Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 08:59 AM   #16  

Happy Sunday Morning

Okay I am mad at Jen and Marlana. They foiled our evil Canadian plan and took away our machine that was sucking all of your nice warm US air. To make matters even worse, they replaced it with the snow making machine. It started snowing Friday late afternoon and didn’t stop until some time in the middle of the night. At one point it was a real storm with thunder and lightning. It is always so weird having snow and thunder together. When I woke up on Saturday we were under quite a blanket. So what does Tobey do at 7:30 AM? She laces up her shoes and goes running in the snow. I have to admit it was the most amazing experience I have ever had. It was so beautiful and peaceful. Everything was pure white and untouched. No one was around. The trees were coated with that thick white snow and were bending slightly from the weight. When I hit the park at the lake I had to stop. I wished I had my camera. The park was pure white with the white silhouettes of the trees and gazebo. Then the next layer was the pale blue lake; then a layer of pale pink sky, then a layer of pale grey clouds that got progressively darker as you looked up. I thought I had stumbled into a painting. So after that experience I have decided to forgive Marlana and Jen. In fact now I just wanted to say “Thank You.”

Jen: I had to laugh at the idea of your cat sneezing on you. I can just picture it! That is such a cat thing to do. Did you end up getting sick. I am so happy that I took it easy on Friday and woke up feeling fine. Since I have switched to a healthy life style I often find that I can beat the bug. It is amazing because before that, I was sick with colds, etc. almost all of the time. When I was a kid, I missed almost every holiday meal because I way laying down some where sick. I had childhood asthma and once had a very bad case of bronchitis. It is amazing how when you take care of yourself, you can really change your health. A big part of it also had to do with moving away from home. My mom, unfortunately, is a big time smoker and smoked all through my childhood. After a year of being away, I started to notice changes. And that was before I had changed my diet and exercise. Anyway, enough of that – I can get carried away on a subject. It sounds like Wednesday evening with mom will be great. Wish I could come along with you guys! I am lucky that I am in a position to run 5 days a week. Four of those at are the gym which is just 5 minutes from my office. I have such a flexible job that I can just take off for an hour and get in a workout. If I didn’t have that I am not sure what I would do. If you can run 3 or 4 days a week that is great. That means that you are still doing it about every other day. Have you started on that book yet?

Jojo: I hear you. With this snow, it so feels like Christmas. I have been walking around the best mood for the past few days and hurray the bug didn’t catch me! Dh has been very sweet. He says that the he realizes how hard I work and that he is trying to make an effort to make things more equal. Works for me! I still have decorations to get up. Most everything is done though. I think you should go ahead and put your regular tree. I think you will be happy once you actually do it. I love the penguin attachment – I have a thing penguins.

Skeeter: Glad to hear that things have turned around for you and that you are having a good weekend. Although I am not sure how you can turn your mood around by spending the day cleaning! I hope you don’t get sick. Everyone around me seems to be getting it and getting it bad! I am so happy (and amazed) that I was able to fight it off. I can’t believe that you tomatoes are ripening! Wowee! This summer my mom had some tomatoes that didn’t turn red so she made some Green Tomato Marmalade. Sounds weird huh? Well it is sooo good – and I don’t like marmalade. Although the colour is something to be desired. It kind of looks like relish – not the kind of thing you want to put on toast. I started using it to mix in with my oat bran in the morning and that looked really disgusted. But boy was it yummy.

Well off to get dressed. I am trying out a new pair of running pants (Santa brought them a little earlier since the temperature has dropped). Today is a goal of 8 miles. I just hope all of the sidewalks are clear.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Tobey
Old 12-16-2001, 09:22 AM   #17  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~Hey, where is everyone, only Skeeter. I know everyone is very busy. Hang in there girls this season will be over soon. I will be glad for one. I had Brett yesterday, took up most of my day. I must addmit, I could have come in and wrote, but I got stated cleaning out files and I never seen such a mess in my life. Making this stationery I sometimes file quite a few files before I get it right. From now own I'm going to delete as I go.[/b]

Skeeter~~That is one bad thing about living on a dirt road..dust! We lived on a dirt road before we moved here and dust was a big problem. I've also been sneezing, everymorning I take a spell of sneezing that last for about 15 min. I don't like snow, it's pretty, but when hubby has to drive over a 100 miles a day just to work, snow is not a favorite thing. Ok..You've talked enought about that screen saver, mail it to me and I'll try it and see if it drives my puter nuts. I find that thos screen savers that have rain or snow falling can cause problems.

Jo Jo~~Keep that snow up your way I don't want it down here. We've had snow once and that is enough. You know the statement you made about you've stopped saying thank you to your hubby for doing dishs because he never says it to you. I started spoiling my hubby from day one, and he spoiled me in a way, I never had to work, and he hands his check to me and best of all he never says a word about any thing I buy...and that's not a bad deal in my books. But I stopped the spoiling a few years ago, and our relationship had gone down hill. A few months ago I decided to start spoiling him again. You can't believe how much happier I am and our relationship and really got nice. You know what helped me realize what I really had, that big mess my Sister is in. I have a good life and now I am grateful for it. And he likes my fish too. Never said a word about all the money I've spent on them.

That didn't take long at all. I hope all of you are happy and healthy and happy. Have a very good Sunday.

Tobey~~I wrote before you come in and I didn't like my attachment so I done an edit, I wanted another attachment but the darn thing would work, so I had to delete the whole thing to get a new one. During all that you had wrote. I closed my eyes and imagined your snow, you know I bet it was pretty but better in my imagination that for real. I can just see this little tiny woman running in snow up to her ying yang. Oh my goodness as I read on in your post, it sounds like a wonderful scene, I wish you had of had a camera. If it snows like that here we are just about brought to a stand still. Our road dosn't know what a snow plow is. One year we had a big snow and a road grader come a long during the day while hubby was gone to work, and all they donw way pile ice and snow up about 30 inches hight across our drive way. Hubby and I had to shovel the crap out before he could get back into the drive way when he got home.

I hope I get this right this time. bye bye
Old 12-16-2001, 10:27 AM   #18  

Good morning. I just got up a little while ago so forgive me if I don't make sence. I'm still not quite awake yet. I'm wishing I was still back in bed under the covers cause its a little bit chilly in the house this morning.

I ended up having to go do a little more shopping yesterday. BIL got a few ideas from my MIL that she wouldn't mind for Xmas, but I got in there and got out so it wasn't bad. Plus I had to find something for bil's bd which is Tuesday. He usually isn't here for his bd since he lives in Memphis so we don't usually do anything for him except send a card. Its his 50th so I found something for him to. If I need anymore Xmas presents, I'm getting them at the drug store or the Dollar store!!!!

Skeeter, I imagine you are getting ready for your company so you are probably busy cooking and cleaning. I never volunteer to do the cooking for holidays, mostly because its just me and dh and everyone else has kids, plus we don't have a very big house and I felt that if I invited my side, I had to invite his side of the family to. I couldn't handle all that. I've never felt much like a susie homemaker. I cook because we'll not eat if we don't and can't afford to eat out every night, but its not something I really enjoy. Probably cause my mom did all the cooking for us when we were growing up. Today I plan on cleaning. DH is taking some laundry to his moms to wash cause we're still having drainage problems. This is gettin old really fast.

Tobey, Gosh, your post makes me wish our snow hadn't melted yet. It was pretty the other morning. Girl, I think you are crazy running out in it tho. If I'd try that, I'd be flat on my back in it. I'm thinking that air sucking machine must of sucked up some of these virus bugs that are going around here in the US and sent them up your way, must be why everone is getting sick. Also, I think the machine didn't suck the air high enuff cause we got snow to. Hmmmm, I wonder if the snow missed the part of ILL that Jen lives in. Oh my, I'm thinking your dh must have hit his head or something. He is sounding way to nice and even complimenting you. Maybe he has been cloned into a new model. I always look at dh strange when he does or says something sweet. Sometimes he calls me precious which makes me . No one ever called me that before. Oh, I am using the tree I wanted him to find. Its small but its pretty and the decorations are still on it from a couple years ago, I just have to straighten them out. I got that penguin attachment from the Meijer.com site, if you have a Meier store, they have the cutest Xmas commercials with the penguins. I collect penguins, have for years.

Well, I'm going to play a game for a little while then I'm going to get off my butt and do some cleaning. Take care everyone and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2001, 10:37 AM   #19  

I can't believe I didn't reply to Marlana. I thought I had.

Marlana, it sounds like spoiling your dh works better than not spoiling him. I tend to baby my dh to but not when it comes to housework. There is just one job I wish he'd rescue me from and that is the bills. It is one thing I absolutely hate to do but he is perfectly content to let me do it. Sounds like you had your hands full yesterday with Brett but I know you enjoyed the day and time with him. I occassionally go in and clean out my files to. Otherwise it gets to be to much. I've got a whole bunch of things I need to delete now but I'm just to lazy to start it. I hope you have a nice day today.
Old 12-16-2001, 12:41 PM   #20  

Good morning gals. I didn't make it in here yesterday 'cuz I couldn't download the thread. Something happens when it takes too long and my puter freezes up. I may have to change to 10 posts per page so I can just skip to the next. Hmmm. Stranger things have happened I guess. I got a new yoga video and worked on that yesterday. I have a few muscles that feel like they were pulled a little, but not to bad. It's a pretty good video, fairly basic and there are 4 yoga instructors in it each doing a different flexibility level. Turns out I'm pretty flexible and could follow the high level. Lucky for dear bf!!! I'm so bad!

Jojo- We never did get any snow. Haven't seem a flake yet. Last year at this time I think we had at least 18 inches. What a difference. I could use a little bit. I'm tired of looking at all of the brown. It's so depressing. And now the last couple of days have been dreary and rainy again. You went shopping on a weekend this close to xmas? You are a brave woman. I didn't go anywhere!

Marlana- I think I'll be glad when all the hub-bub is over too. I'm tired of fighting all of the traffic and crowds. It's nonsense. I'm ready to get back to normal.

Tobey- That scene sounds absolutely beautiful. My best place to go running is about a mile from here, along the Mississippi, there is a bike path. But the wind can be wicked off of it. I usually just stick to the neighborhood. It's 3/4 mile around the block so I can keep track of my distance and time that way. I've started the book, and skimmed through it a little. It's good so far, but I'll really get into it after finals and xmas. I have not gotten sick from the kitty germs yet! One benefit of being healthier in the boost in the immune system. I'm also looking forward to sleeping better!

Skeeter- Honestly, I can't handle all the patients when we are that short. A couple may see me only for their meds. The ones with problems actually get a little care. It's so hard sometimes. When I work, I'm usually in charge, which means I make assignments, do staffing, assign rooms and patients, etc. I usually give myself some of the easier patients just because I have to handle so much other crap. I can't do all that crap if a patient is going down the tubes so to speak. Friday was no better, same nurse called in, 4 nurses for 25 patients. I managed to find someone to come in as a 5th nurse though. I'm sorry I rambled, it's so frustrating. How is your weekend turning out? I really have a lot of deep cleaning to do around here!

Well, I suppose I should go and study a little before the football game. At least it's on TV this week so I don't have to go sit in a smoky bar for the satillite.

Jen
Old 12-17-2001, 06:31 AM   #21  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
I'm very bad and going to sneak in here on the tail end of the thread. I'm too lazy to start a new one!
I'm doing okay; still not sleeping very much at all...I'm hoping that after the holidays things will get better. I go this Tuesday or Wednesday and sign my lawyer papers, so hopefully the ex will get them soon and have some Christmas reading. I just want him to get them before the girls are supposed to start at their new school on Jan. 9th. I'm sure he will raise holy..you know...but at least he can be referred to my attorney.
Hope everybody's doing good this last week before Christmas. I think I read most of the posts I missed. I'm all thru shopping except for stocking stuff and I'll get that at the drug store..no more mall for me
I went Saturday, and the inside wasn't that bad, it was the traffic!! Horrid. It took me longer to get home than it did to shop!
Tobey, you noticed that Mama turned on that snow blower, did you? Sounds pretty, though! We've had very warm weather lately, but the weatherman said today that we may have a white Christmas. That would be nice, as long as it disappears quickly!
JoJo, isn't it nice to be done shopping!!! Your snow blower got turned on too, didn't it?
Jen, sounds like work is back to normal for you--don't you love it? Did you say you had 7 cats? We have three. One in the house and two outside--they come and go, and visit the neighbors, depending on the food of the day. I love my kitties--we have five dogs too--one Maltese inside and four outside. I'm actually a cat-person, but my hubby came with four dogs, and since I came with two girls, I figured I wouldn't complain!
Skeeter, how's your weather? No snow, I bet! Our fishies are doing good--the girls put theirs in bigger fishbowls, and now all three have bubble nests--I hope that means they are happy.
Mama, I left you a PM the other day when I came in to read. I've been in such a funk lately about the ex and my babies, I haven't posted in a long time, it seems like. I spoil my Jeffy too--his sisters and his mom said I've made him rotten. But I was the youngest, and I was spoiled horribly rotten, and I liked it! He's good, though. He gets home on Fridays early and always has the house straight and dinner cooked. And the girls think Papa hung the moon, so that's another plus.
Where is our MaryBeth? I haven't seen her here in a while.
Love you all, and I hope I didn't miss anyone.
Be back tomorrow!
Love, Sally
224/165/120ish
Old 12-17-2001, 07:38 AM   #22  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~We have had one wet week end, thank goodness it wasn't frozen or we would be up to our ying yang in snow. We needed the rain so I'm grateful for it, but also grateful it is over. Not a lot went on this week end. My fish is driving me nuts, I wish they could talk. They won't eat well in the new tank. I have to take them out into the cup they come in and let them set there for an hour in order for them to eat right. Well I don't know if it's right, but the way they was eating before. I done that last night and they both eat 8 pellets compared to 1 or 2. I've learned something with these fish...they have personalities.

Jo Jo~~Was you trying to tell me something when you ask us to forgive you because you had just got up and might not make since. I come in here early everyday almost. It makes it twice as hard to buy for someone who has a birthday at Christmas time. My daughter was born on Dec. 31. There's no chance that my hubby is going to do any house work. Girl I don't have this puter cleaned out yet. I'm not even half through. I've got to go through all those attachments and dump a bunch of them. I went a little silly when all that stuff started. You've had some pretty attachments, but girl you have copied them and I can't use them for stationery.

Jen~~I thank these darn computers are programed not to work right sometimes. None of them work perfectly all the time. Sometimes there is no answer for what they are doing.Oh my goodness, you may be flexible, but your bad.

Sally~~You've been gone for a while, we voted to let the thread run between 25 and 30 posts per thread. You can go into options and choose not to let it go to a page 2. You have to do that on every thread. It seems most of us don't like the short threads.Christmas at your house will be fun because of the kido's. I remember how much fun it was when our kids opened thier presents. It's a wonderful memery. I thank it's wonderful that your lil girls loves thier step dad. And I can tell you right now if you have a good man he's worth spoiling, because there is some real stinkers out there.
Know what I'm doing in just a few min.?? Making candy My hubby likes it and I have some to mail to others too. I'm making fudge with Pecan's and Black Walnuts, as well as some White Cho. fudge. I'm also makeing some Peanut Brittle too. Am I crazy or what??????? Have a good one girls and this will be over soon. Heck my spell check says that I spelled everything right, it's lying to me, because I know I spelled thier wrong, I asways do.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:32 AM   #23  

Good morning all.

I am in a very grouch mood this morning. Here is why – Skeeter I am sure you can appreciate this one! Quite a few weeks ago dh got a call from his friend who lives in Alberta. He said that he might become through Toronto on his way to visit his mom who now lives in southern Ontario. So he asked if it would be okay to stay for a few days with us. If came it would be at the end of this week but he wasn’t really sure what was happening. So dh said sure. We then hadn’t heard a word from him …. That is until midnight last night. I would first like to ask who the H**L calls at midnight on a Sunday? I have to get up at 5:30 AM! Okay, now it gets worse. He was calling to say that he was leaving in the morning for Toronto and would be here in the afternoon and plans on staying until Friday. Our place was a disaster! So I had to get up to start cleaning. I can tell you it is not fun scrubbing a toilet at 1:00 am! I also had to do laundry because our spare linen wasn’t clean. I don’t know what he is going to do. Dh is working on a tight deadline right now and will probably be working 11 or 12 hour days. Plus I have my root canal on Wednesday – so now after that I have to go home to a houseguest. We live in a tiny one bed room apartment and I will have no privacy to sulk! ARRRG. I don’t know what is going through this guy’s head. You really have to give someone more than 12 hours notice. He would have had to know much earlier when he was coming since he had to book his plane tickets. Okay enough ranting…think happy thoughts! Grrrrrrrr – its not working!

