Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-21-2007, 05:57 PM   #1  

Red face Can't Stop the Candy!

I can't stop eating candy!
I have been doing well on just general portion control, general dieting and I am doing the fat smash, .
But ever since I stopped detox, I feel like I can eat anything because it's more relaxed or something. I don't know why my brain is doing this.
I work next to candy (all around me and no one sees) so I eat a few pieces a day. I have cut down to 3 pieces a day, but I don't understand why I can't stop. I know I have somewhat of a sugar addiction, and I guess I don't know how to control it.
Any tricks or advice?! Help!
bsbfan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

Well it doesn't help that you work surrounded by candy! Believe me I know the feeling... last summer I worked selling snack items.... so I was sitting alone... in a wooden shack on a golf course.... all day... surrounded by doritos and m&ms and whatnot. How could I not eat them!
Try bringing other, more healthy food with you and concentrate on eating that and how you are full from the healthy stuff and there is no reason to eat the candy. That might help, it always helped me!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I work next to candy (all around me and no one sees) so I eat a few pieces a day.
Hey bsbfan, what does that mean? Are you a reception worker with candy on the desk, or...??

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:42 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
Hey bsbfan, what does that mean? Are you a reception worker with candy on the desk, or...??

Jay
Oh yes! I work front desk and it is my job to keep the candy bowl full with several bags of assorted mini chocolate bars, hard candy and so on in my desk.It's awful.
Congrats on 40 pounds!!

Backstreet Boys fan for 12 years!
bsbfan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, thanks!

Is there any way that you could move the bowl of candy off your desk? Ask your boss if you could do so--tell him or her that you don't want to be snacking on it so much. (You don't need to say anything about being on a diet--many people don't want to eat candy all day.)

It's really hard to resist, but keep trying! Find a way! Bringing your own snacks is a good idea.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:37 AM   #6  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

what about filling it with candy you don't like?
I know for me, I wouldnt be tempted by peanut m&m's, allsorts, bridge mixture, mint leaves, snickers bars, mr goodbar, dark chocolate, anything chocolate flavored like fake fruit , etc.
There must be something you don't like. Fill 'er up!!

And if you like everything, put the thing you like the least. Even hard candy I could binge on. HAve you tried milkfulls? MY mouth is watering just talking about them. I;m an avon girl and I put in a hard candy with my customer's orders. Used to buy milkfulls, NOT ANYMORE! LOL
Now I get campinos or werthers. I don't hate them, but they are very easy for me to resist. BUt the milkfuls had a vanilla fudgey centre LOL and tended to disappear fast.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:15 AM   #7  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I agree try and keep candy you don't like in it most of the time!

Also, I know when I eat higher fiber and protein and less but mostly GOOD carbs that I have an easier time avoiding sugar, and believe me I have a sweet tooth.

If your eatting more empty carbs (sugar, bread, pasta etc) then its going to be harder to ignore the candy bowl because of the blood sugar dips.

Can you keep a healthier snack with you at the desk that you can eat when the urge for the candy is driving you nuts?
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #8  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I agree - if you HAVE to have a candy bowl there for customers or whatever, then make sure it's filled with something you couldn't care less for.... or something like just plain ol' mints. I keep hard cinnamon candies on my desk. I like them, but one or two is enough. If I had Peanut M&Ms on my desk, they wouldn't be there for long!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

I might even suggest bringing some Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal with you as a sweet snack. OMG>>>>> I just got my little trial box in the mail and it was soooooooo good!!! I am defiantely buying me a big box of that stuff.

I also might agree with getting candy that you don't particularly like if you are allowed to decide what kind of candy gets put out for the customers. Depending on where you work, maybe even the little dum dum suckers. I can definately resist those when i go to the banks, unless i pick one up for my girls.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 12:04 PM   #10  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

How about hard candies instead of chocolate? That might help a little bit!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote