Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-26-2007, 04:33 PM   #1  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Default The Blahs

I have the blahs today. Physically, I feel fine. I'm not hungry, I'm taking my vitamins, I'm getting enough calories in the right proportions, I've been working out but not excessively or in ways that are particularly damaging to my bod. I'll go the gym this afternoon, as usual.

It seems to be a mental thing. I just feel unmotivated and bored with my day, and bored with being bored, if you know what I mean. Lassitude lassitude. I'm not even sure that this is diet related, although I imagine the sticky scale is contributing to the feeling.

I tried scooting out of work to run some errands, but that didn't help. I tried drinking my morning iced coffee out in the sunshine instead of in my office, but that didn't help. All I managed to do is get less work done. Well, that and buy a t-shirt for my kid that he doesn't really need, although I think it will make him happy.

So, what so you gals and guys do to get over the blahs?

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Wow...i don't really have an answer to that. I guess when i have those days, i just go in my room and pop in a good dvd and watch that. Usually the funnier the better. On the weekends when i am home alone, i like to pop in the Blue Collar Comedy Tour. That always makes me smile. Congrats though on excersizing today even though you feel blah. Definately helps that you are staying on track and not letting the blahs mess up your good eating and excersizing routine. I'm sure you will feel better tomorrow. Good news is....tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!! Yay!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #3  

I actually just posted because I am feeling the same way. Although I am quite sure mine is due to boredom with my exercise routine. I think changing up my daily routine a bit will help keep me motivated and kick the blahs in the butt. Maybe a change would help you, also?
WinterStarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:55 AM   #4  
Leaning out of Lurkdom ;)

Height: 5' 7"

You know what.. your right. Sometimes it isnt all about dieting and exercise. Sometimes its just endless days. I betcha we could chalk this more up to "The Dog Days of Summer." Where every day as good as it is, just sort of runs together. We're rockin n rollin day in day out... Life is good! But yeah out of no where comes this feeling of I'm tired, I'm bored, blah.

I say shake the day up!! Grab the boy up who has an ever increasing yet wonderful t-shirt collection and go Do something! I am not talking amusement parks here, because you get done to. You sit in something and it moves you. Thrillingly but still...

For me and mine, we go here.. http://cjbarrymores.com/ . The Euro bungy is killer on the arms n legs but sooooooo much fun! ( This is a good test of what all that time in the gym has done. ) Rock climbing, go karting, bumper boats, ending with a wild n wet water war. The last one is a great way to get out some pent up mental frustrations..ie; "I told you to clean your room a 172 times last week!!"

I dont know where your from but I bet they have a place along this linenear you too. I have heard of this place in California where the whole floor is a trampoline!! Man wouldnt that be fun!!

Wouldnt that be a great thread if everybody piped in with whats around them!!

I sure hope this feeling passes you fast. Good luck!
sweetnsassyfied is offline   Reply With Quote