Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2007, 10:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

Talking I LOVE ... (weight loss related)

Okay, to be fair to the glass-half-full people, what do you love about weight loss, losing weight, eating healthy, exercise, whatnot?

Personally, even though it's been a year since I did a step aerobics class, I love the feeling I get when I get the steps right. I feel so coordinated. And that's so unusual for me.

I also love seeing my collarbones. They remind me of the fit girl who's lurking within.
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:49 PM   #2  

I LOVE... very simple:
looking thinner!!!!
agustinaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 PM   #3  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

I second the colar bone comment...

I love the way I feel after a long workout that made my shirt look like I went swimming...

I LOOOOVE how people try to keep up with me at the gym and the face they give when they see someone my size doing something they couldn't even try to do. (okay, so they could with some practice )

I love the healthy "full" feeling as opposed to the "I feel like I'm gonna barf cause I ate so much unhealthy junk" feeling full.

I love getting up in the morning and not having sore feet from having too much weight on them.

I love being a healthy example to my family members and having them ask me what I'm doing and ask me for recipes

I love cooking something really healthy and having someone say "man, this is good, this must be full of so many calories"

Hmmm...I'll think up some more..
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 PM   #4  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

The thing I love the most is feeling proud of myself.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I love my shopping cart full of brightly colored produce. I love having a lot of energy.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:01 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I love feeling strong and fit! I love not carrying around all that excess weight!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3''

I love that I don't have to think "well, I'll start tomorrow!" I love that I am doing it, instead of thinking about it all the time. I love that I could hold my 2 sons and myself on the scale at the same time and still not weigh what I did 8 months ago! The list for this one is endless!!! Jelly
jellybelly06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

I love that I can cross my legs easily now that I have lost weight. I love being able to go somewhere and not dread having to figure out what I'm going to wear. I love having all of my clothes me fit me. I love that my watch fits me and that my necklace hangs a little lower. I love seeing the muscles develop on my arms and shoulders and legs. That's it for now but I'm sure there's much, much more.
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:18 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I love being able to move ( I have a disability and at my highest I was the tin woman sans oil can)
I love the feeling of my thighs burning doing squats
I love lifting weights
Love concocting something healthy and good!
I love my collarbones!
Love shopping in the misses and petites
I love that this is something I'm doing for ME and not anyone else!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:20 AM   #10  
Slowly Shrinking

S/C/G: 271/157/145

Height: 5'9"

I love...
...that I was able to take a link out of my watch.
...that I now feel confident when I go out places.
...that I now don't feel like I have to hide when looking for clothes.
...that I don't feel like people are staring at me when I eat, thinking "If she'd stop eating so much, she wouldn't be so fat..."
...seeing people I haven't seen in years and having them barely recognize me.
...surprising friends I don't see that often by continually getting thinner.
...having people I don't know ask me how I lost all the weight and how amazing I look.
...believing my friends when they say a hot guy is checking me out, rather than telling them to go to heck.
Christine in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Even though I was the one who started the "I HATE..." thread, there are actually plenty of things I LOVE about weight loss

I LOVE the fact that I'm wearing size 8 pants today! I haven't been in the single digits for a year and a half!

I LOVE how the cattle calls I once got while running and biking (ie HEY FATTY!) have turned into cat calls *wolf whistle*

I LOVE knowing exactly what I'm eating and being more health-conscious to the point of thinking, "Wait... should I REALLY eat this? Is it REALLY worth the calories and worth writing down?"

I LOVE knowing that I'm treating my body very well.

Like jellybelly06, I LOVE the fact that I've already started losing weight, instead of telling myself, "Oh... I'll start tomorrow." I LOVE the fact that my daydreams about weight loss are now getting closer to becoming realities.

I LOVE my flat stomach. I still hate my love handles, but I'm determined to make them disappear!

I LOVE making people's jaws drop when I tell them how much exercise I do in a day... and I LOVE even more when they want to work out with me but can't keep up!

I LOVE looking in the mirror and thinking, "Hey, I'm pretty!" because my double chin is finally disappearing.

I LOVE being able to wear cuter clothes... pre weight loss, frumpy sweats and pajamas were my best friends. I got to the point of where I didn't even style my hair anymore because I thought I was too fat to care about the rest of me.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Most importantly, I love the fact that I'm getting closer and closer to feeling like myself again! The SEXY pre-fat me!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:26 AM   #13  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I LOVE exercising in the morning. It makes me feel so accomplished (It's 9 am and I've gotten something tangible done!) and fit. I have more energy during the day and I'm a nicer person because I've had the opportunity to sweat out any irritations. Also, it gives me less time to talk myself out of not going. I LOVE that I'm starting to look forward to my workouts, that I don't fear going to the gym or dread the locker rooms. I LOVE when people I know see me all sweaty and gross. I know it's weird, but I want them to know how hard I have to work.

I LOVE when I find a healthy alternative to an old favorite. I LOVE making healthy food that satisfies my hunger. I LOVE serving healthy, filling food to my family members and seeing their surprise when I tell them how healthy it is. I LOVE not feeling so dependent on food for comfort and I LOVE being able (honestly!) to say, "No, thank you, I'm not hungry."

I LOVE shrinking. Trying on pants that I haven't worn in years and finding they fit; my surprise when I find that things are too big. I LOVE measuring myself and needing less of the tape measure. I LOVE seeing my face change.

I LOVE feeling lighter. Emotionally, physically, spiritually... Everything just feels better (probably all those endorphins that the exercise is giving me )
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #14  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

I love being able to run up the steps
i love being able to turn over in bed and not get out of breath
I love not having yeast in my creases
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/192/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
I love not having yeast in my creases
I still remember my husband's (then boyfriend's) face when I told him that that icky rash was a yeast infection. Yeah, not going back to that again!

Here's a guilty one of mine...I love the smug sense of satisfaction I get when I go out to a bring-your-own picnic lunch with my friends and I sit there eating my salad or my nice healthy turkey wrap and they're eating the worst things from the fast foods menus. I've tried talking to them about eating healthy (and some of them really really need it) but they've chosen their ways. So I guess it's not so bad for me to feel good about choosing my way.

Does that make me a bad person?....no, wait, don't answer that
harrypotterybarn is offline   Reply With Quote