Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2007, 01:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy I'm Back, Taking It Day By Day

I'm back and I'm ready. I DID have to have back surgery, I had a lumbar fusion on March 9th. I've been recovering very well, but I've pretty much been confined to the couch since I came home on March 11th. But I'm happy to report that I'm up and walking around...with each day I'm getting stronger!

I had my one-month check up on April 10th and as of that day I can ease into household chores and daily activities. Since I'm now able to lift my 2 year old son, slightly as in aiding him in getting in and out of his crib, I thought I would be able to start lifting some 2 pound weights.

My surgeon gave me the ok to ride a stationary bike and walk, but thats about it as far as exercising. I'm not allowed any type of crunches, push ups, cardio...anything that will jar me until July.... ....

I just really need some support right now because having been bed-ridden for a month I gained some more weight and not being able to properly exercise I'm kind of loosing hope....

Does anyone have some advice?
hoosier_dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:33 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Back surgery. Wow. What an ordeal that must have been. I'm so very glad to hear that your recovery is going well. That's just the best news possible.

I really think it's important to listen to your surgeon. July is just over 2 short months away. I'm sure you are super anxious to get started on some more strenous exercise, but it sounds as if that's gonna have to wait.

Walking is super, super exercise. If you've got to be stuck with just one, that is certainly a good one!!!! Make sure you've got yourself some good sneakers, lace em' up and walk away. I like to take 2 walks a day, am and pm. WATP by Leslie Sansone is a great series of DVD's for indoor walking you might want to check out. Do you have any access to a stationary bike? That might be something you will enjoy as well.

Now is the perfect opportunity to get a good eating plan in place. Do you have anything worked out yet? A good and healthy diet combined with the walking and you will be back to your losing ways in no time at all. Those 2 months will be gone before you know it and you will have even more options as far as your exercise goes. No need whatsoever to lose hope. You CAN get through these next couple of months and be healthier and fitter by the end of it as well. Good luck to you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 06:12 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Glad to see you! Hopefully you won't have trouble now, and that should make your activities easier--once your dr. says you're ready! PLEASE be sure to take it easy, just like you've been told. This is one area where patience really pays off.

I second what rockinrobin says--walking is really good! Get yourself some good shoes and start there.

Good luck! Stay with it!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote