Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-28-2007, 08:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/201/165

Height: 5' 9"

Unhappy Up 4 pounds in 2 days...???

OK Gang - I am completely frustrated. Went to WW on Saturday...and finally weighed in in a new "century" (below the big 200). I was SOOOOOOOO excited and felt motivated to continue my good work. I stayed on-program all weekend...following my points and exercising...all this effort got me a 2-pound gain on Sunday morning and another 2-pound gain this morning (Happy Memorial Day!!!).

Somebody please talk me through this one...???...

I'm feeling VERY discouraged right now...I really don't want to go back to WW on Saturday back over the 200 wall...
kristine165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:11 PM   #2  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Kristine, sending you lots of hugs. Yes, it's very frustrating. Weight fluctuates, maybe that's it? You don't have an official weigh in until next Saturday, right? My only suggestion is to just do as you are... stay on points, journal, and see what happens. If it keeps going up, then talk to your leader and show her the journal. But I bet it won't.
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #3  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Maybe you're retaining water!? I hate that... It seems according to the scale that I've put on a pound or two... and then the next few days its gone. Also are you drinking enough water? Its the best cure for water retension. It will probably go down in the next few days, also if you're exercising you could be slowly building muscle... which weighs more than fat. Do you measure yourself? I always find that I lose half an inch or two before it even shows up on the scale.

Be patient and keep persevering I know how slow...tedious... and horrible it can be some times!! I've been stuck between 194/195 for the past two weeks and today woke up and was on 193... and that was after having a bad weekend!!! Which means... my body needed a change from living on 1200 calories (average) to a whopping 1700. Today I'm back on point and feeling great. Sometimes you just need to shock your body because it gets lazy and used to the weight we're at!

GOOOOD LUCK and keep going girl you are doing GREAT!!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #4  

I find that I weigh differently on different days of the week. A Sunday weigh-in is usually lower for me than a Friday weigh-in. I don't know why. This might be what's happening with you. Also, have you tested your scale to be sure that it's on target with the WW's scale?

Here's my suggestion: Why not try zigzagging your calories (i.e., eating the same number of total calories per week, but alternating them each day--e.g., 1000 one day, 1400 the next, etc.)? It seems at times that our bodies get used to a certain number of daily calories. Zigzagging your calories could help to "fool" your body. It's worth a shot.

Don't fret too much about this, though. There's no way that you've eaten 14,000 extra calories in the past two days, so there's no way you could actually have gained 4 lbs. of fat, regardless of what the scale says.
lynnm39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

My body does that constantly and it can be quite frustrating.

My weight pattern this week alone has been something like this

Friday: 63.1 kgs (went out causing ensuing dehydration)
Saturday: 62.6 kgs (Yep...we're dehydrated...)
Sunday: 65 kgs (Body compensates for abusing it with alcohol by retaining)
Monday: 64.6 kgs (Hard nasty game of soccer sunday causes muscles to hold water + late dinner on Sunday night with bf including "man size" steak sandwich...he made it with such love lol)
Tuesday: 64.1 kgs (High salt dinner the night before...more water held)

When I think about it there is generally a reason why I've either gained a huge amount over-night and equally why some days are so low...quite common after a night out for me. I'm anticipating tomorrow will be back in the 63 kilo rangeas eating has been normal as has exercise and dinner tonight shouldn't be salty or late

Don't be discouraged...losing weight is a slow and steady process when it's to be the most successful and looking at your weightloss pattern over the long term is far better than fretting every day over flucuations

Liv
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

here's my suggestion....BACK AWAY FROM THE SCALE. There is always going to be daily fluctuation. My suggestion is weigh once a week...same scale same clothes etc...and then if you have gained weight you will know it. But don't freak out. If you have been staying OP you should be fine. Relax some. Constantly weighing yourself will cause you to freak out (like you are doing now). So stop torturing yourself..its hard enough to stay focused...little things like this will cause you to flip out. Relax. I say, continue as you were doing with your eating...and wait til next wi. If at next WI you have gained weight...then talk to your leader. But just relax. Stop stressing and hang in there. If you follow the corse it will work. Make sure on that note you are logging everything and eating all you are suppose to..and getting all your water in. Good luck and hang in there
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

kristine165, what a drag, eh? I hate it when the scale does that. Sometimes it means something, sometimes not. You didn't mention if you did any exercise or different type of activity over the weekend--that can sometimes make a difference.

I agree with Treighsie--just stay on plan until next Saturday, and step away from the scale!

I do not believe in "shocking" my body or "zigzagging," because in my case all that does is screw up my weight loss. Just my experience.

Good luck! Hang in there!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 AM   #8  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I know it's always shocking to see such a gain on the scales, but the good news is that it's very likely not fat, and more water retention. Maybe you didn't drink enough, had bites of saltier foods than usual, etc. Technically speaking, you'd have had to eat 4 x 3.500 extra cals to gain 4 lbs of real fat, so seriously, I very much doubt it's the case (especially in two days).

The others are right, just stay on plan the rest of the week, make sure you drink well and exercise, that kind of things, and the next official weight loss will probably bring good news.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote