Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2001, 10:14 PM   #16  
Empress/Queen

Default Woo-Hoo, Part II

That rhymes, BTW!

Ending my eating day at 1855 calories and not hungry at all thanks to my evening snack of popcorn made in my new air popper. I used no oil and just spritzed with butter-flavored cooking spray and some salt. Ate only 55 calories worth and had a cup of sugar-free hot chocolate.

Remained active all day over and above the morning's exercise session, instead of sleeping on the couch, which is what I felt like doing.

Eydie: One hundred crunches ... that really is something to woo-hoo about. I could not possibly do that many ever, but more power to you!

Good-night to all. A mystery novel awaits.
Old 11-26-2001, 07:15 AM   #17  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs down Woo-hoo, me too!

Hi Red & Green Queenies!

I am happy to report 5 solid days down and 2 to go til weigh-in. It is going very, very well, and seems easier. I seem to have made up my mind. Plus, I haven't been as hungry the past few days, which always makes it easier. Feeling better! I had 30 points yesterday, offset by 4 exercise points. This morning started out with a brisk 3-mile walk (beautiful day, although it looked like night when we were out -- if I feel like I've got time I may take another walk later, or at least do some chi qung outside).

Crone, WTG on the 2 pounds -- that is so excellent (Dude!). Are those 2 of the final 10 you want to lose? Very impressive!

Eydie, yup, it's a new day, and a new week to boot! Let's do this thing! Sweet potato pancakes! Everything you make always sounds incredible (cranberry & white chocolate cookies, chocolate-dipped apricots....mmmm....ideas for Christmas... I made some truffles last year, which i will probably do again. I think some dipped apricots, maybe some dipped crystalized ginger would go along really well at our Christmas day feast). You must be an amazing cook!

Momto2boys, nice to see you again. That is a familiar story, the pounds creeping back on. I regained 15 of the 30 or so pounds i had lost before I admitted to myself that it wasn't just a scale blip and I had better get back on track before i ended up right back where i started. Don't feel ashamed of yourself, just be positive and proactive and go on from where you are. If we just keep going, we'll get there! As our old friend MiniMony (where is she?!) used to say, "Progress, not perfection". Try, try, try. If it's too hard, try harder. We don't have anything really established yet in terms of what sort of challenges we're setting. I'm mostly focusing on getting from one weigh-in to the next. So, after weigh-in on Weds, at the end of that day I tell myself: "That's one down, 6 to go" and every evening it gets to be one less. I find only thinking of it a day at a time really helps. And it gets exciting as I get close to another weigh-in with more days down.

Let's go out and make this a great day, Queens! Use your powers wisely!

xo
babette
231/210.2/160
Old 11-26-2001, 09:49 AM   #18  
Empress/Queen

Default 'Monday morning comin' down ...'

Apologies to whomsoever wrote that song.

My Queen's Challenge to myself is no more than 2300 calories and 30 minutes of exercise. My Super Snowman Challenge is to stay with the meal plan I've written out just to see if I can avoid stress nibbling while doing market research recruiting, which is the most humiliating and frustrating job I've ever undertaken and I may just bag the whole thing today because I'm not making much money at it anyway. So you can see I have a positive attitude today.

Babette: Yep, that is two pounds on my New Year's Challenge. So, eight to go.

I'm taking my challenge angst to my private board to conserve space here. I'll be back now and then to report my stunning success on my challenge and/or to join in the next challenge of this board! Hope to see everyone back someday soon!

Sychie, Morrigan, Joanie, Weeesa, ET AL: Hope you're all doing well and gearing up for a great holiday.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:14 AM   #19  
Mommy To Be

Hi girls!
Doing well here! Enjoyed two wonderful Thanksgiving dinners and ended up very full but well within maintenance Points. Yes! One thing that helped was making my own delicious desserts instead of being tempted by what everyone else brought (ie: Chocolate Caramel Fudge Cake, Chocolate Cake, Pecan Pie). I really loved the turkey this year. It was sooo delicious. I exercised everyday except Saturday and I feel really good about that. My sister is sending me some new Tae Bo Advanced tapes. She said they're one hour long and very challenging so I can't wait. Getting bored of the treadmill and jump rope here.

Crone Two pounds! Great job! I'm glad you're doing well.

Lisa Welcome back! I've been in Denial too and it's no fun! I'm glad you had the courage to start again. You can do this. I think Angel is posting with the Canadian group now. I see a post from her from time to time.

Eydie Keep on streaking. Don't give up. You can win against the munchies.

I think we should set a challenge to see who can get the most OP (on program) days by Christmas. Starting today? Yesterday? What do you guys think?

[b]Babette[/]b Good luck at weigh-in! You've done SO well this week. I hope it pays off for you. I think your strategy is a great one. Counting down the days to weigh-in; definitely a good idea for me.

Well, I'm on Day 2 of my Christmas Streak. I went over Points this weekend by a few but still NO BINGEING. Have a great day girls!
Love, Lisa
Old 11-26-2001, 06:48 PM   #20  

Talking 6 down, 1 to go!

