Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default It's 3 O'clock Somewhere ~

With all due respect to Jimmy and Alan, I can wait until 5 o'clock for my beer....but...

What about that 3 o'clock hunger pain that hits? I come home from work and Angie says dinner is at 6 o'clock ~ I am starving.....I am trying to be more health conscious and stay away from that bag of potato chips....

What do I grab gals, that gets me over the hump until I join Jimmy and Alan?
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:15 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

- A FAt free/sugar free yogurt
-Multi grain rice cake with 1 tbsp of peanut butter
-an apple and 10 almonds
-baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sliced pepper, sliced cucumber and a tbsp or 2 of hummus
- low fat cottage cheese and berries
- 1 oz of low fat cheese and 10 almonds
-

If you're not satisfied with grabbing that, maybe you just want to grab Angie instead
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gary~I was going to say isn't it 5 o'clock?!?!

After the stresses with the payroll company, I'll be stopping off to buy a bottle of wine on the way home.......didn't want to do it, but I really need to forget about this week!

The only good thing is that my weight is down. Sorry that yours has stalled.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:21 PM   #4  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

veggies will tide you over until dinnertime. i usually buy the bags of already cut up broccoli and cauliflower and munch on those so i don't binge at 4:50!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Cottage cheese and fruit ties me over till supper time...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

I usually have hard boiled eggs in the fridge and I'll often have one at around that time. I have two teenage boys and they're always snatching them. I figure it's good protien, filling and not a lot of calories.
settie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 235/199/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

3 o'clock is hunger pang time here, too, and I always whip up smoothies for the kids and me. Plain, nonfat yoguurt + bananas + frozen fruit of some sort. On the rare days I don't make smoothies, I'll grab a slice or two of turkey breast.
OH2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
- A FAt free/sugar free yogurt
-Multi grain rice cake with 1 tbsp of peanut butter
-an apple and 10 almonds
-baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sliced pepper, sliced cucumber and a tbsp or 2 of hummus
- low fat cottage cheese and berries
- 1 oz of low fat cheese and 10 almonds

ROBIN - Have you been looking into Angie's snacks?
-

If you're not satisfied with grabbing that, maybe you just want to grab Angie instead
OH~OH! Hit a man when he's down...aren't you reading my MENOPAUSE thread? Back in the "day" that would have been a nice option

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Gary~I was going to say isn't it 5 o'clock?!?!

After the stresses with the payroll company, I'll be stopping off to buy a bottle of wine on the way home.......didn't want to do it, but I really need to forget about this week!

The only good thing is that my weight is down. Sorry that yours has stalled.
ALLISON ~ you "know" you can always come to me with a good excuse to have a drink...and if ya don't have one, I can give you one I won't say my weight has stalled...I think it has to "start" first

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
veggies will tide you over until dinnertime. i usually buy the bags of already cut up broccoli and cauliflower and munch on those so i don't binge at 4:50!
CAT ~ Thanks, I had some of the baby carrots and some celery after I posted. It is getting me through...but...I have been snacking on that all week...how do you say "BORING" after two weeks of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
Cottage cheese and fruit ties me over till supper time...
Thanks ILENE ~ I am not much of a fruit eater but I do like cottage cheese. I will take veggies over fruit any day..weired huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by settie View Post
I usually have hard boiled eggs in the fridge and I'll often have one at around that time. I have two teenage boys and they're always snatching them. I figure it's good protien, filling and not a lot of calories.
That sounds like a good idea DENISE! I will try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH2007 View Post
3 o'clock is hunger pang time here, too, and I always whip up smoothies for the kids and me. Plain, nonfat yoguurt + bananas + frozen fruit of some sort. On the rare days I don't make smoothies, I'll grab a slice or two of turkey breast.
The kids used to make smoothies all the time, maybe it's time for me to think about it DIANE ~ Thanks!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #9  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

im a bit late but wenever i get hungry at 3 i get some carrots or celery or peppers and i dip them into this low fat dip i get from my local its got ham and pineapple in it and its barely got any fat in or cals so i can snack onto it until 4pm lol. go to your local and find a low fat low cal dip and get dipping! lol
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

I too keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge (I toss the yokes) and I either put a bit of light mayo or salsa on them and have a snack. Other times, it's a high-protein shake from MRC ~ 4pm. It really helps cuz my body knows when 3 o'clock hits and I look at the clock, but my stomach talks to it! Hee, hee!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:28 AM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Frankly, if I tried to eat egg whites as a snack, I think I'd gagg!!! But that's just me. Why toss the yolks? They are good for you!

Other snacks I've used:

- 6 Triscuits and 1-2 oz. of cheddar cheese.
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese and same amount of Triscuits, or some other tasty, salty cracker
- Add a half dozen green olives if you like--the stuffed ones--they are very low cal.
- 2 oz. of tuna with the Triscuits. (You can tell I'm big on Triscuits!)
- Kashi bar, honey almond flax or peanut peanut butter.
- 8 oz. 1% milk and a serving of whey protein powder. Mix in a blender with some ice if you like, add half a banana. Yum.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlabbyHarry View Post
im a bit late but wenever i get hungry at 3 i get some carrots or celery or peppers and i dip them into this low fat dip i get from my local its got ham and pineapple in it and its barely got any fat in or cals so i can snack onto it until 4pm lol. go to your local and find a low fat low cal dip and get dipping! lol
Thanks FLABBYHARRY ~ Anything that has ham and pineapple in it is all right with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymster View Post
I too keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge (I toss the yokes) and I either put a bit of light mayo or salsa on them and have a snack. Other times, it's a high-protein shake from MRC ~ 4pm. It really helps cuz my body knows when 3 o'clock hits and I look at the clock, but my stomach talks to it! Hee, hee!
AYMSTER ~ I have never tried them with salsa, although we have salsa all the time ~ I'll give 'em a go! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Frankly, if I tried to eat egg whites as a snack, I think I'd gagg!!! But that's just me. Why toss the yolks? They are good for you!

Other snacks I've used:

- 6 Triscuits and 1-2 oz. of cheddar cheese.
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese and same amount of Triscuits, or some other tasty, salty cracker
- Add a half dozen green olives if you like--the stuffed ones--they are very low cal.
- 2 oz. of tuna with the Triscuits. (You can tell I'm big on Triscuits!)
- Kashi bar, honey almond flax or peanut peanut butter.
- 8 oz. 1% milk and a serving of whey protein powder. Mix in a blender with some ice if you like, add half a banana. Yum.

Jay
Thanks JAY ~ I shoulda got that double box of Triscuts at Costco on Thursday ~ DANG!