Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 01:06 PM   #16  
Falling, but fighting...

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Things are going ok, but starting to get difficult again. Yesterday I only banked 1.5 points and today I am on the verge of eating everything. I haven't yet, but I am sooooo close. I still have over 25 pounds banked for this week, but it would be a shame to eat them all today--the day before my weigh-in.

Anyhow, I am still exercising everyday on my bike for 30 minutes, which is good and i'm still drinking my water and journaling too.

I am not complaining, but does this ever get any easier? Food just keeps calling me. It probably doesn't help that after 1 week, I still have my period (TOM), so that may be part of the problem, but geez, I really wish food wasn't such an addiction for me.

Anyhow, I am hoping for a 2 pound loss tomorrow. That would be the ultimate, so I can get my 45 pound star, but realistically I will be happy to show any type of loss. I am not picky.

Thin: That big bufford sounds great. I haven't had Rally's is over a year and I can just picture and taste it. Mmmmmmmm.

2Cute: Baby steps are the key.

Grannie: Have a great weekend and keep up the good work.

Andria: Have a great trip. Enjoy.

Syn: Try to post even if you are off program. It could turns things around for you.

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 12-14-2001, 02:04 PM   #17  
I'm on my way!

Default Heeeeeelp!!

I went to the bank and came back and someone brought in the archway macaroons...they are jumping off the file cabinet over to my desk and jumping into my mouth! I can't stop them...I tried! gulp ugh!
Old 12-14-2001, 03:50 PM   #18  

MichelleK: Please excuse my just jumping in . . . I guess I finally "followed" ThinThinker over here from another thread and I've been lurking for a day or two.

Anyway . . . get rid of the macaroons. Is there is kitchen area you can move them to? Can you put them on the desk of the person who brought them in? Can you lock them in the file cabinet so that they'll be stale by Monday? Try passing them out to everyone else. At the very least, get them out of sight. Hopefully, your day is almost over (like mine is). Keep telling yourself that they aren't worth it, because you still have the entire weekend to look forward to.

Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

2ofMe (Annie)
Old 12-14-2001, 04:37 PM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

Hello everyone. I have to laugh at myself today. You know how I so often get knocked off line and lose everything I wrote. Well... I just got finished writing to all of you off line and when I highlighted the entire post to "copy".... I hit "delete" instead. Can you believe that????!!!! What a dork I can be.

But I am having such a GOOD day I don't even mind. Nothing special has happened to me. I am just not interested in food today and that makes me sooooo happy.
I have stayed on program but still felt "drawn" to the Christmas goodies. Thanks goodness I didn't have any around me to eat. LOL I just could not seem to stop "thinking" about them. WELL...today I have NO desire for them.

I don't know why the desire has gone away. And to be honest... I don't care. LOL
I am just so happy my MIND is in alignment with my goal. I have always said that the problem begins in our head... our thinking. Then once we start eatting it becomes a physical addiction or complusion. I have been having stinking-thinking. LOL. I am sooo happy it has finally passed. I am so happy I did not act on my thoughts. I am so happy to know if I just hang in there, it does get better.
Did I mention I was soooo happy???? .

I went swimming this afternoon. I got my hair cut. I did a little shopping. I washed a load of clothes, I drank my water. I ate the best I have in days. I gave my time to a friend, in fact two friends.
In short ... what I am taking a long time to say is... I was productive today. And it feels good.
Hope your day is going as well.
Old 12-14-2001, 05:06 PM   #20  

Default Ooopppssss

I just jumped right in and posted and did not read and see that we have a newcomer. WELCOME ANNIE !!!!!!! We LOVE newcomers. So glad you followed Thin here. We are a great group even though we are not always perfect.
LOL.. heck, we are never perfect. LOL That is one of my favorite slogans.. "Progress not perfection". I am glad you jumped in to help Michelle. Lurking is good... but posting is better.

Michelle.... BEND OVER GIRL !!!! I am going to kick you in the BUTT !!!
There has got to be someplace you can move that darn filing cabinet. LOL
I want you to list 5 things you did for your recovery today.
Did you drink water?
Did you park a couple spaces back so you had to walk farther ?
I already know you walked to that filing cabinet and NO, THAT DOES NOT COUNT.!!!
Did you spit out that cookie?? YES, THAT IS ALLOWED.
Okay... start listing. Give me 5. Seargent 2cute has spoken.
You are 2important2Bcheating.

Susie... DON'T you dare use those banked points the day before weigh in.
You are doing sooooo GOOD. You don't have to use ANY of those banked points. I know it is allowed... but you can do it one more day !!!!! Go for the GOLD girl... don't settle for a bronze.

Thin...A BIG BUFORD.....I have never even heard of Rally's but I guarantte I know all about those guys. The bigger the better. LOL. I am surprised it was only 18 points. Even ole Bufford can't turn my head today.
Thanks for the instructions how to underline!!!! I would have never thought of that. Duh... LOL
They are talking snow here later in the weekend. I need to get my shoppping done NOW.
One more question. Do you have to reset that 30 posts with each new thread we start?? Or have you used it long enough to know yet?? Someone said you had to reset with each new thread.

Well if no one has snuck in while I was writing this I think I am caught up.
Have a FUN FRIDAY... or even an entire WILD WEEKEND. LOL

I had to come back and delete my picture. It was of a Santa going wild.. but it was too wild for even me.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-14-2001 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-14-2001, 07:00 PM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

HELLO EVERYONE

Welcome Annie stop in often and please post.

Thin and Cute: My grandmother is 86 and still lives alone. She lives about 8 miles from me. Cute I'm just a mere 49

I cooked Hambugers for dinner. I use ground chuck and do them in my forman grill. I did french fries in the oven. that wasn't to bad.

I better go my son is sitting here waiting on the computer.
Old 12-15-2001, 10:42 AM   #22  

Default Sit-up Saturday !!!!!

Here it is sit-up Saturday. I have some sit-ups all of us can do.
Are you guys still doing that holding your stomach in exercise? That's what I thought.

Sit-up Saturday...

Sit-up and pay attention to what you are putting into your mouth. So often we eat and don't even know that we ate it.
If you eat something.... taste it, savor it, know what you are eating and how much of it.

Sit-up and pay attention to how you talk to yourself. I have said this before.... You can be your own best friend or your own worst enemy. Don't run yourself down. Don't tell yourself you are a failure. BE KIND TO YOURSELF. I am not asking you to love yourself.... but at least BE KIND.

Sit-up and pay attention to how much water you are drinking. If nothing else consider it exercise walking to the faucet... and arm curls lifting your arm to drink it. (Desperate people try desperate measures.) LOL

Sit up and count your blessings. No matter how bad it is.... there are blessings to be counted.

And to pay honor to all of our mothers and grandmothers.... "SIT-up and straighten that back."

After I posted the cat doing pull-ups I thought of one more exercise.
Pull-up a chair and post awhile.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-15-2001 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-15-2001, 12:05 PM   #23  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello ladies! I'm just here for a few minutes. My best friend's mom passed away this morning (she was like a second mother to me when I was young) so I will be having funeral stuff later this week which means I really need to accelerate my progress towards Christmas! YIKES! I was already behind!

2cute: Loved the Sit-Up list. I think I fall under the "desparate people" part and absolutely count the arm curls from drinking water as exercise! I'm showing 21 posts so far on this thread and they still are all on the same page 1, so I'm guessing once it's your personal default, it will stay that way until you change it.

Susie: Hold on to those banked points, girl. You don't want to spend them all after doing so well. You'll get those 2 pounds with all the biking and banking you've done this week. Be patient! Just don't have any salty stuff this weekend to sabotage the water retention issue. BTW, I loved it. Your post read "banked 25 pounds". I knew what you meant, but I like the idea of banking pounds better than points!

Michelle: WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???? Get rid of those macaroons! I gave you bunches of 1 point cookie recipes, make a batch and at least have those on hand as an alternative. YIKES!

Annie: Nice to see you. Thanks for stopping in and helping with ideas. Hope you'll drop by again, or better yet, join us.

Mary: Have a wonderful time visiting granny. It's nice that she's so close. I'll be 49 myself next month and my mom is 80!

Well girls, I'm off and running. Gotta put myself in high gear here for the next couple of days in order to get it all done.

"Reality is something you rise above." - Liza Minnelli
Old 12-15-2001, 07:40 PM   #24  

Unhappy I NEED YOU !!!!

Okay ladies..... it is obvious that none of you need me since it has been over 24 hours and only Thin has posted.
BUT..... I NEED YOU !!!!

I am feeling very lonely in here. I feel like I am talking to myself. I am worried that I am going to start answering myself soon.

Sooooo... if ANYONE is lurking.... please please.... talk to me...
before I start talking to myself in the mirror.
(notice how much slimmer I "think" I am in the mirror) LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-15-2001 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-15-2001, 09:32 PM   #25  

2cute2Bfat I read this thread for the first time tonight, enjoyed it, and then felt I had to at least say Hi since you are lonely here.

You are all too advanced for me, you have your own avatars' !!!!
Old 12-15-2001, 09:35 PM   #26  
You and Me in 2003

I'm here Cute

DH and I went into town today. He bought me a beautiful oriental pajama set. the bottoms are black and the top is print. It is beautiful. We ate at Shoneys I had chicken fried steak with baked potato and salad. I know I probally ate too much but it sure was good.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:43 AM   #27  

Default You made my day. :)

Ladybug....you made my day. Thanks so much for posting for me.
I feel very lucky you read our group this night.
I hope you come back on a regular bases. We LOVE newcomers.
Don't let my avatar scare you away. I am actually quite illerate when it comes to computers. I have a friend who shrunk that photo for me... I didn't do it. LOL (Laugh Out Loud)
I see you have been posting for some time now. Where do you call home here in 3FC?? What brought you to this site? There are soooo many to choose from.
Hope you come back often... how about tomorrow??

Mary.... good to see you too. Those oriental pj's are gorgeous. Is yours that satinny material too? My husband used to tease me that I wore an iron tank to bed. Two years ago I bought 2 satin gowns with spaggetti straps. I felt kind of sexy in them.
He never noticed. MEN !!!! Well I should say my man, obviously not all men are like mine.

My food was GREAT again today. I have found the more chicken and fish I eat the better my program works. Add more salads and voila.... I am doing good.

I did a lot of shopping today but not much buying. I hope I do better tomorrow... I am running out of time. I hope to post a MMmmmm good tasting snack to take to parties tomorrow. They are good!!!! And everyone will ask you... "what are these.... I don't recognize the flavor but they are sooo good!!" So you all better be here...if there is no one to read it then there is no reason to post it. I am sneaky huh. LOL
Old 12-16-2001, 11:10 AM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good morning everyone! Just dropping in for a minute. I was doing paperwork and while I wait for it all to print out I figured I would take my shot at posting. I have a steakhouse to do tonight. Think I'll have the grilled chicken. YUM!!

I do angel wings at my MIL's tomorrow all day. And Tuesday I better get my remaining 3 jobs done, because I'm sure the funeral stuff will take up the rest of the week.

I made a batch of taco soup and cabbage soup yesterday. I'm hoping that will make me sane throughout the week. I figure if I can have soup for one meal, I should be ok. The scale is hovering right where it was last Monday so I'm not sure what tomorrow's WI will be like. Maybe if I drown myself in water today I'll lose at least 1/2 pound. My goal is a loss, obviously, but at this point any loss is fine with me. It's been so long since I've had 3 losses in a row. They informed us that any meetings that are held before noon on Mondays will be held on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. WooHoo! NOT!!! I guess that should keep me honest, eh????

Hubby and son left me to my own devices last night so I put Coyote Ugly and then Dirty Dancing in the DVD player and wrapped gifts. I got through quite a bit. Hope to finish today. I'm making a list as I go so I figure out what holes I need to fill.

It's going to be a crazy week. Still need to move the baby back home on day this week. Still no word on the final funeral plans.

2cute: It's this blasted weekend thing again. Not many of us here. Oh well, tomorrow's Monday again and all will be well with the world. Send on the recipe. I'm having a neighborhood get-together on the 28th and need some help with the hor duerves and finger foods. I would like to make a good portion of them low fat/calorie. That way when there are left-overs, I won't be too off base. * The woman in the mirror was the BEST!!!

LadyBug: Glad you stopped to say 'hi'. It gets mighty lonely here on the weekends sometimes. * We love newcomers, so please drop by again. * We're not advanced, we just pretend alot!

Mary: The pajamas sound just lovely. I would love to have some nice pajamas, pant suits, etc. But I am so unproportioned. I have to buy separates because the butt just doesn't fit in the same size as the boobs do, if ya know what I mean. 2cute's picture really said it all!

Well girls, I've posted so many recipes lately, I'm not sure what to put in here. I'll have to think about it and maybe, with any luck, I'll have time to come back later and post one.

Ok, here's Thinthinker on her soapbox:
It is the week before Christmas.
You need to get here.
You need to get here often.
You owe it to yourself.
You owe it to your program.
Look at this thread as your anchor.
You do not want to drift into a crazy eating pattern.
So, be here, even if it's only to say 'hi'.

You need us, and we need you in order to stay on track during this hectic holiday season!

Love to all of you.

"I believe the second half of one's life is meant to be better than the first half. The first half is finding out how you do it. And the second half is enjoying it." - Frances Lear
Old 12-16-2001, 01:23 PM   #29  
I'm on my way!

Good morning!!

I need you I need you especially during this time!! I need you all!!

2Cute I loved the lady in the mirror!!

I went to the Christmas party last night and had quite a good time! I did eat though...but I had lasagna roll and salad. And of course all the good picky stuff too! Now I am paying for it! I have a headache to beat the band! I even took a two hour nap when Andrew went down but it is still here beating me!

Well I just wanted to welcome the newcomers and to pop in and say hi since I was lurking and 2 let 2Cute know that I want the recipe too!!

I have cookies and fudge to make then I will be back to check in again!

Have a good day all...you are all doing so good!

Michelle
Old 12-16-2001, 01:56 PM   #30  

I have to go to a Christmas concert in about 25 minutes so I thought I would that time to thank you for the welcome.

I usually post under Non-Diet Approach but need more support and more help with this weight loss crap olah.

I like the Non-Diet Approach because it helps with the "mind" part of over eating but I think I also need more structure to get myself on the weight loss trail.

My cousin is getting married in June and I would like to have lost a considerable amount of weight by then. I never set goals but think maybe it would be a help????

I am going to back and read your old threads. I may not be back for a long time since this is thread 113.

I think this is inspiration - for anything
Closed Thread