Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 12:01 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again... # 113

WELCOME !!!!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a "second" page.
We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:26 AM   #2  

Smile

I did not intend to post tonight. Just stopped in to read and found we were about to go to a third page. I am so happy so many are hanging in there during the busy holidays.
Holidays are the MOST important times to post. We are faced with so many temptations and it is so much easier to grab a quick burger and fries than to cook. It is important to come here to be reminded and to remind others that there are other options available. Today I ate at McDonalds and had one of their salads. Their grilled chicken is pretty good.

I have stayed on program, I have drank my water, and I went swimming. BUT... I still want to bake and eat cookies, cakes, candies, and banana nut bread. I am just going to stay away from that stuff. If it were here right now it would be too much to resist. It is just such a way of life. Christmas and eating... it just seems to go together.

Last year I made that mistake.
This year I do not plan to repeat those mistakes.
Surely I am intelligent enough to not take that first bite. I know the results. I know it is an addiction for ME. I am not speaking for anyone else. I am a food addict. I can control it for one evening... but then it leads to two and you know the rest of the story.

I made it one more day. It is a one day at a time quest for me now during the holidays.
One meal at a time. Heck, one thought at a time.
But I am detemined !!!!

I keep thinking about the FOOD !!!!! WHY ??????
I know partly why. I am stressed. Food is a stress reliever.
Christmas is a stressful time for me. I wish I could say it was a joyous time. But reality is... I am a procrastinator and that makes Christmas a stressful time.
I am also a perfectionist. That does NOT mean I do everything perfect.
It only means I "want" everything perfect.
Since that is impossible most of the time.... it causes stress.

LOL... and I asked why I was stressed.
I am a compulsive food addict during an eating holiday that also is a perfectionist who procrastinates.
Darn.... I am doing pretty darn good considering.

Well friends... I am out of here.
I have my dishwasher and dryer waiting on me.
I have one daughter coming home tomorrrow.
I need to make a shopping list so I can start on my shopping before Christmas gets here.

Have a wonderful Thankful Thursday.
I am thankful that I am in here writing instead of out there baking goodies for myself.
I am thankful I know what my problem is so I can avoid disaster.
I am thankful I still have 2 weeks till Christmas.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-13-2001 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-13-2001, 08:01 AM   #3  
Falling, but fighting...

Well, due to the piece of pound cake yesterday, I went over my points by 5.5. I am not fretting though since I had 32 points banked from the previous 2 days. I really shouldn't of eaten the cake, but I did and that can't be changed. I did however drink my water, journaled and exercised, so it was positive after all.

Today is a new day and I am already drinking my water and ready for an OP day.

Taz: I am a bulk eater, so a lot of my food is low in points but I eat lots of it. Sometimes I will eat 3 chicken patties for dinner. Since they are only 2 pts each that is only 6 points and it fills me up. I also like bread, so the wonder lite wheat bread is great--low points (1pt for 2 slices), lots of fiber.

2Cute: I don't know when I will start my new job. Probably next February or March. Paperwork in the City takes forever to get approved.

It's 8am, got to start work. Bye.
Old 12-13-2001, 08:08 AM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Morning

aghhhhhh I have 1 cake in the oven and 1 more to make. It smells soooooo good. But I am determined not to eat any..

Thankful Thursday: As always I am thankful for all of you. You give me support. I don't think I could make it with out all of you to talk to.

I am thankful we live in the USA

I am thankful that I can turndown that piece of cake or pie (most of the time)
Old 12-13-2001, 10:04 AM   #5  
Give Peace A Chance !

Susie I was wondering if there was a way I can keep this LC for me. I am a big bread eater but I can't stop when I start on those kinds of foods so I have to eliminate them all together. Do you think it would be okay if I use the WW diet but leave out the breead, potatos,rice,and pasta? Let me know whjat you really think about that.

Sorry everyone, I'm so rude today. Forgive me.

