Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 11:14 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Bulg Battling Buddies are we stillbuddies?

Hy Jamie sorry about the lack of msgs Life got quite hectic Im at home right now for Xmas and stil doing papers!!!
I miss you too girl and will mail ya asap
I'd hate to completely lose touch with the rest of you girls
so if you want t revivethe thread or have joined another one let me know
Old 12-18-2001, 02:16 PM   #2  

Hey Kier! How's things going for you.

I'm not doing too good here. I'm hoping I can get off my big fat arse after christmas and get back to it. I have been in a HUGE slump over the past couple of months. I've gained back 10 pounds, and landed myself in the hospital last week with an ulcer and gall bladder problems, all cuz I just won't quit eating. Don't know why. And worse yet don't really care. I think I am eating myself to death.
I had pretty much been just posting on the "300+ and ready to try again thread. I haven't been there in about a month either. This is the first time I've been back here in a LONG time. I saw your post and wanted to say HI!! I will try to get here more often, but so much going on right now it's hard to committ.
Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 12-20-2001, 02:47 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Jen I have been in a slump to and it got to a point i was to ashamed to post b/c how could i add my encouragement to he group when my own eating was soo crap we're talking multiple KItKat days but we can do this !
OH YEs im now on glucophage and slowly taking the weigt off and trying to eat right
if i dont hear from ya have a fabu Xmas and remember dec 26 is a new day
Love
Kier
Old 12-20-2001, 10:43 PM   #4  

Well it's about time!!!!! I had just about given up on you all. I got tired of talking to myself and went looking for another group to post with. Haven't found one yet. Hopefully this one will keep going.

Hey all - the holidays are hard! They also make you depressed. I get the double whammy that my birthday is the first week in January and I start re-evaluating my life. I'm going to be 35 and I'm not where I want to be in a lot of ways, that's enough to make anyone eat. Don't beat yourself up over the holidays. One more week and it will be over, then we can start again. Nothing coming up food wise until Easter!!!!

Hope you all decide to post regularly again. I missed you.

Cocoa
Old 12-20-2001, 11:08 PM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

HeY COCOA!!!
I'm going to post every other day commit to posting every other day b/c A I missed you guys and B well it helps I got on the scale today and its day 7 for me on the glucophage I was diagnosed with PCOS
and the scale said 210
I'm not changing my sig until i go to the doctor and get the official # but whatever happens i feel better
my eating is not great but not bad considering its holiday time
Cocoa mon petit chocolat 35 is in your PRIME WOMAN!!! dont think of it as a double whammy it is your personal new years
this year i'm not making new years resolutions I'm making life resolutions
one of mine after the 25th is to go back to eating healthy not dieting just eating healthy b/c at the mo i'm losing and eating some junk and who knows how long tht will last and PCOS goes hand in hand with diabetes so i'm a lil scared
So lets get back into action Not for the new year but for the NEW US! a healthy bunch of chicks who are takin control
Old 12-21-2001, 11:30 PM   #6  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Unhappy Just one of those things!

Kier, Jen, Cocoa,

Whew, I thought I was the only one having a crap time of things with food. I had lost like over 48lbs from last March and then all of a sudden the past 2 months I started getting stressed about work and dating this dude, and everything and well where did I turn but to my friend that doesn't talk back "food". YUCk I was so mad at myself. Well needless to say work is still stressful but the guy is not apart of the stress factor anylonger. I decided if I was fretting over a man and that fretting was causing me to turn to binging on food again he SOOOOOOOOOO was not worth the extra meal from Sonic or Taco Bell! But dang he sure could kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SIGH* oh well life goes on right!
I think I gained about 10lbs back from the whole stress time...so I'm back at about 298 now and not willing to give up, so aside from kicking myself in the butt about where I turned to in a time of stress....I'm trying to turn things around.

I'm with Kier on the life resolutions! I don't just want to eat healthier, I want to commit to getting off my arse and being active. That is the hardest thing for me to do is be motivated to exercise. Just wish there were some friends around me that I could have an exercise buddy with...that always helps.

Cocoa - Don't sweat the B-day thing! I know what you mean though...I'm so not where I thought I would be at 28. I knew I'd be married by now and possibly one youngin on the way at least...but HELLLOOOO wake up call to reality that's not happening....yet. And well maybe that's why the great kissing 24 yr old boy toy looked so nice, but so was not worth the stress. But ya know girl...Anne of Green Gables taught me something that I just happened to remember right now. "Tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes in it!"

Jen - Good to hear from you. I think the slumps have been a part of the past few months for a lot of people. Kind of hard not to be when you see whats going on in the world around us. Whether we want it affect us or not it does in some way. I know we can do this though and it was great to hear from you and all of you!

Kier glad you made it back safely can't wait to catch up with you!

Post tomorrow I hope. Taking care of my nephew in the morning and then I work the stress shift..oh rather the late shift as usual at work tomorrow evening.

Jamie
Old 12-22-2001, 03:27 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

HEy girls santa came ealy for me
i have a new bouncy layery hairdo and a new pair of shoes
and the skirt i bought in sept and never wore coz it was a bit tight is now verrrrrry comfy WAHOOOOOO
my eating today has been craptastic but I have off foodwise until the 26th b/c its ludicrous to try and fail when rory has 3 kinds of cookies in the fridge I refuse to binge tho I'm not going to do it!
Anyway My Dears
Gotta go get crackin!
Love Kier
PS I'm soooo glad we're all still here
Gina fill my stocking with a post woman!
Old 12-23-2001, 11:02 PM   #8  

Just wanted to wish you all:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Old 12-24-2001, 01:07 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thanks Cocoa and MerryXmas to you too babes
and wednesday I get back on track! tons to do today but i'll post later
Love
Ki
Old 12-25-2001, 10:48 PM   #10  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Default Food day is over!!!

Merry Christmas Girls!!!!!!!

I hope you all had a great one! Ya know it's always hard this time of year for the battle of the bulge huh? Starts at Halloween and ends this week in Dec. It is also tough when you are the cook for these events! Esh...but mmmm dinner was good. I'm ready though to kick start the new life resolutions...I always get real deep in thought and reflect on the past year Christmas night....it's weird how that happens, but it does. SO here I am wishing you all the best and begining my list of things I want to commit to in the next coming year.

Take care and Happy New Year if I don't get a chance to post before then!

Jamie
Closed Thread