Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2007, 03:45 AM   #16  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I could never survive on just three meals a day. I eat three meals and three to four snacks per day. At least one of my snacks is large enough that it could be considered a small meal. I generally eat every two to three hours. If I wait longer than three hours between eating, I'm starving.

Also, I don't think it matters when you eat. I often have a snack within an hour of going to bed and it doesn't seem to impact my ability to lose weight. I've read that there is no scientific basis to the claim that you shouldn't eat after 8 PM (or whenever). It's all calories in, calories out. The reason people are advised not to eat after a certain time is that people have a tendency to overindulge in the evenings. But if you are eating food that you planned to eat and that fits in your diet, it is fine.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:29 AM   #17  

Quote:
If you're perpetually hungry, it's not going to work.
I think it's worthwhile to learn, really learn, that's okay to become hungry and that one doesn't need to eat everything in sight to then become un-hungry.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:35 AM   #18  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

I have three meals a day... and thats all. Occaisionally I'll have an apple but thats rare. I eat when I'm hungry but sip water all through the day, and if my tummy tells me i'm hungry I drink water and wait 20 minutes to see whether it's really hunger or not. If I don't sip water all day I'll end up eating all day because when you're thirsty sometimes your tummy tells you you're hungry instead. Once I've had a few sips I know I'm not hungry. But Anyways, its up to you, you'll need to do trials and tests to see what works for you!!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:41 AM   #19  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
I think it's worthwhile to learn, really learn, that's okay to become hungry and that one doesn't need to eat everything in sight to then become un-hungry.
Well for me, I really don't like to be hungry. So I do my best to avoid it. But, and this is a biggie for me, it takes very, very surprisingly little these days to satisfy me and make me UNhungry. I wouldn't say FULL, but definitely NOT hungry. So I find myself having quite a few "nibbles" during the day. It can be 3 or 4 baby carrots, a small amount of berries, a tiny handful of dry cereal, 3 or 4 pistachio nuts or whatever.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:25 AM   #20  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I agree that it's OK to be hungry sometimes--in fact, I have felt hungry now and then during a typical day ever since I got serious with weight loss. In the past I used to snack all the time--not just "a" handful of pistachios, "several" handfuls. It was out of control.

I've discovered that a person doesn't die from feeling a bit hungry and putting off that urge to snack!

And, I now feel hungry much less often than I used to. I think partly that's because I weigh less, but also I think my body has become more accustomed to eating on a loose schedule (and my food is spaced out during the day).

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:29 AM   #21  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

i eat at 8am, 12pm, and 4pm. Every 4 hours.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote