Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2007, 04:33 PM   #16  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Good ideas!

onthetee, I just wanted to say that you might want to watch out for those little bits here and there. You could be taking in more than the 150 cals you think you're getting. Just one TBS of peanut butter is 100 calories.

Another thing I do if I'm at a restaurant is that I put my silverware on the plate and push it aside when I've had enough, so that I'm not inclined to pick at the food I'm not taking home. I used to sit and nibble until it was all gone, even though I had "stopped eating." Now, when I'm done, I'm done.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumifan4ever View Post
ooohhh....i could not do that. That's how i operate on the weekends and sometimes it can be dangerous. Either I eat too little or i wait until i am starving and grab what ever is closest. Not that i keep that many bad for me foods around. I do best if i keep to a schedule.

That makes sense, maybe I worded what I meant wrong. I won't let myself "go hungry" but I won't eat just for the sake of eating and the fact that I have so many calories left in my day.
I have set a limit of 1500 cals since the beginning of my plan, and I find that I am sometimes above 1500, but never below. I'd like to have some below days due to the fact that I listened to my body and said "hmm I am not hungry anymore, I am not going to eat anything else today" instead of going "ooh! I have 100 cals left! what can I squeeze in?".
Actually, today I tried to eat really slowly, and thus far it has worked really really well. Something that interested me recently at a party I was at was that one of my very skinny friends took a piece of hero, took a bite of it, put it down, and promptly forgot about it when someone started talking to her and she got distracted. She didn't touch the hero for the rest of the night (though she did eat other things), but I'd like to be inthe mindset like that, where I am not so focused on my food.
Sorry to hijack the thread! Oops!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: Size 26W/Size 24W/Size 8

Height: 5'7 1/2"

I'm getting back on the water wagon.
rubberlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 AM   #19  
I See Less Every Day

I purchased a digital scale this week. I want to get into the habit of weighing my food instead of guessing on the portions size.

I try to implement a new habit every week or two (depending on how long it takes to make it a habit). I havn't done the fork thing yet so I'm going to try that down the road.

My personal favorite new habit and this kinda goes with grazin I never eat standing up.
clessofme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Well I tried the "food down between bites" strategy yesterday, and it worked well at lunch! I let my hunger get away from me in the afternoon, though, so by dinner I was ravenous and plowed through my meal. Whoops. Breakfast today went well, so today is off to a good start!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote