Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-13-2007, 07:27 PM   #1  

Height: 5.5

Default What if i can`t do it

The past few weeks i have been unable to follow my diet for all ther anxiety and anguish issues who have been eating me alive along with my depression, Depression has been a part of my life as long as i can remember (even as a small child) (i know that this should be in de depression thread but since i post mostly here) Depression and anxiety don`t let me live, don`t let me eat in the right way, keep me away of everything that belonged to a child, then a teenager and a now a young adult, they have stoled my life, and now, seated here i ask to myself. What if i simply can`t do it, i`m not abble to to be thin, i`m not abble to be happy is just how nature works, they choose the best candidates to survive and i`m the trash they left behind. Sorry for bringing all this to you but right now i`m on a terrible state, i don`t know what else to do, the only thing i know is that i need to eat carbs, i need them so bad so i`m eating cracker after cracker.
Medication does not seems to work, please someone guied my into right direction because if i continue living like this the only place i`m going is 6 feets underground

Sorry to bother you all but i needed to get this out of my chest, i can`t cry no more

Sorry again

Isa
punchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Right there with you babe. I have been on a 2 month binge. Just insane. My ticker is WAY off because at this point, i am scared to even weigh. But all that changes tomorrow. I have dusted off my pilates dvds, bought oatmeal and what not for breakfast, all the sweets are out of the house. Mind set is VERY important. I am hoping if i break the cycle of the depression binge, if i can just feel better for a day, i will change my addiction from depression/binge to actually liking not being worn out from too many sweets in my system.

My depression is like a funnel and i am at the bottom of my funnel. I eat/cheat, then i feel bad, so i eat and cheat even worse, then i am really depressed and just forget it....if it is sweet, i eat it. So NO MORE. time to take control again. At this point, i have forgotten what hungry even feels like, i eat so frequently, that i am not even hungry when i eat anymore. Sickening.

You can do it too though. Start anew. Dont let the depression win, take charge of your health.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

What terrible states to be in! Have you both checked in over on the Dieting and Depression threads, and the Chicks in Control threads? You aren't alone in feeling this way--others have been in this place and have come out successfully.

punchi, if you were really not meant to live and be happy, you wouldn't be here NOW! But you ARE here, which means that you deserve to live and to know joy. There are many things worth feeling joy for, and you do NOT have to be thin, or any different from how you are now, in order to feel joy.

You can feel joy just by being alive, by being able to eat that cracker, by being able to choose to put the crackers down, by seeing the sun set and the stars come out at night... it's all good, punchi, now dry your tears. Do you have any friends or family who are helpful to you? Do you have a counselor or a minister or rabbi to talk to?

Get n healthy, you know! It sounds like you are pulling yourself out--that's good! Keep climbing, you know you can.

Keep posting! Folks here will do what we can to encourage you--don't give up--stay with us!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Size 26W/Size 24W/Size 8

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi Punchi -
I'm with you... sometimes reaching goal is so far off and so much work it seems like I'll never get there. I've dealt with depression since I was small as well. What I try to focus on is, what can I do right now that will make me feel healthier/better about myself - put on uplifting music, wear makeup, go for a walk? Sometimes even the little things can help you to feel like you're on your way.
rubberlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #5  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way, I have felt this way many times myself. But I know you can do it. Maybe you are trying to take on to much at one time Making a lifestyle change can seem overwhelming all at once. Its better to take small manageable steps. I hope you can find the help you need to deal with the depression. You are not trash and everyday is a new day. Don't give up. you deserve to be happy
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:42 PM   #6  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Oh Isa,

I know how you feel. It must feel pretty cr*ppy right now but just hang in there. I suggest that you find someone to talk to. If you have tried medications in the past you might want to find a new doctor and try some other brands. I had to experiment with many meds before I found the combination that works for me and it certainly helps loads.

You are not trash. You can get through this. You can lose weight.

I promise you. Hope is not lost!

This is my story about battling anxiety, depression and eating disorder and still being able to get healthier. In both mind and body.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111619

You are not alone.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 259/140/140

Height: 5'6"

First all a big hug to you guys. I have been where you are. I can tell you that losing weight is not going to make the depression go away. You have to live for the moment and the future. You need to treat yourself better and get healthier for the future, but you need to treat the depression now.
I use to think I was depressed becuase I was overweight. Now after losing the weight I have realized I was overweight because I was depressed.
Terrie
gettingsmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:17 PM   #8  

Hi, thanks for all your advice. Today i went to my sesion with the phisicologist (SP) and we talk about it and she told me that my negativity it was like a self injury to me, just like the girls who cut themselves, i cut myself with negativity adn negative acts like binge and that kind of stuffs. She send me to the Phisiquiatrist (SP) and she told me i was oficially depressed, now she up all my medicines and she will check with my tomorrow in her oficce.
My parents and sibilings have been really helpfull to lisening and give me a really needed hug.
On the other hand i barely have friends and the ones i have are so much into work that do not care about others, they are selfish, i`m supossed to meet them in a charity classical music recital tomorrow but i don`t wanna go, my mom said that she will go with me
So i don`t know what will happend from now, the diet will have to wait i think. I hope i don`t gain too much weight

Thanks you again everyone for lisening to me and specially to the ones to write me, is good to find great persons who care at the other side of the world

Isa
Old 05-14-2007, 05:45 PM   #9  
Liz

S/C/G: 307/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I know you are going to think I'm crazy... But excercise really helps me with my depression. I have also battled depression my entire life. I've even lost a job I had for 6 years due to depression, but ever since I started excercising on a daily basis, it's much better. It was hard for me to get motivated to do it, but I did and now I love it and I feel much better. I don't do a whole lot. I walk on my treadmill at a quick pace for between 20-30 minutes 5 days a week. I'm telling you. It gives me a boost, plus it makes me feel like I've accomplished something everyday, even when there's dishes in the sink, laundry piled a mile high, kid screaming, etc...
Holdensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I have had a hard time with medications prescribed for depression as well. I have awful side effects on all of them (yes, all.)

I was told (by a friend) about fish oil (Omega-3's) being beneficial for depression and my doctor backed it up 100% (he even gave me a pamphlet about this.) It took awhile, but I feel so much better! I would ask your doctor about supplementing your medication with a fish oil supplement. It doesn't react with the medication like herbs can, but talk to your doc about it first just to be safe.

Just remember that you are a wonderful person regardless of your weight! I know how hard it can be to pull yourself out of a negative state of mind, but you can do it!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #11  

Thanks Liz and Zenor77 i will try the exercice and i will ask tomorrow to my doctor about the oil, who knows, maybe it will also work with me
Take care

Isa
Old 05-15-2007, 07:38 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

I have anxiety and depression issues as well (anxiety attacks and OCD) and I SWEAR by regular exercise.

Given your current situation-I am actually going to recommend that you don't worry about your diet at the moment. Don't worry about the binging, etc. at this point in time. (Not what you thought you would hear, huh? )

I would recommend that the first thing that you do, is to concentrate on incorporating exercise into your daily life. If you don't do anything at all right now-start by taking a 15 minute walk every day-early in the day if at all possible. The second thing that I would recommend is maybe on the weekends doing a beginner level yoga dvd. (If you have never done yoga-feel free to pm me, and I can give you a list of decent ones for absolute beginners.)

The chemical reaction that happens when one does cardio exercise (like the walking, or jogging, dancing, aerobics, etc.) is very similar to the reaction from taking antidepressants, etc. without the side effects. On the day or two each week where you may choose to do the yoga video, this is a more relaxing, stress relieving technique-because you are concentrating so hard on the movements and the form, that you basically are taking 20-30 minutes without realizing it, of blocking out all of your normal stresses, etc. I highly recommend this treatment.

After committing to the walking/cardio, and the beginning yoga regime for a few weeks, you are probably going to notice that the symptoms have alleviated somewhat. It definitely has worked wonders for me. After you have made this lifestyle change, and the symptoms have lessened because of it, then you can slowly start making dietary changes-such as cutting out soda, limiting portions, etc. at that time.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:22 AM   #13  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, how interesting that this showed up this morning.
I also suffer from depression. I know exactly what you are going through. I had the weekend from ****...and all because of my mood. I know what it's like to cry and cry and cry some more, and not be able to stop. I also know about the negativity...I am the same way. It's like I try and find something wrong in everything...
Well, today I took prozac for the first time, we'll see what happens.

I agree with the other posters about exercise, it really makes you feel so good...that "high" you get. And then you feel better after too.
*lotsa hugs*
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

First of all, don't obsess about your weight. Deal with your head! The proper medication, psycological therapy, and EXERCISE (just as Holdensmon and Aphil say) will work wonders. Once your head is together, your body will catch up!
Hang in there
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphil View Post
I have anxiety and depression issues as well (anxiety attacks and OCD) and I SWEAR by regular exercise.

Given your current situation-I am actually going to recommend that you don't worry about your diet at the moment. Don't worry about the binging, etc. at this point in time. (Not what you thought you would hear, huh? )

I would recommend that the first thing that you do, is to concentrate on incorporating exercise into your daily life. If you don't do anything at all right now-start by taking a 15 minute walk every day-early in the day if at all possible. The second thing that I would recommend is maybe on the weekends doing a beginner level yoga dvd. (If you have never done yoga-feel free to pm me, and I can give you a list of decent ones for absolute beginners.)

The chemical reaction that happens when one does cardio exercise (like the walking, or jogging, dancing, aerobics, etc.) is very similar to the reaction from taking antidepressants, etc. without the side effects. On the day or two each week where you may choose to do the yoga video, this is a more relaxing, stress relieving technique-because you are concentrating so hard on the movements and the form, that you basically are taking 20-30 minutes without realizing it, of blocking out all of your normal stresses, etc. I highly recommend this treatment.

After committing to the walking/cardio, and the beginning yoga regime for a few weeks, you are probably going to notice that the symptoms have alleviated somewhat. It definitely has worked wonders for me. After you have made this lifestyle change, and the symptoms have lessened because of it, then you can slowly start making dietary changes-such as cutting out soda, limiting portions, etc. at that time.
Thanks for your words. I do enjoy long walks. Sometimes i walk form my home to the subway, that`s easily 30 minutes so i will try to do it more often. About the yogo, i don`t know, i have never tried it before maybe it will work but none of the videos that u will recomend will be avaible in chile but i will check in my video store to check what they have

Thanks very much

Isa