Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up I'm baaaaaaack....

HELLO everyone!

I've been searching in vain (albeit only for about the last 5 minutes, but still) looking for my old buds here... are any W.O.W. girls still around??

I am back here because I now have TIME. Things got so crazy here in spring that I needed to pare down some things in my life, and internet time was one of them. So - sorry for the disappearance.

I am doing GREAT. I am now just 8 POUNDS away from my goal!! I have been using The Beck Diet Solution with great success. I completed the program and, because I learned some very important skills, I am now entirely confident that I will see my goal and I will maintain it. I've also begun training to run a 5k in November! I'm excited!

I have never been healthier and happier in my whole life. I feel great - and I know that I owe at least part of this new life to the folks here at 3FC. I got so much support here when I needed it, and for that, I am forever thankful. I hope some of my old buddies see this and drop a line.

I'm going to snoop around a little more and see if I can find some old friends!

Take care of yourselves, chickies - and remember it's okay to put YOU first!!
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:33 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi SuZ!!!!! I was actually thinking of you the other day. Hearing from you and seeing how well you are doing and FEELING has brought tears to my very emotional eyes. 8 lbs from your goal? Wow!!!! Wow!!!! Wow!!!!!!

I picked up that book, The Beck Diet Solution and actually read quite a bit of it this past weekend. From what I've read so far, I was VERY impressed. The author speaks about so many things that I have incorporated into my life.

I'm so very happy for you. Thanks for checking in. I wish you continued success, (not only on the weightloss front)
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey SuZ! I don't think we've met--but glad to see you anyway! Awesome job on your weight loss!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #4  
Suz

Thumbs up

Robin!!! I've missed you!! And I am SO COMPLETELY THRILLED at how well you're doing. I went over and looked at your pix... holy WOW, you look fantastic! I am over-the-moon proud of you!!!

And yes, the whole time I was reading the Beck book, I thought to myself "yep... makes sense..." And a lot of the stuff reminded me of some of the things we'd talked about over the past year or so. The book reiterates what both you and I and many others here know already: it's all about creating a lifestyle meant for a lifetime. That's the only way to get it off and keep it off. No "quick fix" is gonna cut it!

Aaaah, I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. Do you hear from anyone else? Is Jeni still around, and Michelle?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #5  
Suz

Hi Jay! Nope, haven't met you yet - but I can't say that now, because now we have!

Thank you! And YOU have reached your goal, I see, which is AWESOME!! Be proud!! How did you do it? And HOW did you lose these last stubborn pounds?!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #6  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

SUUUUUUUUZZZZ!

OMG I've MISSED you! Welcome back! What a remarkable change in you! I guess I better pick up that book! How was Hawaii?

We're still doing the WEED thing, over under Chicks up for a Challenge, we're finishing up a Labor Day challenge, and of course we'll be going on to do another. Jeni still pops in too, though she's been working long hours!

HolyTeror, Aud and I have been asking about you lately!

WELCOME BACK!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #7  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Hello Rowdy Bliss, nice to see you are close to your goal. Well done!! I cant wait till im within single digits of my goal!!
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #8  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

Height: 5'3"

i am quite new here so i wouldnt have met you but you seem like a great motivation for me and i think that diet thingy you done doesnt sound so bad... well done
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:39 PM   #9  
Suz

Thumbs up

Oh, it is SO good to see you Michelle! I will make the Challenge Board my next stop. We have much to catch up on!!

Ih8, you are over halfway to your goal, that's awesome!! Keep working hard and you'll be in the single-digit countdown, too. With those gorgeous blue eyes, you are a knockout already! Over in the "support groups" forum, there is a section called "Chicks Up for a Challenge." There's a fab group of chickies there (and they will welcome a rooster in the henhouse!) called W.O.W. who set challenge goals... check them out!

Flabbyharry, welcome! This forum was a GODSEND for me when I first started this journey. You will find so many people who will share your fitness goal and motivate you with the stories of their progress. There are going to be times when you may need to be that motivation for someone else, too - and that's the beauty of 3FC. There's a real spirit of community here. In other words - you've struck gold. You should come check out W.O.W. too. (see above.)

OK! Off to catch up with my W.O.W. chickadees!!

Keep putting one foot in front of the other!
Old 08-14-2007, 01:00 PM   #10  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

It's so great to hear about someone disappearing from the site for a bit, but continuing to be successful!

Forgive my confusion, but what does "W.O.W." stand for, anyway? (I've wondered for awhile, so this seems as good a time as any to ask!)

Welcome back.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #11  
Suz

Thumbs up

Haha, good question, maalisse!

"W.O.W." stands for Women On WEED, and it's not weed like this .

WEED is a handy acronym that little group uses as a reminder to drink enough Water, get your daily Exercise, stick to your Eating plan for the day, and set a Daily mini-goal for yourself which could be diet-related or otherwise ("I promise I will NOT eat that ice cream today no matter how much I want it!" or "I promise I will get ALL that laundry done today!").

It's good to start each day with a little WEED.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:31 PM   #12  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyBliss View Post
Haha, good question, maalisse!

"W.O.W." stands for Women On WEED, and it's not weed like this .

WEED is a handy acronym that little group uses as a reminder to drink enough Water, get your daily Exercise, stick to your Eating plan for the day, and set a Daily mini-goal for yourself which could be diet-related or otherwise ("I promise I will NOT eat that ice cream today no matter how much I want it!" or "I promise I will get ALL that laundry done today!").

It's good to start each day with a little WEED.
What a good philosophy -- that's fantastic! Thanks for clearing that up.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote