3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

300+ And ready to try again...#109

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 07:25 PM   #16
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

Well, we are into the final countdown before the wedding - we're talking DAYS now!!! 12 days to go!!!!!
We had our Hen's and Buck's night on Saturday night. We decided to combine, because Marc doesn't know many people here, so thought it would be fun to do together. We met up with all our friends at a comedy club, and then the boys went one way and we went the other. I got taken to a strip club, but found the whole thing a little tacky. I just can't ooogle men and treat them like a piece of meat. I'd rather sit down and get to know them! However, my sister did enough yelling and groping to cover both of us!!! We had a great night, and it sure reminded me of why I don't go out nightclubbing anymore! I was soooo happy to see Marc later and just go home!
So this week is my final week at work and then 7 WEEKS OFF!! Yeeee harrrr!!! I took one week off before the wedding, and then another when we get back, because Josh starts school next year and I didn't want to have to put him in Child Care for just that week.

Well, I probably won't get to catch up again before I leave, so I wanted to wish you all a merry christmas and happy new year. I see some new members have joined in, and I'm sorry I can't stop to chat more. But I miss you all heaps, and really look forward to catching up when we get back. I'll get the photos asap, so I can post them.

Take care everyone, and see you next year!
Lynne

“Don’t let what you want at the MOMENT… get in the way of what you want MOST!" :

New start date: 26th February 2005

Old 12-02-2001, 07:27 PM   #17
Beauty is within...

Glad to see some things don't change - been away for how long, and I STILL manage to get my post onto the second page!!!! Arrrggghhhh!!!

“Don’t let what you want at the MOMENT… get in the way of what you want MOST!" :

New start date: 26th February 2005

Old 12-02-2001, 07:38 PM   #18
Michigan Old-Timer

Good Evening, everyone! I just thought I would stop in for a second and see what you all were up to. I have been good today so I'm guessing the scale will be kind. *fingers still crossed, but getting crampy! *

I found some Chicken Florentine Ravioli at Costco awhile back and had that tonight for dinner. I was not in the mood to cook, so putting on some boiling water and throwing something in it sounded good. It was very tasty. It was 4 WW points for 5 raviollis. Since I was making a meal of them, I served us each 15, which was really about 3 too many. I didn't use any sauce, just sprinkled them with parmesean cheese and parsley. I served it with a big salad. Very nice.

Well ladies, it's looking like Christmas at my house. My traditional tree has been up now for a week in my family room. I finished my Star Trek tree in the kitchen this morning and I finished my Santa tree in the dining room this evening. I have the rest of my Santa collection to arrange in the dining room, but that won't take long.

I have to figure out what I'm going to do in our bedroom. I haven't done anything 'Christmasy' in there for a long while, but I really enjoy the way it looks now that we redid it and there's nothing better than cuddling in bed with just the lights of a Christmas tree glowing. (I only know because DH and I went to a Bed and Breakfast at Christmas time last year and it was delightfully decorated and very romantic.)

Lynne: Glad you stopped in here to say hi. I was all prepared to do it for you. Have a wonderful trip. Hope your special day goes just as planned.

Mary: I'm looking forward to hearing how that pecan pie turns out. It is my DH's favorite pie and the calories are just incredible! * Hope you found a dress. I hate shopping for myself.

Tazmani: We do do alot of talking about personal stuff here. I hope it doesn't put you off. We are also very serious about losing weight though, I'm glad you see the balance. I'm in Sterling Heights. I think Susie is on the west side somewhere, not sure where.

Well girls, I'm outta here and I promise I won't be back taking up space again this evening. You all have a good one.

Last edited by thinthinker : 12-02-2001 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-02-2001, 08:01 PM   #19
Give Peace A Chance !

Thinthinker, I don't think it will bother me here. You guys seem to put the weight loss issue up front and I like that so as I said before I'll be around a while if that is okay. You aren't far at all from me. sterling Heights is still in the Detriot metro area. As you know when you live here is isn't that big at all.

Well I'm going for the night. hope to meet more of this group as time goes on.

Thanks for the warm welcome

325 /205 /190
ATKINS SINCE 06/20/01

Old 12-02-2001, 10:27 PM   #20
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

More new faces! I can hardly wait to get to know you

I am beginning to feel better! Thank you for the kind words as well as the gentle nudgings to get back on track.

My eating has been so far away from my normal. Since Thanksgiving, I've actually been craving things with butter! I haven't cooked with butter or margarine in so many years, I can hardly remember how. This is not a bad thing. I went back to an experiment I ran on myself years ago. Most butters and margarines are so heavily salted, I found out that is really what I liked about them -- the salt! So, to find out if I'm really craving butter or not, I decided to add a bit of salt to my food. Guess what. I wanted the salt more than the fat. Ok, now I have a clue where to go with this. When I'm craving salt, I'm normally a bit dehydrated. Duh! I've been drinking a quarter or less of my normal intake because it was so hard to hobble back and forth to the bathroom. Well, I can walk again, and that water intake is being increased dramatically! I miss my water!!! Don't you love the processes we go through as we relearn what our bodies want/need?

Thin, I've seen a couple of recipes similar to your Egg and Cheese Pizza. One used frozen hash browns instead of a pizza crust, but I don't think those are very calorie conscious. I was thinking you could use the Pillsbury French loaf instead of their pizza crust? French bread is usually much lower in fat and thus calories. I've used it many times in recipes instead of the crescent rolls or pizza dough. Also, I'm really proud of you for journalling everything, good or bad. It is funny how self-conscious I can be about journalling my foods when no one else looks at that log but me!

Tazmani, sounds like you will be a perfect addition to our group! Nice amount of weight lost already. Keep it up and share your successes with us!

Grannie, have fun shopping for that new dress, even if it is to be used for funerals as well. I can hardly wait to drop enough weight to really enjoy clothes shopping.

2cute, if I had been making good food choices the last 5 weeks, my weight gain would definitely have been less. Those mistakes are in the past, thank you for reminding me.

I almost forgot to share my recipe! This site didn't offer nutritional info, but it couldn't be all that bad. Will be cool to get my dietpower program back up and running so I don't have to guess!

Applesauce Cinnamon Gelatin Salad

This sweet gelatin salad can be a snack or a tasty dinner addition.
This recipe is milk-free, wheat-free, egg-free, and nut-free.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup cinnamon red hot candies

1 1/2 cups water

3 oz. package lemon flavored gelatin mix

1 1/2 cups applesauce

Directions:
Boil the water in a large bowl. Dissolve candies in boiling water. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Stir in applesauce and a few ice cubes and chill for 3 hours, or until set. Serve cold with whipped cream.

Ok, as per my usual, this note has taken ages to finish! Hope you are all having a wonderful evening. I'll see you tomorrow

Andria
Old 12-03-2001, 08:00 AM   #21
Falling, but fighting...

Good morning everyone,

Not good at weigh-in on Saturday--up 1#. I was hoping for a loss, but realistically knew I was going to gain, because of the first 4 days of the week overeating.

I did exercise on my bike this weekend, but the food still wasn't good. I really need to learn how to handle the weekends.

I am starting to journal again today. I think I really need to stay focused with that, because I am obviously going over my points. I am going to shoot everyday for a point or 2 below my maximum of points and I am going to do 20 to 40 minutes on my bike. I am also going to drink a lot more water (although I already drink what is required). I am not giving up....

Taz: Welcome. I live in Detroit too (eastside--7mile & I-94 area). Where abouts are you? I have been doing Weight Watchers forever. My high weight was 347 and I am now 290 1/2. I have been struggling lately, but I am trying to get back on track.

Andria: Glad to have you back.

TT: You sound like you are definitely in the Christmas spirit. Good luck on w-i.

Lynne: Getting down to the wire now. Congrats.

Well, hope I didn't miss anybody. I start work in 2 minutes and have a couple things to do, so I got to run. Will try to stop in at lunch.

Have a OP day.

Susie
Old 12-03-2001, 08:24 AM   #22
Dancing those pounds away

Default Good Monday Morning

Well they have this up and running again this morning.
They said they were shutting down last night at midnight to upgrade. I wrote this long post starting about 10:45 and posting about 11:15 last night. BUT it was 12:15 at 3FC so no go.

I am going to post my Sunday recipe here and then start a new thread before I head out of town to see my parents.
What a pleasant surprise to find sooooo many new posts.
I just love that.!!! I guess if I were gone more often you guys would have a better chance of beating me in here. LOL

I hope everyone is sitting down at their computers. 2cute is going to post a REAL recipe. LOL

Fruit Jello Mold

FAMILY SIZE orange Jello
1 Cup boiling water
2 1/2 cup apricots - drained (I used 1 can and I also cut into bite size pieces)
1 1/2 cup crushed pineapple - drained (I used 1 can)

May use jello mold , oblong cake pan, or pie plate.
Dissolve jello in boiled water.
Add fruit.
Set in refrigerator until solid.
-----------------
Topping:
Whip together....
1 small box dream whip
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk

Then blend in 8oz "softened" creme cheese
-----------------
Top the jello mixture with the topping and chill till topping sets firm.

This tastes pretty darn good. I am sure you could substitute any flavor jello and fruits. Just use same topping.
Of course you can substiture SF and FF or low fat.

Okay.... you can roll your tongues back up...
Whether it is hanging out because I posted a REAL recipe and you are shocked...
....or because it sounds soooo good. LOL
Old 12-03-2001, 08:27 AM   #23
Dancing those pounds away

Default Starting New Thread

This is getting long again.

Do not post in here

Instead go to 300+ and Ready To Try Again...# 110
See you all there.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.