Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Angry I HATE... (weight loss related)

I HATE running! I HATE the way my entire body thuds to the ground with each step I take. Any grace or composure I may have had completely disappears and I hit the pavement like a 2,000 pound wrecking ball. Bang. Bang. Thud. Thud. Plop. I also hate the way my love handles and thighs jiggle when I run. I feel so disgusting and unsexy and hope no one can see me. In fact, I run in the woods because I'm too self conscious to let anyone else see.

I ALSO hate complete restriction, i.e. "I can't have..." statements. I know it makes things easier for some people, but when I tell myself that I "can't have" something, it makes me want it 3274097349 times more just because it's forbidden. I've developed enough self control to eat things I like without shoveling them down my mouth in large quantities, and if I didn't have that, I'd either be permanently fat or permanently cranky.

What weight-loss related thing(s) do YOU HATE and WHY?
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #2  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I hear you on the running thing. I can't even do it without running out of breath after a minute. Let's see, what do I hate?

- not seeing results right away. I'm an instant gratification girl.
- going out to eat and trying to find something semi-healthy on the menu which usually doesn't happen.
- calorie counting, which really helps me but is a pain to track.
- exercise. period. The only exercise I get is walking .5 miles to school and back 4 days a week.

How about what do I like about it. I like feeling like I am in control of my body, not feeling physically ill from being overstuffed with pasta etc., seeing the scale go down albeit slowly.
trooworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

I hate running too! In a last ditch attempt to make myself enjoy it, I joined the spring track team one year in HS. UM BIG MISTAKE. I was the worst on the team, routinely humiliated, and I felt awful. However, I did lose a lot of weight not on purpose then, and immediately after was the lowest weight I can remember being, so I guess its a good thing. Even now, when I am in shape, when I run... my arms feel heavy, I feel sick and just BAD! I will never be able to run for weight loss... I will stick to walking & my elliptical, thanks very much
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/156/130

Height: 5' 2"

Oh god, I tried to run the other day. I was so out of breath and disgusting. Not only that but my whole body hurt for 3 days after that. ugh.
krissyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Nightengale, are you PMSing? Even though I haven't been here long I always like what you say - your image of you running has got me laughing so hard I have tears on my face. Look at it this way, when you try anything like running at my age, all your guts come crashing down like a wrecking ball on your bladder and you pee on yourself. How sexy is that?

I think what I hate the most is having to give up instant gratification I want what I want when I want it. I am like a little kid rebelling against its parents or teachers.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #6  

Oh, I LOVE the elliptical... you burn a lot of calories quickly without the jiggly feelings.

cagesorwings: I would have never joined the track team for that fear of BEING the worst (and the fattest - those girls are skinny!) However, I DID join the cheerleading squad in 10th grade. I was small enough at 5'6" and 120 pounds, but I was still always on the bottom because there were some really starved es there! And hey - you might have gotten laughed at while on the track team, but at least you shrunk a whole bunch. What you look like matters more than how fast you can run around the track, no?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailr42 View Post
Nightengale, are you PMSing? .
LOL, I've been on nonstop PMS for the last two years of my life
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #8  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I hate that I HAVE TO "diet" in the first place! - I was such a skinny teenager. AND I ATE! - I grew up on fried chicken, fried squash, fried okra (if it fit in a pan, it could be fried!) and I had candy & drank sodas, etc. But I guess I was just sooooo active, that I burned it all off.

And in my 20's, I could simply cut back on food for a few days & drop 5 pounds in a snap!

Ahhhh... yes... I long for those days... but they'll never come around again, so I reckon I better get used to it! Grumble, grumble...
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:02 PM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

i hate... that i have to exercise. that being said i would never run. I have to find stuff i love to do.

I hate that i have to actually think about and spend time cooking and washing and cutting and preparing... i much prefer grab and go from a fast food place... of course none of that stuff even tastes good anymore... i actually prefer my own food now

and i hate that it is taking me forever to lose this weight. i've only lost 50 pounds in a year....
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #10  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

ONLY 50 pounds in a year????? ONLY?????? That's darn good, IMHO!!! That's about a pound a week! - VERY HEALTHY! - you're doing it right!!!! Yay, you!!!!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
ONLY 50 pounds in a year????? ONLY?????? That's darn good, IMHO!!! That's about a pound a week! - VERY HEALTHY! - you're doing it right!!!! Yay, you!!!!!
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW.. its' about .94 pounds per week... i chart
daily
monthly
weekly
and i see how slow it is but it's moving in the right direction... i just wanna be at goal YESTERDAY!
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 PM   #12  
I DO have a BellyButton!

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9''

The ONLY thing I hate...and I'm being honest is...

How long it takes! I know...it didn't get put on overnight and it's not gonna come off overnight, but....sometimes you just wish, ya know?

Like if I woke up tomorrow and looked like Tyra Banks I'd be thrilled! lol I love her....I love her new look...so hot!
BabyBrownEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I hate running as well. And similarly, I joined the Poms squad in middle school, and stayed with it for 3 years, but then I hit high school and we had to audition. lets just say, I didnt make it for each of my 3 years at high school gutted.

I have found a fun way of exercising at home. DDR, dance dance revolution, I can be silly and goofy and nobody is watching me! ^-^ Great way to work up a sweat!
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #14  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugnessa View Post
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW.. its' about .94 pounds per week... i chart
daily
monthly
weekly
and i see how slow it is but it's moving in the right direction... i just wanna be at goal YESTERDAY!

I HATE that I'm the same way. I was losing about 1/2 lb/wk when I added WATP. I then started losing about 1 lb/wk. I had to go back to FLA to spend my mom's final days with her. I was there almost a month and didn't lose anything. At least I didn't gain. I stayed the same. I feel I've lost a month of weight loss.

I don't get running. If nothing is chasing you, why are you running?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:38 PM   #15  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I hate stalling out on weight loss and having to stick it out until the magical day when the scale moves once again. But it seems to be how my body works.

I would love to run again! But it doesn't make sense for me to run until I get a bit lower. I find I get achy knees if I overdo it.

I don't say "I can't have that." I say "I choose not to have that right now." For me that little mental trick leaves the door open enough for me that I don't feel whiny about it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote