Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2007, 11:29 PM   #16  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I dunno. With my family...well, you'd have to meet them to understand where I'm coming from. In their own way, they love me...somewhere deep down. But they've never known how to express love in anything less than criticism and demeaning remarks. So I could see shocking them by saying something like that. But honestly...they wouldn't actually even get it. They'd still not understand why I wanted to lose weight. They'd just be more concerned that I had, and they hadn't.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:53 AM   #17  

Height: 5 ft 5

goodness, so many good responses. I can't add anything that hasn't already been said but I relate a LOT. My friend thought I was "becoming anorexic" when I lost weight.
phatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:38 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

I'm very much with the people upthread who said to just say "No thank you!" <smile!>. If they want to know why, just say "Looks great, but I don't want any right now!" <smile!>. If they start saying things about worry about your health and "don't lose too much now!" and so on, just say "I'll be sure to ask my doctor about it and if he agrees, I'll follow his advice!". Just stick to your guns. Don't get into arguments and discussions with them about weight loss! They're not going to come around to your view point, so just skip it. Here are your weapons: "No thank you!" "Thanks, but I'm not hungry right now!" "I just ate before I came." "Couldn't eat another bite" "I just finished some!" "I'm meeting a friend for lunch in an hour" "I'll take a little with me" (then pitch it in the trash as soon as you leave).
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

You know what works for me many times? I feign some type of stomach condition. You have to be selective, and you can't use this on the same person all the time, but it goes something like this: " Ohhh, those brownies look so good! I'm dying for some, but I've had colon issues all day and I don't think my stomach could handle it." You should see how quickly people back off. They don't want to irritate your colon, you are off the hook, and no one gets hurt. Works like a charm.
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #20  
k8t
k8t

LOL... that was funny.

Thanks for all of the responses...and thanks for sharing. Nice to know I'm not the only one.
k8t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:28 PM   #21  
I'll think of something

Height: 5'1"

I can relate to this thread. I've lost 10 pounds (going from about 150 to 140)very slowly over the last two years by cutting down a bit on unhealthy snacks and all but eliminating alcohol ( It tends to make me hungry!). I want to lose at least 20 more pounds. But already DH is complaining that I'm getting too thin. It's not that he wants me to be fat, he just never saw me as fat in the first place. He was blind to the weight I'd gained over the years and still saw me as the 116 pounder I was way back when.
marlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #22  
Lost in Wonderland

S/C/G: 230.5/199.5/150

Height: 5'10"

i can understand completely

my real worry is my DH ... he likes my curves and would not want me to lose a pound, but at the same token, he wants me to be happy with me

as long as some curves stay, we should be all good
CrimsonClover is offline   Reply With Quote