Marlana: Our snow is all gone. There was still a bit left yesterday but it started to rain over night (it is still raining now) and it melted everything. Which is fine by me. I had a beautiful moment and that was enough. You know part of the Canadian experience – without fail just moments after you have finished shovelling the driveway, a big plough comes by and dumps another few inches back in. I have never heard of a fish having to adapt so much to a new tank. I hope they start to enjoy their new home that you have done up for them. I can’t imagine having to take them out every time just to eat. Oh you can send some of the fudge up here – the one with the pecans and black walnuts please! YUMMMM.

Jojo: You crazy lady – going shopping on a Saturday. Although it didn’t sound like you had too bad of a time. I just have to pick up dh’s main present tonight. I had to special order it. But it is just a shop down the street from us and no where near a mall so it should be no problem at all. Running in the snow wasn’t too bad because it was heavy and not slippery. So it was just slow going. However, just day morning was a different story. I did a 9-miler and had to walk cautiously in some spots where there was ice. Fortunately most spots were dry and bare. Hmmm I never thought that I could be living with a clone. Maybe aliens sucked up the real dh and replaced it with a new model as an experiment. We don’t have any Meijier stores here. In fact I had never heard of them before. How big is your penguin collection? What is the wackiest penguin item you have? I love hearing about people’s collections.

Jen: Your yoga tapes sounds like fun. I am sure that bf will be very happy. That bike path sounds like a beautiful place to run. Is it a safe place to run alone? We have some beautiful trails here to but a lot of them run through the bush. I don’t feel very comfortable running in any secluded area by myself. I have had that book for several months and still have a few pages to go. Like you I have to alternate between texts (YAWN) and pleasure reading.

Sally: What a rough time for you. Hopefully you are still enjoying the holiday season with your family though. I’m with you – it should snow on Christmas Even and then melt and turn to spring on Boxing Day!

Well that is all. I am starting to calm down after that rant.

HAVE A HAPPY MONDAY (one more week until vacation!)

Tobey
Old 12-17-2001, 11:21 AM   #24  

Good morning gals. I had very good intentions on getting up early today. I even went to bed at 10 last night. But, didn't get up til after 9 today. Guess I'm all caught up for the week and have no excuses. I watched alot of football yesterday, my dolphins absolutely sucked. But I managed to get on the stepper for about 25 minutes during the game. Sure, it probably wasn't enough to work off the white chocolate macadamia cookies I made. What was I thinking? They are safely in the freezer now, waiting for me to bake the rest and send out on my cookie trays. I have to go to get groceries and finish all of my baking. Let's just say I'll be ready for a serious challenge the day after x-mas! Who's with me?!?! A new year, a new me! Actually, now that I think about it, I'm going to be seriously good this week, and then allow myself room on xmas without the guilt.

Tobey- You know, I may be a b*tch sometimes, but I would have told that guy no flipping way, find a motel. Not only is he inconsiderate for not giving you any warning, he calls at midnight, and plans to stay all week when he probably knows that is when you guys work. I'd have told him to take a flying leap! Man, your snow is melted already? I swear our grass got greener overnight from the rain. This is amazing. Pretty soon it's gonna need to be mowed if I don't get any snow! The bike path is actually black-top right between the river and a main street. It's out in the open. They've done all kinds of landscape around it. The only bad part is you can see some industrial areas.

Marlana- My ying would also be in alot of snow if it were cold enough. I kind-of wish is was. I'm really in no mood for xmas. I wanted to drive around and look at lights, but in the rain? Boy, you spoil your fish almost as much as I spoil the cats. Kids are kids, right? Do they like their new tank otherwise? How many "apartments" does it have? Did you design it for more?

Sally- Good to hear from you again. At least you'll have your lawyers papers done before xmas. Hopefully you'll be able to forget about it for the day. Yep, 7 cats and a collie. All in the house. Granted, I bought a 3 bedroom house for just me (now mom too) but they have their own room! You're right, where is Marybeth???

