Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-15-2007, 02:55 AM   #1  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Default i cant do it anymore

OK - Im not sure what the heck is wrong with me. I have been on a diet/excercise plan for more than 6 months now. I have been at it hardcore - really focused and on plan with very few meals that were off plan.

If it went in my mouth, it was weighed, measured or counted - no exceptions.
I excercise 5 or 6 days a week - any where from 1 to 2 1/2 hours per excercie session. Im telling you I am dedicated to my weight loss!
I have not lost anything - nothing - 0 pounds!

In fact - i gained a few. I had to buy another size up in pants this ast weekend so that I could go out and celebrate my birthday (my boyfriend planned an entire weekends worth of events) If I was going to be comfortable and enjoy myself i had to go buy a new pair - because all my pants were too tight or I had ripped the belt loops trying to get them on!!!
Its funny cause - I had set a goal 2 months before my birthday to go down 1 pants size, and I was so focused on this goal that i excercised and ate perfectly.

This has brought me to a new emotional low. I can't even tell you all the thoughts that have gone though my head.

Just a note - i know by looking at my pic - i dont look terribly overweight, but i carry my weight mostly in my thighs, so to give you an idea I am 4'10" tall and my thighs measure 40 inches around - so imagine the trouble I have shopping for clothes. I can't go on like this. I spent like 3 hours crying today. I dont even want to leave my house anymore.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

Have you been converting fat to muscle in your thighs? Also, if you dont get enough food and you exercise too much, the food you do take in can be converted directly into fat. There are online calculators that will show you how much calories you need to take in to maintain for your height/weight.

I hope you dont give up!
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:24 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi there. I think you look kinda fabulous in both pics.

Why not tell us what kind of food plan you are following this way we can help you better? Maybe it's the TYPES of foods that you are eating that is stalling your weightloss. Get back to us. We're here to help you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:28 AM   #4  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I agree with robin, maybe it's what you are eating because from what you are saying so far, I don't understand why you haven't lost anything.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yes, give us more information. How many calories do you eat in a day? Are you sure you're counting everything, including alcoholic beverages? Do you use a tracker like FitDay?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:16 AM   #6  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I hope you figure out what is wrong!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:29 AM   #7  

You might not be eating enough for all that exercise. Why so much? Also a diet is setting yourself up for failure. You need to be making permanent changes in the way you eat for life. By now you should know what a portion looks like and only have to weigh or measure occasionally. I heartly support a food diary. I've kept one since 1971 and maintained a 200 pound weight loss since 1975. Also, what kinds of food are you eating? What you eat is very important. Staying within a calorie count can be accomplished but we can still have poor nutrition that doesn't support our efforts. It would be helpful if you would give us a day's menu so we could see what you are eating.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:51 AM   #8  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Yes please share more about your calorie and fat intake. Then maybe some of our more experienced people here can help you. Don't cry!!!!!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #9  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

dont give in, youl regret it...listen to peoples advice

Last edited by ih8diets; 08-15-2007 at 12:23 PM.
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:58 AM   #10  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
You might not be eating enough for all that exercise. Why so much? Also a diet is setting yourself up for failure. You need to be making permanent changes in the way you eat for life. By now you should know what a portion looks like and only have to weigh or measure occasionally. I heartly support a food diary. I've kept one since 1971 and maintained a 200 pound weight loss since 1975. Also, what kinds of food are you eating? What you eat is very important. Staying within a calorie count can be accomplished but we can still have poor nutrition that doesn't support our efforts. It would be helpful if you would give us a day's menu so we could see what you are eating.
I think I have said it before, but I will say it again. That is awesome!!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #11  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi there. I can't really give you any advice since I can't seem to get it down myself, the only thing I can say is to keep coming back here, I think these ladies and gentlemen know a lot about weightloss and can give you excellent advice. I also wanted to say that your committment to weightloss is fabulous. You haven't given up so far, why do it now? Hang in there, I know it is tough, but you have a goal. Give the things that are recommended here a try. I hope you can get over this hump! BTW, you are incredibly beautiful, in both pics.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #12  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

I agree that you should share what types of foods you're eating/how many calories you're taking in. If you're exercising for 1-2.5 hours 6 days out of the week, you need to be EATING for that. Eating 1200 calories or less and exercising that way is going to cause your body to freak out! It thinks that you're not only under a lot of physical duress, but you're also starving!

According to some calculators I peeked at online, to maintain your current weight, being completely sedentary, you need to consume 1700 calories a day. Most people subtract 500 from the daily total to lose a pound a week (leaving you at 1200 calories). However, if you're exercising as intensely as you are, I'd suggest trying to eat more than 1200 calories--more like 1400-1500. Your body needs nourishment when it's working so hard!

But, I'll wait to see what you're actually doing calorie/food wise before saying anymore
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #13  

X

Last edited by elmuyloco5; 03-26-2008 at 01:22 PM.
elmuyloco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #14  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

what size pants do you wear? i can't imagine 40 inch thighs on a petite person unless you were counting both thighs. what type of food are you eating, do you take vitamins? have you seen your doctor to talk about this? what type of exercising are you doing for those 1-2 hours? we need the pieces to the puzzle to help ya!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:20 PM   #15  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Hey everyone, sorry I did not respont to Q's - I have been a little depressed.
Thank you all for asking so that you can maybe give me a little insight as to what I might be doing wrong.

First let me respond to a couple things.

ELMUYLOCO5 - First of all - no worries, you did not come off rude. My 2 pictures were taken less than 2 years apart - I compare those 2 pics becuase I can really see how thin my face and arms are - and being that I even gained weight in the face and arm is alot - becuase those are the last places I tend to gain it along with my midsection. I tend to gain it in my hips, rear eand and especially my thinghs. One thing I do know is that we all carry our weight in defferent places

As for how I measure my thighs, yeah that is a measurement of both at the widest part. I did that because it is devastationg to me that they are the widest part of my body - even a little bit wider than my shoulders. I just remeasured - the actual meausement around is 42, and 1 thigh measures 26.5 inchs! You guys also have to remember that I am ony 4'10" tall - Im very very short.

I have worked with trainers and learned everything I know about excercise, and fitness from them - I even taught aerobics and different fitness classes for a bit. (when I was fit!) I understand how cardio and weight training work together for weightloss and toning and all those things we strive for. I do both - I know im not trading muscle for fat, because in the past when I have done this, the scale does not move down but the inches do! This is not happening either. This leads me to believe it is more of an issue of what I am eating.

My daily calorie intake should not be an issue - I never take in less than 1200.
My calorie intake ranges from 1200 - 1400, usually around 1250 calories per day, and more towards 1400 if I excercised intensly that day. (usually a cardio and strength training day)

Here is a typical menu for me:

Breakfast: 1 serving of Special K cereal w/ a 1/2 c. of 2%milk
Coffee with 1 seving of creamer and a packet of splenda
2 wedges of cantalope (1/4 of a small one)

Snack: handful of grapes

Lunch: Healthy Choice frozen meal

Snack: 1/2 c. cottage cheese with fruit (i like pineapple in it)

Dinner: 4 oz of Salmon/Chicken (boneless skinless)
1.5 cups of broccoli
1/5 c brown rice

Snack: Nectarine

There what I typically eat in a day. I keep things simple because I want to be dead on with my calories as much as possible. Noting goes into my mouth inless it has been weighed, measured or counted. I keep a food, and activity diary and enter it all into Fitday.

Just one thing to add - I got this heavy once before, when my mom died, i just stopped doing everything, sat on my butt for a year and was depressed - when I snapped out of it about a year later - this is excatly what I did to lose, and I lost all the weight. That is why i dont understand. I gained the weight this time cause I went back to school and was sitting in a chair all day between school/work, but i ate the same. Im at a loss for what to do.
If anyone can see what the problem is with what i have posted please please let me know - cause i have always thought i knew how to do this, now im not so sure.

Oh my gosh, sorry sooo long!
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote