Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 09:32 AM   #31  
Hot Stuff

Hey Girls...I know you're out there somewhere...

I had dinner with a very good friend in Toronto on Thursday night who really gave me a kick in the ***. He pointed out (rather bluntly) that my friend in IN that I've been so worried about obviously just doesn't want me in his life right now, or I would know where he is and what is going on. He said it isn't like this friend is playing hard to get....whatever is going on he doesn't feel he can share it with me at this time and making myself sick worrying about it is pointless. I suppose I care too much to be able to see this for myself.

So, until I do find out what's going on I have to keep living my own life. I'm getting back on track with my diet...at least it will give me something to focus on. I'm stocking up on groceries later today and I'm going to join in on the food journal again. And there's a little method to this madness.... ...hubby has given me the option of having him shop for me for Christmas or he'll give me $500 to spend on new clothes and I get to pick them out myself. Of course, I've opted for the latter! I want things I might actually wear and that will go around me. He seems to think I'm much smaller than I am... doesn't see the difference between a size 6 and a 16. *L*

Fran, loved your poem!

Amyjo, keep up the fantastic work! You're doing great!

Ruthie, sounds like you're doing well preparing mentally for your new program. Mindset is half the battle.

Flower, 2.5 hours at the DMV would make anyone splurge on fast food!

Okay, girls, I'm back....and I'm going to drive you all nuts posting because it's the only way I'm going to stay OP!
Old 12-02-2001, 10:55 AM   #32  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Okay Wildfire, you post and I will listen and comment. Deal? My father is bring over his fiance and dinner tonight. What kind of food? Who knows. Don't even care cause the next 8 hours I am cleaning cleaning cleaning. This bites. Origionally they were suppose to take me to Costco. I assume to get my own card again and buy me groceriers. Give me a full pantry and freezer over gifts any ol time! Food is expensive!!! And I was suppose to get a dinner out. But I don't have the car tonight. I spent 152 at Walmart grocery yesterday. Took 2 hours. I wish I could find time other than the weekends to shop. Then we found out the guitar we got Ri for his birthday was 11 dollars cheaper at Target than Toys R US. Chris had returning to do. We decided to get each person who comes to the party a hotwheel car instead a goodie bag full of junk and sweets. Chris's work was buy one get one for a penny plus his discount. So we got a gift for 16 for under 9$ instead of more like 20-25 for sugar and plastic. I am content. Now if anyone can tell me where to get a childrens instruction book for learning guitar, I would be so very greatful!!! And my party plans will be complete. Except for the cake. I am thinking cupcakes then I don't need to worry about silverwear, cake knife, plates, forks ect....

As for excersice. I walked several miles yesterday. The cold weather has brought on a major cold sore on my bottom lip. As if my lips weren't big enough. I normally get them when I get my first sunburn of the year. I suppose it is the weather change not the temp that sets them off. (The cold sores were a gift from my late husband-thankfully they are only the lip ones! ) I have to keep the baby from kissing me. Cameron gets them too. Thankfully everyone else has been spared!

~flower
Old 12-02-2001, 03:22 PM   #33  
Hot Stuff

I hate my scale. Of course, silly me decided to get on it mid-afternoon....should have known better. But, I wanted a starting point....181.5 wasn't the point I was hoping for, though. I don't understand it...I was 175 last weekend and I didn't eat that horribly in the last week. I did have popcorn last night, so maybe I'm retaining water...who knows?

I've kind of done a whole lot of nothing today so far. Our tree is up, but no lights or decorations yet. I've cleaned my kitchen, got showered and dressed, but haven't made it out yet. I just can't shop without a list or I buy WAY too much. So a list is next on my list, so to speak. Groceries may happen tomorrow after bowling.