Just popping in to report that today went exactly OP. Perfect! Had 27 points, offset by 3 exercise points, gallons of water, tons of veggies. It's been a long time since it seemed easy, but it actually does right now. I feel like I may have a bit of something or other, but it's weird -- I want super healthy foods, and only when i'm hungry. May it last forever!

Sweet dreams, All.

xo
babette
231/210.2/160

Tuesday morning
Weeesa, I like the idea of aiming for the most OP days 'til Christmas (or New Years). Not too different from the streak, but I like the idea of the cumulative days (although the starting over method had its merits too). I'm ready to start counting whenever. Today? I'm in, anyway! I guess we should say what is OP for us. Should we include the occasional "maintenance" day as OP? In some ways, I feel like that is helpful, because it gives us a little leeway that might keep us from going off the deep end. What do you think?

Let's make this a fabulous day, Queens!

xo
babette
231/210.2/160

Days OP since November 26th: 1

Last edited by Arabella; 11-27-2001 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-27-2001, 07:37 AM   #21  
deleted2

I'd love to know everyone's idea of being on program. My idea of being OP is making sure that I workout every day even if it's abbreviated, and eating the foods that I know make me feel best. And that's low-fat vegetarian fare and avoiding mindless stress-eating. I like being in control of what I eat and not the other way around!

It's going to be a long day for me but it should be fun. We're making boxwood wreathes today which largely involves lots of talking and coffee drinking! Maybe no one will bring "treats"--who am I kidding? I just have to resist!
My challenge today will be walking on the treadmill when I get home when I just want to rest--so I have my workout clothes out ready to dive into as soon as I walk in!

Have a healthy day, everybody!

Old 11-27-2001, 08:14 AM   #22  
Mommy To Be

Eydie That sounds really fun! Of course, treats are usually inevitable this time of year. Hope you are able to stay strong and keep your hands on the wreaths and not on the goodies.

Babette That sounds great! I think if we could encourage each other to post almost everyday it would help. We could post a little number at the bottom to show how many cumulative (sp?) days we've had OP since Monday (yesterday) November 26th until Christmas (or New Years?). I think we should include the occasional maintenance day as well, because that helps me. SOmetimes eating in my maintenance range just must be done because of A. Family stuff or B. PMS stuff! (argh). This encourages me to continue to be binge-free as well which is really my goal (even more so than weight-loss right now). What do you think?

For me, being OP is eating in my losing range (22-29 Points) or in my maintenance range (27-35 Points) when I feel I need to. Drinking nine glasses of water a day and exercising 5-6 days a week are also OP for me.

That being said, I went over Points last night. I don't know why, but I was famished. I think I need to eat more Points in the morning and less at night because I'm so hungry when I get home from work. I went over Points by about 14. Yikes! At least I'm still journalling though. IN the past, when I was gaining, I would stop journaling completely and just go into "Well now I'm blown it so the rest of the day doesn't count" mode. Very bad! However, my size 10 flare jeans are fitting mighty nice this morning!

I'm listening to instrumental Christmas music right now that is mixed with the sounds of nature in the background. It's really nice! I'm SO looking forward to the Holidays. We leave for the Bahamas on December 19th and return early December 23rd. THis is our first family vacation in another country. My sister and he husband, my mom and dad, and hubby and I are going. Should be fun! I only have one sibling, so this is the whole family. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be like National Lampoon's Bahamian Vacation. Things usually do turn out that way for us. After that my sister and BIL don't have to leave till December 26th. I'm SO happy that they get to stay that long. (They live in Texas). My sister and mom and I are planning to get a little tipsy before flying out to ease the stress of flying. I've never been tipsy so I'm sure it won't take much to get me there.

Well, I'm certainly chatty this morning aren't I? I better get to work! Have a great OP day all! I'm planning on it! My special goal today is to EAT MORE PROTEIN before I go home from work so that I don't feel like scarfing carbs all night.

Love, Lisa
Old 11-27-2001, 03:18 PM   #23  
deleted2

I made 4 huge wreathes today and only had 2 cookies at the "tea party", so that's not too bad. Man, you should have seen me in by-gone days. Scary! Anyway, to make up for this minor transgression I'm walking an extra mile on the treadmill today. Hope I can find something nice and juicy on TV to keep me company!

Old 11-27-2001, 09:00 PM   #24  
deleted2

Weeesa, your Christmas trip sounds incredible! You'll have a great time--can't wait to hear about it.

I ended up walking 2 extra miles on the treadmill today [one for each cookie. ] So that was 6 miles and I must say, I'm feeling it! My body's used to 4 miles so this was quite a journey! Anyway, I think I can call those extra calories incinerated. ! So I'm going to consider this on OP day!

Tomorrow I'm going to plan to have something healthy within reach at all times. I may be made fun of mercilessly by my co-workers but will remain cookie-free! And I have to drink more water too--at least 10 glasses tomorrow.

I'd love to hear your goals for tomorrow.

Old 11-28-2001, 05:32 AM   #25  

Default 7 down! Weigh-in today.

Happy to report that I've made it through a week, all OP. Hope that registers at WI, but if it doesn't, it should next week.

OP for me:

Points within WW range, taking exercise into account
(Occasional maintenance day, up to 45 points)
Exercise every day (unless I'm ill)
at least 2 l. water
little sugar or processed food & lots of veggies and fruit

Eydie, very impressive work with the 2 cookies and the treadmill. Overburn! Sounds OP to me -- I think that the more we manage to find a way to deal with these challenging situations, the closer we are to dealing with the whole food/ weight thing. WTG!

Weeesa, your trip sounds fabulous! What a great reward to have ahead of you! And then it will be Christmas. Are you planning to have everything ready ahead of time, so you can relax when you return? It's great that your whole family can be together. I still remember how important that was to me. I'm from a large family, and my dad is dead, so that doesn't happen any more.

Crone, I felt compelled to search for the writer of the song. I was pretty sure it was Kris Kristofferson (i do like to be right!). I posted the lyrics, but came back in to delete them, because they were way too much of a downer. Sure know that feeling. My bad days lately I wake up thinking of the title of a book of poetry by Margaret Atwood, "Morning in the Burned House" but ordinarily, whatever is happening in my life results in a song (the worse the better) stuck in my head. Who knew Rod Stewart wrote songs for all occasions...

The song that comes to me when spirits and hopes are low these days is the old Petula Clark song, written by Terry Hatch, "Round Every Corner":

Stop feeling sad now
Life ain't so bad now
Round every corner, round every corner

While you're debating, something's awaiting

When Columbus sailed away to other shores
How could he imagine all that waited for him?

Around every corner, around every corner

Leave all the blue days
Think about the new days

Everything is yours now
Open all the doors now

Man will soon be standing on the moon above
Just imagine all the things that he'll discover

You've gotta stop a-sittin' there on the shelf
You've gotta start lookin' there for yourself, yeah

What's the use in crying?
Happiness is lying

And if you want a true love
Look for a new love

Just forget the worries that you leave behind
There are many things to do and you can find them

There. I feel a lot better with those in there instead of the others... I've got the lyrics -- now all i need is a singing voice

Let's make this a great day, All!

xo
babette
231/210.2/160
Days OP since November 26th: 2

Last edited by Arabella; 11-28-2001 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:14 PM   #26  

Default just me again

I just wanted to drop in to report that I lost .2 -- not much, but better than nothing or (gulp!) a gain. I really had a perfect week last week, so I should see my reward on the scale next week. I refuse to let this get me down. Last time I lost .2, the next week I lost over 3, so maybe that will happen again.

xo
babette
231/210/160 -- really wanted to get under the "10" this week, but oh well...
Old 11-29-2001, 05:03 AM   #27  

Unhappy Where'd everybody go?

Was it something i said? Come back, come back!

I was a bit disappointed with my weigh-in yesterday, but sometimes the scales are like that and we just have to carry on.
I ended up with 31 points yesterday, which is close to the range. I didn't exercise -- If I had my points would have been perfect. I am going to try very hard for another perfect week, so that I get the results.

Have a great day, Everyone!

xo
babette
231/210/160
Days OP since Nov. 26: 3
Old 11-29-2001, 05:50 AM   #28  
deleted2

Hi Babette! Every little shift down on the scales is great. At least it's going down! I'm psyching myself up to weigh myself in a week or two---not one of my favorite things, like going into the lion's den.....whipless and chairless!

Got my 10 glasses of water in yesterday and ate well--so completed that part of my challenge. Want to continue that trend today.
At work I have one more round of cookies to make for our Xmas programs and I hope to not nibble!

Old 11-29-2001, 10:14 AM   #29  

hello there everyone. ::sigh::
i have not been anywhere near good about anything lately. i have been ashamed to even come here.
ate like a pig the week of thanksgiving (with my family, food is communication) through my birthday on sunday. been stressed, a little sick, kinda depressed-all bad things when it comes to food.
yesterday i was home sick all day, so i didn't eat much and i thought about what i want to do and all that. i did much better yesterday, and i will do better today. so, hopefully, this is the top of day 2 in a streak?
glad to see you are all doing well. keep up the good work.
btw, does anyone know where i can find a nutrition counter (carbos, fat, calories, prots) online? i'm finding lots of calorie counters, but i want to get a better picture.
Old 11-29-2001, 10:45 AM   #30  
Empress/Queen

Default I'm here, Babette ...

Thanks for posting those new lyrics. Things aren't going too well with me and those are just the words I needed to see today. Perhaps they are a sign I'm about to shift out of the negative into the positive zone.

Everyone is doing well on the weight thing. I like Weeesa's idea of doing a challenge for OP days.

I'm hoping for a good weigh-in this week.
Closed Thread