Nervous

• I am so Nervous about this weekend, I have done great eating healthy all week long and now with the weekend here I don't know what is going to happen. The weekend is the time when I seem to over do it maybe because I don't have anything to occupy my time, and with gas being so darn high I really don't want to stay on the go. Do anyone else seem to have this problem, and if so what do you do?
  • I plan! And I make sure I have the foods I plan for. I don't mean I have every meal plotted out down to the last green bean, but I know what my choices are for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. And then I stay with those choices as much as possible.

I keep foods that I shouldn't be eating out of the house, especially if they are foods I tend to overeat. You may not be able to do this--but in any case, I stock up on snacks and foods that will support my weight loss, and I choose those.

I also try to keep busy so that I don't eat out of boredom. Even just reading a book with a cup of tea can be nice.

Hope this gives you some ideas!

Jay
  • I agree with the planning. If I'm going out with friends, I look at the menu ahead of time. If I'm going to treat myself to a high-calorie meal, I spend the rest of the day eating planned food, and schedule in some exercise for after the meal (or the next day, if it's late) to try to balance it out a bit. Etc. Planning works no matter what your weightloss plan looks like!

Having healthy snacks on hand is a great help.
  • Try getting a friend to go for walks on a regular basis. I've started going now that the weather is nicer here with my mother in law and I'm loving it. Feel a bit more motivated when in it with someone else. We call each other ever day. any extra activity helps