Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #1  
letscnow

S/C/G: 181

Height: 5'2"

Wink Its time to be accountable . . ..

I weighed in @ 181 on Wednesday. It was an impulsive thing I did . . I found this website through GOOGLE . . . . went to WW the same night and weighed in. The readings and the tools seemed to be an inspiration of a sort. I am not happy with me. I want to be that me that is hiding inside. The one who is ashamed of the one who is. I feel split because I have never weighed this much. There are no excuses . . . I am an emotional eater and I have the hopes that with the help of this website I will fill the journal with words rather that the mouth with food and the LBS will disappear. Life is short and I would love to enjoy it more by being comfortable in my own skin.
I need to learn to be my own cheerleader.

letscnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193/187/140

Height: 5ft 4

from one emotional eater to another ,I know exactly what you mean ,I have around 49lbs to lose ,joining a slimming club next tues just for that extra bit of support .
hope you do well and keep up the positive attitude ,Im new to this site also ,it looks quite good.
dizzydolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:29 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

The great thing about 3FC is that at those times when our inner cheerleader fails...and the inner cheerleader DOES fail sometimes...there is a whole SQUAD of cheerleaders out there to remind us of what we are cheering about. And by cheering on others, we also learn how to cheer on ourselves.

But I'd like to say that your weight does not define who you are. It didn't come on overnight, and it won't go away overnight, but kudos to you for recognizing the issue and coming here for support! Look around and find a spot that feels right to you, and keep posting! Can't wait to get to know you better.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Welcome letscnow. Just remember that your goals ARE doable! Believe it! Its as simple as following a sensible plan, like WW or calorie counting, and adding in some exercise. Take it slow and dont be hard on yourself. Come hang out here for motivation and the GREATEST healthy weight loss tips.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:06 PM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey letscnow!

You are at a wonderful point! You have decided to make a change! Good for you! Glad to see you here. Hope you'll join in.

Cheers!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #6  
letscnow

These words are so encouraging . .. . I'm drinking my water like Weight Watchers pushes. I'm not counting points this week because I fractured a tooth and if I chew I will loose it (needed an unplanned root canal). I'm drinking soy protein drinks and that is working to date. Thank you all for the kind words.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #7  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Welcome, letscnow!

Sounds like you are moving toward a really good place in your mind about the person that you want to be!

You have found a great site here! There are a lot of emotional eaters here! My eating expertise tends to fall into the emotional subgroup of STRESS EATER. When I can lower my stress, I seem to do MUCH better.

Weight loss is so much more than just figuring out what weight loss plan to use or how much water to drink! It is coming to terms with who we are RIGHT NOW and who we want to be IN THE FUTURE!

What I have discovered over the last several years is that a person can change many things in their life. I discovered that I could become stronger, I could weigh less, I could become more fit, and I could LEARN to love myself as much as I loved other people!

Good luck on YOUR weight loss journey! You can do this!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 02:10 AM   #8  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Wow, your post could have been written by me! I need to learn to be my own cheerleader, too. Let's do this thing, woo! *pumps fists in the air*
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #9  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Welcome, letscnow! You've made some fabulous choices just this week....stand up and be proud! Recognizing and acknowledging that you need to make some changes is so difficult...cheers to you for facing it head on! And joining WW.....good for you! I love WW, and feel that if there ever was a workable plan out there, that is it. You can do this....we're all here cheering for you!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:02 PM   #10  
letscnow

Hi Friends . . . . .

I'm sitting on a pity pot. Lost only 2/lbs. I think this is going to be slow. My butterfly isn't flying the way I want it to fly. I think that is the reason I have ISSUESwith weight. I want it so much to be my way or the highway. Went to the Dr's today so he weighed me and the scale showed 179. I wanted so bad to grab my chart and see how long it took me to get to this weight . .. . cause it happened within a couple years. Going through a divorce and emotional upsets just send me down crazy roads with my eating. I find it so comforting to eat when I am bummin. I think when the weather gets better I need to get my butt outside and start walking. When I feel good I do good! I realize its my perception. . .. . it just gets skewed every now and again.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:08 PM   #11  
Strong and Fit

S/C/G: 198/193/150

Height: 5'4"

2 lbs! Whohoo! That is something to be proud about! When I was on WW I lost fractions at a time. Issues and weight, we all know that. We are all here to try to change the bad habits into good ones.

I am also griping with my ticker. I sweat and ache at my gym and it just goes so slowly. I wish there was an easier meathod. Well, Pamela Anderson had one, but it killed her. Lets try to stay positive....
VegasBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:31 AM   #12  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Lessee... you first posted on 3/16... and your last post was on 3/22... so that's a week, and you lost 2 pounds.

Well, YEAH! That's how it goes if it's going GOOD! But now you know the "sad truth"--namely that it's going to take you 15 weeks or so to lose your weight.

But it took you two years to gain it, you said. So really, you're ahead of the game if you can lose it all in 4 months, right?

Take heart! Those 4 months will pass, whether you are losing weight, staying the same, or gaining. Which would you rather have it? Just keep going! You can do it!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:49 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBabe View Post
I am also griping with my ticker. I sweat and ache at my gym and it just goes so slowly. I wish there was an easier meathod. Well, Pamela Anderson had one, but it killed her. Lets try to stay positive....
I believe you mean Anna Nicole Smith?
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #14  
Strong and Fit

S/C/G: 198/193/150

Height: 5'4"

Aww, shucks! Of course I mean Anna Nicole Smith! Oops, dont let the press know that Pamela Anderson died of Meth overdose!!! I dont think her "people" would like that!
VegasBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Hey, 2 pounds lost is great!! Any more than that probably means you're doing something drastic, and those results are almost always temporary. Remember, it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. The longer the weight takes to come off, the more likely it is to stay off, because it means that you've made small but meaningful lifestyle changes that should be sustainable. You just do your food program and your exercise, and the pounds will take care of themselves. Try not to impose a time frame on it - that just often leads to frustration, a lesson that learned many times.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote