3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

300+ And Ready To Try Again... #106

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 06:23 PM   #16
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello,

I am in a rush but am thinking of you all and want to mention that I am thankful for each and everyone of you for your support and for the laughs and tears...you are the best!

We are going out for the Thanksgiving meal tomorrow. We have been invited out to several places but the DH and I are going to go to out small town's resturant and then go home to clean up trhe house and put out the Christmas decorations. Just a quiet thanksgiving...first time ever we haven't been with all the family.
My brother was just here, Mom has passed, Dad is in a nursing home. We are going to see our daughter in Des Moines on Tuesday and Wednesday. In about a week we will be spending time with the other daughter and her family. So all is well.

I have to run....Don't over eat tomorrow, after all it is only one day... I am determined not to over do it..that is on reason I wanted to eat out..NO LEFTOVERS!!

~Syn~
Old 11-21-2001, 08:37 PM   #17
Dancing those pounds away

Default Happy Thanksgiving !!!!!

I have been working HARD all day. I am exhausted and still have sooooo much to do. I had to run out and buy a new bed for my guest room. The old one was the pits. So that meant I had to REALLY clean in there too. My parents are coming here for thanksgiving. My darling husband is going to get up at 6am and drive 2 hours to get them. And then turn around and drive them here. They are 81 & 91 and we sure don't want them driving that far. Isn't he sweet. I can never repay him. Then on Friday I will drive them home. The scale I weigh on is in Missouri so that will be an incentive to stay on plan. I don't want a gain when I go to Missouri on Friday.

Just wanted to post that I am still on my plan. I am very determined to stay on it tomorrow too.
I really have to run. I have soooo much more to do.
I don't think I will get it all done in time.
See you as often and as soon as I can.

I am not starting a new thread. Let's try this till after the holidays. I think we are all too busy. Anyone else is welcomed to start up a new one. Just be sure to add #107.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat : 11-21-2001 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-22-2001, 07:55 AM   #18
I'm on my way!

Good Morning Everyone!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Just enjoy your day cause if you plan to go shopping tomorrow you will surely burn off all those extra calories fighting and pushing and shoving your way through the stores!!

We are going to SIL's house in the Poconos for the day! I'll catch you all tomorrow or maybe tonight depending on how late we get in!

Be safe!!

Michelle
Old 11-22-2001, 08:30 AM   #19
Michigan Old-Timer

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I had to stop in and tell you how thankful I am for all of you being here for me. Always non- judgemental always supportive, what more could one ask for in friends. I love you all!!!

I still have a few last minute 'polishes' to put on the house, but dinner isn't until 4:00 so I have a little time. The 'baby' came in late last night from school and I'm having my mother and my in-laws for dinner. This will be the first year that dad is gone, I hope my mom will be ok. She was so used to going to the nursing home everyday to feed him and even on holidays. I'm going to make a 2 WW point crustless pumpkin pie for myself so I can avoid the real pie. Did that last year too and it was very good, and I didn't feel deprived at all!

Syn: It will probably be very different for you to be without children for Thanksgiving. Keep your chin up and enjoy the festivities with hubby, putting up decorations and a quiet dinner. Somehow after preparing BIG meals, a quiet dinner sounds real nice.

2cute: Isn't it nice that your folks are well enough to come for Thanksgiving? After all your mom has been through this past year it is amazing that she can travel. Truly something for you all to be thankful for. And what a hubby!!! That is so sweet for him to make the trip to pick them up.

Michelle: A trip to the poconos sounds lovely! Have a very safe journey and enjoy the day!!!

To all my other friends, have a wonderful holiday and I hope you are back in here real soon!!!

The following poem came across my e-mail and I thought I would share it here for all of you:

A THANKSGIVING POEM

TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING,
BUT I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP
I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS,
I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.

THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED -
THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE
BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION
WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION
THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.

SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR
AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.
GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,
PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.

I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.

I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING,
FLOATING INTO THE SKY
WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING
AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.

BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED
PAST THE TREES....
HAPPY EATING TO ALL - PASS THE
CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY,
MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY
HAVE NARY A LUMP,

MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS MAY YOUR PIES
TAKE THE PRIZE,
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY
OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.

MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING BE BLESSED!!

Last edited by thinthinker : 11-22-2001 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-22-2001, 01:52 PM   #20

Hi everyone. I have been skimming through the posts every so often as I did today, but the post that 2Cute brought over from another thread is what is making me actually post today.

I have fallen into that trap. ALL the way in. Just a bite.... only comes once a year.... and most especially, I'll just eat the rest of this to get it out of the house. I have sunk so low. I got rid of the cookies and cake and all these other things around the house thinking that I couldnt' get into any trouble. Then I found the chocolate frosting. Half a can later, I was angry with myself and I put it in the fridge. A few minutes later, i got it out of the fridge and threw it away. Not long after that, (I can't believe I did this, needless to say admit it) I found myself digging it out of the garbage. HOW SICK IS THAT??!! Well, I made myself put it back in the garbage, tied up the bag, took it to the outside garbage can, and put all my daughters dirty diapers on top of it to be SURE I wouldn't get it out. After all of that, I go to the store and buy a pint of Ben and Jerrys, and eat it all in one sitting. This is just a one-day sample of how the past few weeks have gone. Last time I checked a few days ago, I have gained 8 pounds in the last 3 or 4 weeks. I don't know what to do with myself. I am just too overwhelmed with other things in my life to care. But I ask myself, when will I care??? When I gain back 20 pounds? 40? More?? I will hate myself if I let it go that far. I'm so tired of my false starts and failures. I've stopped posting here, and stopped writing in my journal just because I'm tired of hearing myself talk about doing something and not doing it.

Anyway, I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the post was SO TRUE!! Don't let it happen to you. It's SOO hard to get back on track. I hope I can get back on soon. I'm going to spend the day tomorrow watching the Discovery Health channel's "Day After Diet" programs, hoping for some inspiration and motivation.

Since it IS thanksgiving, I am thankful for many things despite the mess my life is in. I'm thankful for my husband that loves me no matter what I eat, what I wiegh, and is supportive through the ups and downs. I'm thankful for my beautiful children, my mother and my brother. I'm thankful for my friends, all of you here, for just being here and being understanding and supportive. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL OF YOU!!

Jen
Old 11-22-2001, 04:41 PM   #21

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I have done great so far. I did not do perfect... but pretty darn GOOD. And you know my philosphy.... good is good enough.

I have a house full of company. Most are outside throwing the football around so I decided to sneak in here a minute. And guess what.
As soon as I got on this computer... here they all come.
Where were they all while cleaning was going on. LOL
so I have to go again.

I do want to send a HUGE HUG to Jen. {{{ HUG }}}
I wish I had time now to respond to you. BUT I am sooooooo very very proud of you for posting. I know how hard that is. Hang in there Jen... you will make it. We are hanging on to you for dear life.
Old 11-22-2001, 08:31 PM   #22
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I too am sneaking in while my IL's are upstairs yacking. My mom when home awhile ago, but the IL's didn't get the hint. Now we're taping Survivor because the company is still here!

I did fairly well today. I am not journalling it, but I'm not overly stuffed so I feel good about my choices. I made a Crustless Pumpkin pie with Spenda that I got the recipe for and it was rather good. I didn't feel deprived that everyone else was having the real thing.

2cute: Glad you're having such a great time with all of your company. Isn't it just like us though to run in here and snatch a brief moment with friends? Have a safe trip taking your folks back tomorrow. I bet they're really enjoying all the family being around.

Jen: Oh, honey! Am I ever you and are you ever me!!!! I disappeared from here for awhile too. And 8 pounds later, I am back to say enough is enough. Good for you finally throwing that frosting out the door. Sometimes that's the only way to deal with the stuff. My mom, of all people, also on WW, decided that she needed to bring 2 pumpkin pies for just the 7 of us. (And, I told her I wouldn't be having any) So guess who walked out the door with a whole pumpkin pie??? You're right, she did!!! I'm not having that darn thing sitting here for me to get into!!! Next year maybe she'll listen when I tell her 1 is enough!!! Ok, now for serious. You need to be here. When you are the deepest down, you need to be here most! I know how difficult it is to give this all 'lip-service' and feel like we're accomplishing nothing, but ya know what? It's ok. Because the more you're here, the more this will all rub off on you and finally, the light will dawn and you'll be back with it and wonder what the heck happened. You can do this, and darn it, so can I. We can all do it easier if we're all together. So climb back up here on the wagon, we're holding out our hands to you, and if you can't climb just yet, that's ok, just run alongside til it feels good again. We're here for you!!!

Hope you like the quote of the day. It struck me as interesting.
"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun'. We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." - Zora Neale Hurston
Old 11-23-2001, 12:33 PM   #23
I'm on my way!

Good afternoon ladies!!

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving day!! I sure did! I know I went over in points yesterday...but they were mostly all healthy points! We had shrimp cocktail and cheese and crackers, and then the turkey dinner....I had a little sample of most of the stuff just not all of it. So I am pretty pleased with myself. WE did go out to breakfast in the morning because dinner wasn't until 4:00. I didn't even finish my breakfast I got full fast for some reason! I like that !!! My son had so much fun too. He played with his cousin's kids all day! He has cousins in their 20's and some of them have young kids. John comes from a big family! He crashed on the way home even before we hit the highway. He was so exhausted. His cousin David played with him and tickled him so much before we left. The little guy couldn't hang!! He slept through the night and didn't wake up once!! He even slept in later today! Poor little guy!

Well I'm at work today and I haven't done anything constructive yet except buy John's Christmas gift....so I better get my rear in gear and do something! I ordered lunch out so I am waiting for it to be delivered. Not much happening today...don't know why they have us working!!

Thin, 2Cute, Jen, Syn good to see you all posting!
Have a good day and I will check back in later on! Michelle
Old 11-23-2001, 01:45 PM   #24
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello ladies! It's the day after the holiday before and I hope we are all back with the program!!

Slept in until almost 11:00. That was great. My oldest got up this morning and decided to make French Toast. Of course we use light bread and light syrup! I can hear DH upstairs messing with the left over dishes (mostly pots and pans) from yesterday's dinner! WooHoo! Life is Good!!

I refrained from the urge to go out shopping early this morning. The truth be known, it didn't look like there was anything on sale that I wanted.

I'm in the process of getting the youngest's laundry done so he'll have all clean clothes to go back to school with. We move him home the 21st of December so he should have enough clean to last him, if I get it all done.

Spent part of the morning on Dotti's site printing out the restaurant pages to put together my own book of them. That way they are close at hand for when I want to eat out. It would be nice to look up something BEFORE I go, rather than AFTER and then try to pay for it later. Ummmm. What a concept!!!

I'm looking forward to the holidays and want to really make some progress from here on out. I'm tired of just 'talking' about losing weight, I want to actually lose it!!!

You all have a great day. I'll catch up with you later.

"What matters most is that we learn from living." - Doris Lessing
Old 11-24-2001, 01:20 AM   #25

this thread is pretty long. I am going to start a new one.
I will save my post for that one.

DO NOT REPLY IN HERE !!!!!

Instead...go to 300+and Ready to Try Again... #107
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.