Flower, I hear you on the cleaning. I spent all day yesterday cleaning and moving furniture to make a spot for our monstrosity of a Christmas tree. We seem to end up spending our weekends doing all those chores and errands too. I hate that. I'm going to try to switch grocery shopping to a weeknight when the store isn't as busy. Great idea for party favors! Cupcakes sound like a good plan, too...maybe you could write each kid's name on their cupcake? They love that sort of thing. (Yeah I know...like you need more work! )

I'm at 15.5 points so far today, so dinner should be a breeze. I'll post later on the food journal. I'm going to do this....I want my 175 back!!
Old 12-02-2001, 05:52 PM   #34  
you can call me flower

Well, I cleaned the living room from 8am to 12 pm. Then did dishes. Every dish was filthy. We don't have a dishwasher. Riley actually helped. He dried and put everything away. Miracles happen. He is usually the laziest thing this side of the Mississippi! My dad called a 1/2 hour ago and his girlfriend doesn't feel good so dinner and visiting is postphoned til tomorrow night. This is fine with me. I can work on laundry and holiday cards. If you want a holiday card pm your snail mail address to me! The boys cleaned the bathroom. Before Chris went to work he installed the new door sweep and weatherstripping on the door. No more breeze across the living room floor. Way nicer! I have candles burning and the house doesn't smell like animals!

I am at 179 myself Wildfire. I haven't tried much this week. So much going on. But I am conscience in what I put in my mouth. I do pick foods that won't give me a gain. Now I gotta pick foods that will help me lose. I was planning on eatting steak tomorrow night but I guess it will be tonight instead. The boys will love me! I needed the space in the freezer so I pulled stuff out yesterday. Now I must cook it.

I should walk but since this is the first time I have sat down in 6.5 hours, I highly doubt I will get modivated before dark falls over my neighborhood. I too made a spot for my tree. But I haven't gotton it out of the shed yet. I have killed too many vacumn cleaners on real trees. I really want a fiber optic tree. That will make me so happy not to put the lights on the tree! But I don't think it is out of my budget! I did see one at Rite Aide that was under 100$ for a 6' one. But Chris says a 4' would work. I don't think he remembers how many ornaments we have!!! But I do have a second little tree I could put the over flow on. I used to make it a star trek tree. Terry loved the star trek ornaments and I hated them on my sweet tree!!! I could actually put lights outside. I am dreaming now. Maybe my dad will go get it for me.

Off I go to do laundry! ~flower
Old 12-02-2001, 06:32 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Hey Flower ~ I bought a 6.5 ft tree, not fiber optic but with the light already on... at Wal-Mart for 68$ it is really pretty. I put it together in like 5 minutes..... Just a thought... our live/dead christmas trees run that much here and they only last a season..

I have to run.

Amy
Old 12-02-2001, 07:32 PM   #36  
Hot Stuff

Flower I have a dishwasher, but she slept at a friend's place last night so I had to do them myself.

Hubby bought us a really nice Xmas tree the first year we were together....but he brought home the biggest one in the store! It's seven feet tall (before the star goes on) and takes up about a five foot circle. In this teeny little apartment it looks enormous. A fibre optic tree would be great....as I sit here looking at 600 lights that need to go on our tree...

Well, I made it through today at 24.5pts. Feel good about it, too.

Have to chase hubby out to do laundry or he'll sit in front of the tv for another hour.
Old 12-03-2001, 09:25 AM   #37  
Must Shrink.

Good morning to everyone! Very sunny here today, mild and fresh outside. All my kids are at school today, so I am supposed to be studying. Exam on Thursday...

This weekend hubby and I made ropes of garland out of shrubs we took out of the front yard in October. It's been so mild and wet here that they are still green and pliable.

I don't want to decorate until next weekend, and we usually cut down our tree around the 16th.

I want to buy Lorenna McKennitts 'Christmas' CD this year.

I tend to hold off on the season, have to be careful or I get blue... Strange, but that's how it's been for the past few years. I'm hoping it doesn't happen this year though.

Made oatmeal cookies last night and didn't have one! One tiny taste of batter....

This year I decided not to make or send cards, I don't get many anymore, most people call or we visit over the season.

L
Old 12-03-2001, 04:55 PM   #38  
deleted2

Hi Everybody! I just want to check in---this is a busy week for me and I'm still trying to get in a workout of some kind in every day and I have 3 day's worth of food at work so I should have no excuses. We're having our Victorian Christmas Programs this week at work and it's always fun but Stressful--the good kind though! We're decorating the old house Victorian style with lots of diffferent greenery. I was thinking about you and your line of work today, Flower. I'm not a crafty person but it's amazing how creative one can get and how satisfying it can be to take a pile of greenery, holly, and nandina and make a nice 'arrangement'!

It's neat to hear about everyone's tree! I'm fixated on getting one with roots this year and planting it in memory of our 2 dogs and 1 cat that died this year. That sounds right to me this year.

Old 12-03-2001, 07:27 PM   #39  
Must Shrink.

What's Nandina? I love decorating with greenery. We have a lovely staircase in the front hall where we drape a cedar garland... smells so yummy. I'm sure the people of oldendays brought in all the green to scent their homes considering they didn't bathe.... Natural air freshener...
I am soooo tired. Hubby working late. Busy day, then donated blood, then felt wooozy, then had to walk home, cook dinner, keep peace, and now I have to stay up until 9:30 for a class chat. I just want to go to bed.

Made Shepherd's Pie for supper. Something that each child will eat. Comfort food for mom.

What are your tree traditions? We have many, many ornaments starting from our first Christmas, to the homemade ones the children bring home from school now... Lot's of white lights, and colour. I think the tree is the climax for me.

L

Last edited by Lamorgan; 12-03-2001 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-03-2001, 08:59 PM   #40  
you can call me flower

Hello. I can't seem to get in the season. Even bringing home a mixed green wreathand hanging it about the fireplace doesn't seem to help any. Maybe I will try and find the Air Supply holiday cd I have. That sould do something. I had a good chicken veggie lasgane tonight. And baby carrots. I am craving chocolate now!

Work was okay. Had to go shopping for supply. I like the warehouses are so far from school, we get out longer for errands. I am sure the people paying my pay don't like it, but I do.

nope, no excersice. Maybe I will do some weights before bed. I highly doubt it, but the thought is in my head! Dad canceled on me yet again. True-if she has the flu I would rather she wait to come over. We do not need it!!!! I have to call the courts tomorrow and get out of jury duty. 9$ a day. As compared to 9.50 an hour at work. Let's see??? I think I will go to work. They don't reemburse.

My life is boring today. I am burnt from cleaning yesterday and work today and my children are so loud!!!! ~flower
Old 12-03-2001, 09:13 PM   #41  
Must Shrink.

Mine are loud too. And my cats are driving me nuts.

L
Old 12-03-2001, 09:16 PM   #42  
Hot Stuff

Long day. Work, bowling, groceries...got a great deal on some Stouffers frozen dinners...interesting pasta dinners for $1.47 each. Have to check the points on them, but the breakdown on the box sounded reasonable.

Unfortunately, when I moved from Cape Breton to Ontario, the movers lost one box. It was the box with all my Christmas stuff in it. I had treasured ornaments and decorations that I grew up with, that were my mother's, and they're gone. We had to buy all new stuff, and it looked like we bought all new stuff. I like a mixture of ornaments....glass, shiny, handmade, crocheted....so slowly I am starting to gather new ones. I don't go for "theme" trees. I like an old-fashioned family tree.

Lamorgan, I had planned to get Loreena's Christmas CD as well. I just love her music. MMMMM...Shepherd's Pie. Love it.

Eydie, what a nice idea to plant the tree in memory of your furbabies.

Flower, good luck getting out of jury duty!

Ruthie, how's things?

Okay,going to post on the food journal. Day Two down!
Old 12-04-2001, 10:00 AM   #43  
you can call me flower

What kind of singer is Loreena? I don't like to be ignorant on music!

I got real lousy sleep last night. You can definately see the bags under my eyes. You may blame my 1 year old. I am!!! He is in this temper tantrum stage. A year too soon. He screaches like a girl too. Completely annoying.

I talked to my younger sis last night. She has the holiday spirit. No one else in the family does. My mom works high end retail. She hates the holidays as she works 6 days a week, 15 hour days on salary. This lasts from Turkey day til Xmas Eve. My dad never was a big holiday man. He loves gadgets and toys but he never needed a holiday for that. He is like I am- he couldn't wait to give you a good gift to save his life! My older sis, she is in such a depresion that she may skip the holidays.

I only have 6 days of work left til my winter break! I am so happy!!!!! ~flower
Old 12-04-2001, 10:43 AM   #44  
you can call me flower

Default New thread time

Okay girlies, see you on the dec 4th thread
Old 12-05-2001, 12:43 PM   #45  

Cool there is diversity here. I have been worried about only finding heterosexual housewives with kids (who would get squicked if I didn’t guard my use of pronouns when speaking of my partner) on websites like this. I don’t have the challenges of feeding kids and husbands that could interfere with my health. I have other issues and it nice to see I can voice them here.

I live in San Francisco so I familiar with a high standard of diversity and acceptance. Its the only way regardless of who you are.
Closed Thread