I suppose I should get going, work out a little, study a little, get ready for work. I took a vacation day tomorrow 'cuz of my final on Wednesday. I just can't wait to get it over with!

Jen
Old 12-17-2001, 11:25 AM   #25  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Happy Monday to all this week before Christmas! Yes, I am alive and actually well. I managed to drop in a couple of times last week and read some of the posts, but have really been running crazy between helping take care of Mom and the holiday stuff. We managed to get the tree up this weekend and I’ve done all the decorating I’m going to do this year around the house. As of Saturday I’ve finished shopping! I stayed away from the big mall and just went to Kohl’s and Wal-Mart, which were bad enough. I agree with Sally, it was the traffic that was the real problem, once you got into the stores there were plenty of cashiers and I really didn’t have to stand in a long line to check out. Had my last Basket show for the season yesterday, now all I have to do is close it and transmit the show before Saturday and I’ll have another items checked off the ‘To Do’ list!

Last week was very hard food wise for me. I had 2 parties and a lot of eating on the run, didn’t get any exercise in and started each day tracking but never really did a good job of it. So, even though I had a pound loss last week I’ll be happy to hold this week. Well tomorrow will tell. Almost forgot the really good news, did some shopping for myself and got a new red skirt for the holidays...SIZE 12

Mom is doing better, we still can’t leave her alone and the Social Worker hasn’t been in to do the assessment yet so it’s just us. She is to see the neurologist this coming Thursday, saw her regular Dr. last Thursday and had some of her Meds. adjusted and got an overall good report. What I’m not sure about is if the Dr. is still saying she needs someone around 24/7 or if it’s just that’s the only way to ensure that she eats correctly and takes the medicine when she should.

The positive note about all this is that I have to say that hubby is much more supportive and understanding now then he was 2 years ago when I was going through this with my Dad. Maybe it’s the fact that Mom was just here the week before she got sick or the fact that he’s now getting treatment for his depression, anyway I really don’t care why I just the fact that he is…does that make sense?

Well, need to get some work done today, will hopefully be able to drop in more often this week.
Marybeth
241/187.2/160ish
Old 12-17-2001, 12:16 PM   #26  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

We had a good visit with the company yesterday and I froze the leftover pizza. I am so tired today though and don't really want to do anything. I think I'll keep my chores at a minimum.

Tobey~I sure admire your dedication to your running. I don't seem to be getting any worse with this sinus stuff. I am also so much healthier since I quit smoking. As a smoker, a slight sinus problem would develop into a bad case of bronchitis. I haven't gone past the sneezing stage since I quit almost 2 years ago. Anyone that doesn't give a friend proper notice of a visit, deserves a dirty toilet. That sounded kind of silly from a person that cleaned for a day and a half for company. I hope you survive the visit and good luck with that root canal. Just make sure you fill your pain medication on the way home. Take it at the first twinge of pain and don't let it get out of control. Also don't make the guest too comfortable or he might stay longer. Anyone that would call friends at midnight would show up for an extended visit with almost not warning.

Jen~The cat sneezing in your face sounds about like one of my dogs throwing up on my foot. What we get used to with our pets but wouldn't stand from anyone else is amazing. It sure sounds like you are always very busy at work. Don't you have any extra help from volunteers or candy stripers(if they are still called that)? Between Marlana making fudge, me freezing leftover pizza and you baking cookies, it doesn't sound like any of our scales are going to go down any. We do need a serious challenge. The bad thing is that I am going to have more company for a longer time after Christmas. My mother is coming to stay for a while sometime after Christmas. I need to find out when so I know when to start some heavier cleaning.

Marlana~I am so glad to hear that your relationship with your hubby is better. Sometimes we have to treat them like big ole babies but they usually respond in kind. I sure wish that you could find a way to stop that reflection in your fish tank. That sounds like a real pain to have to take them out of the tank to feed them. I made a doctor's appointment today with a new doctor and she is right over by the mall. My appointment is for Wednesday and I will go by the betta shop afterwards and hopefully pick up that dried seaweed.

JoJo~The company has come and gone and we had a good visit. I ordered pizza for them and hubby and his sister went to pick it up. I don't cook well enough to do it for company but will grill a steak occasionally . Cooking for my kids is different because they are used to it but I don't cook for his family. I'm glad that visit is over an now have to find out when my mother is coming and plan for that. We will have to cook a lot while she is here. She makes the best corn bread though so we will have to plan something to go with that. Maybe I'll make the hash brown casserole and she can make the corn bread and we can cook a pot of ham and beans to go with it. Now I am making myself hungry.

Sally~I hope that you can get all the problems solved with the ex soon. I also hope that you make him sorry that he opened his big mouth and got all of this started. Our weather has been in the 80's for a while now and my a/c is still running day and night. We are supposed to get some cooler weather by the end of this week though. According to the experts, a happy fish has a bubble nest. I have one that only builds a bubble nest if there is a plant with leaves floating on top of his tank. His plant died and he quit building a nest. I am going to find something that will float for him though.

Marybeth~I am so glad that your mom is doing better. Is your mom still in the hospital? I sure it must be hard to work and stay with her a lot too. That is amazing that you have gone down to a size 12. Congratulations. And that's good news about your husband too. It seems that the counseling must have really helped a lot. I'm just glad to hear that everything is working out for you two.

Well, I have been working on this off and on all morning. It's time I got it finished and posted. Y'all have a good day.
Old 12-17-2001, 06:46 PM   #27  

Hi Ya'll

Thought I'd better get in here to post cause I have to start supper pretty soon. I've got to finish wrapping everything tonight and luckily I don't have to much to do. Just a few odds and end and some are going in bags.

Skeeter, Yum, pizza sounds so good. But I promised dh tacos tonight. Ever since he got his false teeth, he isn't real big on pizza anymore because he says the pizza falls apart on him when he tries to bite into it. I told him I still like to have it once in awhile, he can just use a fork to eat it. I'm glad your dinner went ok. What is that hash brown caserole you are talking about making while your mom is here? I make an au grauten one that is really rich and you use a bag of the ore ida hash browns. Oh, I love good corn bread. My sil makes it with corn, I think cream corn and it is yummy. Oh, all this talk about food and I'm hungry. I'm going to try and watch how much I eat this week and hopefully I won't gain much on Xmas. Its a start anyway.

Mb, congrats on getting into a size 12 skirt. Thats great. Must of made you feel pretty good. I can't remember the last size 12 I wore. Ages ago. I'm glad your mom is doing better and hopefully wont need around the clock care.

Jen, chocolate macadamia cookies, yummmmm. That sounds so good. I'm making cookies this weekend, they are chocolate cookies that you lay an Andie thin mint on top while its still hot. they are so good. Also, I'm going to ice some sugar cookies and I'm making something a little different but really good. The original recipe calls for you to put a Hershey's Hug or Kiss in the middle of a round pretzel and put them in a 200 degree oven and let them melt but not enough to cook the Hershey's and then you are supposed to lay an mint m&m on top but I've not found the mint M&M's yet. I am revising it and I've bought white chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips and I'm going to put some in the middle and let them melt down. A woman brought some to work and they were really good. The salty pretzels was really good with the white and milk chocolate.

Tobey, I am totally done Xmas shopping now. I needed to pick out a toy for my great nephew and I picked up play do and a play do factory at Walgreens. No more department stores or malls for me. People are crazy!!!! And getting out of the parking lots is terrible. That guy who invited himself to stay with you and then called the day before to tell you he'd be there the next day is a jerk. And you two are very nice about it even tho you don't want to be. I can't believe he invited himself for the rest of the week. A couple of days would of been the curteous thing to do. He must not have much to do.

Marlana, I think those fish have you wrapped around their fing...errr fins. I thought my dog was finicky about eatting but I've not heard of finicky fish before. I need to clean out a lot of the avatars I don't use anymore. No sence keeping them if I'm not going to use them. We've gotten a lot of rain here to. Its been pretty dry so I don't mind it at all.

Sally, So you were crazy and went shopping last weekend to, huh? Guess I'm not the only one. Thank goodness for Walgreens and CVS, huh?

Well, I'm getting off here quick cause I'm so scared I'm going to get knocked off. I've typed super fast to get this posted so I wouldn't be surprised if there werent alot of typos. Take care everyone.
Closed Thread