where I have been for the last 4 month. I have been eating poorly and not working out I gained like 5-10 lbs since the cruise. I need some luvin to get the eating and working out under control.

Marnesen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #2  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnesen77 View Post
Hello my name is Mel and I'm looking for some weigh loss support. A bit of history I don't consider myself obese just uncomfortable at my weight. I'm 5'5and weigh 166 but would like to weigh 130-140. I went on Nutrisystem sometime ago and dropped 15 lbs but stopped. So then I was doing really well going to the gym just about 5 days a week then we went on a cruise and when we got home I had no drive to go to the gym. That's where I have been for the last 4 month. I have been eating poorly and not working out I gained like 5-10 lbs since the cruise. I need some luvin to get the eating and working out under control.

Hello and Welcome Marnesen77 your numbers are close to mine. Is there are particular plan to follow or just play it by ear? I know over the years I tried several different diets but never stuck to anything. But I have found calorie counting to be working for me. I like it because it gives me more control. Plus its something I can do in the long run.

Here's a for you and we are all a bunch of supportive people who have been where you are today. It can be hard to get up and getting it going again but so worth it in the long run.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Mel!

You'll find more ideas on this site than you'll know what to do with! Be sure to check out the reviews of diet plans for some ideas. And we have forums for many programs, so you can ask questions.

Cheers! You can get rid of those creeping pounds!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Mel. I think you will find lots of help and support and love here. This is a wonderful place to be when you want to lose weight. I swear that i never would have lost a pound without this place. I tried for years but it wasn't until i stumbled on this site that i finally learned a healthy way to lose weight. I never had the money to go somewhere like weight watchers or Jenny Craig or anything else, so when i learned all about plain ol calorie counting....that was it. I was off and running. I've made it at least 2/3 of the way to my goal and looking forward to hitting my goal by the end of this year. I know I can do it, because of all the support i get here.

So please, jump in, post as much as you can, ask all the questions you need and read, read, read as many of the post as you can. There are also soooo many forums here about losing weight. They have them for pregnant women, post partum women, weightloss surgery, every kind of diet plan you can probably think of, an excersize forum, dieting with health issue forums....i mean....tons of forums. Certainly there will be a forum that you feel is just for you. Maybe even more than one forum. Feel free to post and read in any forum your little heart desires. no one will make you feel unwelcome or dumb or silly for any question you may ask.

Welcome!!!!! And good luck!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:31 PM   #5  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Hey Mel!! Looking forward to hearing from you in the future!!
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

((((hugs)))))) i know your pain
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote