Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #16  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

Good advice...good words. Jay, you have a point. Last time I tried this program I did it for almost 3 months and then quit, thinking I could switch to real food (I wasn't attending groups). But the reality is I went from drinking liquids (500 calories worth) a day, to eating ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I wanted. I had no idea how to portion control or watch my calories. I don't know if I wanted to at the time.

I think I have a better grasp on food now, and I'm more in tune with my body. I'm not losing weight for anyone other than myself...so that is also different.

I will say one thing. This program takes it's money and puts it into the hospital and different programs that the hospital is involved in. My meetings are actually at the hospital as the program is a medically supervised program. I know I'm not the only one there having trouble with the costs though. You don't have to buy any specific amount in the maintenance group...so maybe I'll give myself a couple more months of this program and then go to maintenance? Once I am in the maintaining program, I get to eat what I want, but still recording it and doing portion control. I think this may be the thing for me....I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Yes, it's a lot of money, but only for a couple more months, and ....I have lost 42lbs!!! I mean...it's working!!!

I think the smell of pringles last night made me want to change my diet, when in reality, I'm not quite ready. I'm just so fickle, I know.
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #17  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Whatever you decide to do is cool. We'll support you as much as we can.

But, if the smell of Pringles makes you want to change your plan, it's a sure sign that... you SHOULDN'T!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:53 PM   #18  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hey! Whatever you decide to do is cool. We'll support you as much as we can.

But, if the smell of Pringles makes you want to change your plan, it's a sure sign that... you SHOULDN'T!

Jay
yeeeeeeeah...I kinda figured.

I just got out a potato and microwaved it and put some FF sour cream and chives on it. It actually satisfied my craving. I do find alternatives, and I honestly think potato chips is one of the things I'll never be able to have in my house. I know most people have one thing that they won't bring into their house and that would be it for me. Unfortunatly, my dad likes them and doesn't care.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #19  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

LOL I just had a luncheon here last Saturday and bought a couple bags of the LIGHT potato chips. I grabbed one handful with my sandwich. There was still one bag unopened at the end of the day and I sent it down the road with the family.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #20  

Height: 5'4"

I would just get into a program like fitday or the daily plate.....they are free. Then you can make it a lifestyle change....not a fad diet. That's way too much money to spend on a healthier you forever. You know. get to where you can do it on your own and save yourself money. Then you can do it for the rest of your life. You have to be realistic.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:48 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

You could also check with your work or your insurance. I went thru my insurance to see a nutritionist. I got a diet to fit my needs and that can be change upon my needs. It cost me 15.00 and I spend around 50.00 per week for food at my local store. My food bill went down cause I stopped buying the bad thing like hot pockets, pretalzs,soda, and tastey cakes.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #22  
I DO have a BellyButton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outland View Post
You could also check with your work or your insurance. I went thru my insurance to see a nutritionist. I got a diet to fit my needs and that can be change upon my needs. It cost me 15.00 and I spend around 50.00 per week for food at my local store. My food bill went down cause I stopped buying the bad thing like hot pockets, pretalzs,soda, and tastey cakes.
Funny thing is...that's the discount I get with my insurance.