Good morning everyone!!!!
I hope your day is going well and OP

Have a good day all and make it count!

Peace
Old 12-13-2001, 10:10 AM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning, ladies! Yesterday was a decent day of food. I ordered grilled salmon at the steakhouse, as promised. No dessert! I had a very busy day, but felt like it was alot of accomplishment.

I have our Family Council business meeting this afternoon that I have to chair. I'm busy, or should be, getting an agenda and stuff ready for the meeting.

2cute: You need to change your settings for the thread length. It is soooo nice being back to normal. Your 'the end' message was still on my first page! * Glad your tree is finally up and decorated. * I'm with you on the shopping though. It's not done! Of course I don't shop until it snows, so people around here are getting pretty scared that there won't be any presents!

Susie: You had so many points banked that that little piece of pound cake didn't make a bit of difference. You keep up the great job you're doing. Your back on a roll and it's wonderful!

Andria: You trip sounds like soooo much fun! And what a great time to get away, just when things are nutsy, get away for some stress relief! Good for you!

Tazmani: I'm with 2cute, you make such a welcome addition to this thread. We are glad to have you. * Sure you can do the WW points and still stay LC. If LC works for you, then by golly do it. But certainly you can still add up points and keep track. All of the points are calculated by calories, fiber and fat grams. You would just have to track the carbs to whatever level you want to stay at. (Sorry, I'm not Susie, but you posted when I was posting and I thought I would answer right away.)

Mary: Hope you can stay out of eating too much of those yummy smelling cakes! All of those get-togethers sound like alot of fun.

Michelle: Hang in there. You can do this, you really can. One moment at a time if necessary! [[[hugs]]]

I'm gonna run or I'll never get anything done. That decorated palm tree reminded me of Malia, I wonder where she is. Jen's been missing for awhile too. Lynne should be getting married this weekend. Hope some of our old friends will pop back in. We miss you and at this time of year, especially, we NEED to stop in here!

Love to all.

"To be somebody you must last." - Ruth Gordon

Last edited by thinthinker; 12-13-2001 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:54 PM   #7  
Give Peace A Chance !

Thanks Thin, all info is welcomed info. And your results ain't nothing to sneeze at either. I love all the positive work that you guys are doing and I'm glad I came here too. Thank for all the kind things both you and 2Cute have said about me. I feel a closeness and true friendship with you guys already.

Thanks again

Peace
Old 12-13-2001, 04:50 PM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all
I got my cakes done they sure look good but I'm going to try to pass them tonight. Not much going on except I have a headache. I think I'm missing some nutrient or something. I'll be back afetr the dinner tonight.
Old 12-13-2001, 06:50 PM   #9  

Default Merry Christmas !!!! Ho Ho Ho !!!!

2cute singing....

We wish you a Merry Christmas
And a Happy New Year !!!!

I just thought some of you may be in need of a little Christmas cheer.

I am s l o w l y but surely getting a little bit done here and there. I just had to stop and take a break. It can all be so overwhelming sometimes.
Mary... cooking, cooking, cooking.... I feel bad not cooking for my family too.
Do any of you remember the old "Watergate Cake"??? It is green so I am going to make it this year. It has been 20 years since I made it the last time. I remember how good it was... I hope my memory isn't playing games with me. LOL

Nothing new to report. I stayed on program. I went swimming. I have NOT drank enough water ....YET. I may be up all night running to the bathroom now since I procrastinated.
I just needed to come in and read for a while. I hope there is someone posted in our thread... otherwise I will have to go find some where else to read. I am feeling kind of lonely. I am writing off line so I will soon find out.

Hope you are having a wonderful day.
Love and appreciation to all, and to all a good night.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-13-2001 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2001, 07:37 PM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good evening everyone! My day went well. I had a Morningstar Farms Chic Patty for lunch, on a 1 point bun with a slice of cheese. (4 pts.)

Then by the time my Care Center meeting was over I was starving. Do you know how hard it is to walk in the door starving and not grab just any high fat, high calorie thing that is lurking in the kitchen? By golly I think that stuff just lays in waiting for those moments and just pounces on you when you are least expecting it! YIKES!

But I was good, I grabbed a slice of ham and a piece of cheese and made a roll up (2 points) just to tide me over til dinner.

I made a real nice chicken salad for dinner with Craisins, celery and green onions along with the chicken. I mixed it with a little FF Miracle Whip and put it in lettuce lined pita halves. It was very good. So I am waaaaay under for the day. We'll see what the night brings, but I know I will be satisfied with either WOW chips or popcorn later on.

I'm looking for another loss on Monday, can you tell??? I figure if I can just break the nasty cycle of up and down and just continue to lose each week, even if it's only a half a pound, I will be in a much better frame of mind and soon it will get easier and easier.

I remember when I first started WW how determined I was and there was just NO stopping me. I want those days back. At the beginning that attitude lasted 7 months. I want another 7 months, by golly!!!!

I guess it is the little victories that will add up in time and make for a nice loss. I will keep on plugging away and with the help of all my friends here, I know I can get this weight off!!

I know it's Thursday and I'm supposed to be thankful (and I am) but I think I will do Tip Tuesday Tonite (how did you like that??? TTT oooooh, from TT ) My tip is: remember that the second and third bite of something tastes just the same as the first. So, if you want a taste of something this season, take a bite. But there is no need to take a second or third bite because they will taste just the same as the first!!

We're getting closer and closer to all of those parties and get-togethers. Let's keep a watchful eye on what goes in the mouth and remember the holidays are about the people we love, not about food. I wish us luck AND determination! Let's be here for one another.

Wow, I guess I did get carried away rambling. Sorry about that. I will go now and shut up. Have a good night!
Old 12-13-2001, 09:10 PM   #11  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hey there one and all....

I am still here, but going thru some things that keep me from being focused on staying OP. I know, I know it is just excuses.
Nothing mysterious going on with me, just a lot of emotional garbage I am dealing with, I need to get healthier emotionally and physically before I can concentrate on anything else. I sure hope you all understand... but right now I don't want to inflict my attitude on anyone if you know what I mean??! lol

I want to tell you all how much this forum has done for me the past months. I promise to be more faithful about posting during 2002.

I love seeing new members come on board, and to hear about how you all are coping with the holidays..

Anyway...Happy Holidays to one and all....May the coming year be filled with Love, Luck, & Laughter for us all.

Until then....
Old 12-14-2001, 03:14 AM   #12  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

One last stop in before my weekend begins! I had to give out some *HUGS* first.

I also wanted to leave a tip. This is one I plan on keeping in mind this trip, plus it goes along well with Thin's. You know how she said to remember the second and third bites of something will taste the same as the first? The key to this is really tasting that first bite. Not sure about you all, but I tend to gobble down treats. The coolest tip I've picked up to help this habit is to slow down. Hold that treat and smell it first. Take your bite and let it settle in your mouth. Really give your tongue time to savor and enjoy whatever it is. Chances are, you'll have given your body what it needed and won't need to go overboard to satisfy that need or craving or whatever it was.

Ok, it is 1:30 in the morning, and I really need some rest! Take care all, and have a great weekend. I'll see you next Tuesday.

Andria
Old 12-14-2001, 08:18 AM   #13  
You and Me in 2003

Morning all
I ment to check in last night after the dinner but we had tornado watches so I had turned the computer off.

Dnner went good. I passed up dessert all together. Instead I ate a little fruit salad. I didn't overeat anything.

I go to my Grandmothers on Sunday.

Glad to meet you Syn hurry back soon.

To all the rest of you have a good weekend.
Old 12-14-2001, 11:23 AM   #14  

Talking Ho Ho Ho

I just love coming in here and finding lots of posts.

Thin...how do you underline ??? I am going to write this as an email and copy it and see if my underline stays. Is there a way within 3FC's.??? (as you can see... my underline did NOT take)
I used to eat tons of Morning Star food products when I was a vegetarian. (yes me a vegetarian... LOL). Most are pretty good. When you add the extras like lettuce and tomato you can hardly tell the difference. Thanks for reminding me about them again. I have never had one of those pita thingys. It sounds sooo good.
Those little victories really do add up. Keep them coming !!!!! I always look at Suzies weight loss totals and remember most of her victories were baby steps. She has come sooo far. I also call them My Mini Miracle. I swear it is a miracle if I lose a darn ounce. LOL
Determination that is a KEY word for me right now. Determination!!!!!

SYN..... I am always so happy when I see you posting. I miss you soooo much!!!!! We will always be here for you. We each have to travel our own road to recovery. Sometimes I am guilty of trying to push my way onto others. Just KNOW... I am here to "just listen" anytime you need to share. We ALL are. Hurry home to us as soon as possible.

Andria.... what a GREAT TIP to add to Thin's. Slow down and savor the taste. I did that on Thanksgiving. I let it m-e -l -t in my mouth. Mmmmmm. But for someone like me... that can be playing a dangerous game of Russian Roulette. I am very very very thankful that did not back fire on me.

Mary... you are doing so MARVELOUS !!! I am sooo impressed and proud of you.
All of that baking and passing on desserts. WOW. That is super.
You said you were going to your grandmother's Sunday... how old is she?? I thought you were in your 50's. Well.. I guess my dad is old enough to be my granddad. LOL My dad is 91.

I have got to go. I have tons to do today. Not fun things either. LOL
My fun is going to be tonight. I am going to sit back and enjoy my prettty living room.
My daughter came home last night and while laying on the couch she said. "Mom... it is soooo nice coming home to such a pretty home decorated for Xmas" It made me feel good.
THEN... I thought of Thinthinker's house... LOL ... oh well, what my daughter doesn't know won't hurt her. LOL

I love you all.... Merry Christmas !!!!
Old 12-14-2001, 12:49 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi girls! Wow, you were all busy posting this last little bit. It's so good to see.

I splurged for lunch today and had a Big Bufford from Rally's. For those of you that don't have Rally's in your neck of the woods they are a fast food burger place and Big Buffords are 2 patty burgers that are really good. I sat down with my son and took my first bite and said to him "damn, these things are good!" Do you know how long it's been since I had a burger??? It has been a loooooonnnnnggggg time! I looked them up, they're 18 points. So I will just work around those for the rest of the day.

Syn: Glad to see you make it in here. It has really helped me these past couple of weeks to be back on a regular basis.

Andria: I hope you have a wonderful trip. We will be looking forward to all the details when you get back. * You're so right about slowing down to actually 'taste' what you're eating. I too am a gobbler too. It is very hard to break that habit, but it really does work well for satisfaction from alot less food.

Mary: Sounds like you did well at the dinner. * Hope none of the tornados actually appeared. * Is your grandmother a local trip or do you have to travel?

2cute: Ok, how do I teach you to underline without actually writing it, because if I write it, the site will do it. Ummmm, ok, here goes. You know how to bold? With the [ ] brackets around a b??? Well you do the same thing to underline. You put brackets [ ] around a u. At the end of the word or phrase, you just do the end bracket like you do for bolding with the [ bracket, / slash, u, ] bracket. Does that make sense? It also works for italics too. Just use an i instead of the u or b. * Those pitas are nice and low in WW points, but I'm not sure about the carb issue. Next time I buy some I'll have to look for you.

Guess I will go and get something done. I need to get my lists together and see what I have and what I still need to get. YIKES! So far behind! Ooooo, they're saying our rain may be mixing with snow later this afternoon. Maybe I will get some shopping done afterall!

"The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves, they find their own order...the continuous thread of revelation." - Eudora Welty -
Closed Thread