Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2007, 02:09 PM   #1  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Starting today...need support!

Well after thinking about it for months and secretly reading posts, I have decided to start a healthier lifestyle today. I have 165 lbs to lose--God help me. This is what I had for lunch:

subway 6" chicken sub
low fat chips

I am starving already..........I hope I can do this
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #2  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Welcome to 3FC!

There are a lot of really helpful and knowledgable people here. I'm sure you'll find the support you need.

Since you have a significant amount of weight to lose, I suggest checking out the "100 lb. club" folder, under support groups. There are also the folders separated by age group and stuff.

Have you picked a specific food or exercise plan? It helps to be specific about what exactly you want to do. Someone who says they're going to "eat healthy" is probably going to have a harder time losing weight than someone who decides to calorie-count, or cut carbs, or join WW or something. Exercise is also pretty important; it doesn't have to be huge, even starting out with just a half hour's brisk walking every other day or something is a great start.

Once you've decided more specifically what you're going to do, I'd suggest you look around and find the specific forum for those plans, those are a great place to get advice from people who are doing the same thing.

Again, welcome to 3FC - you're off to a good start!
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Glad you've jumped in!

It helps to come up with a plan. It doesn't have to be every single item that you eat, but it should be a general plan for meals and snacks, so that you aren't left with having to "wing it" when you're already hungry. And also, it helps to keep track of what you're eating in some way.

You may feel hungry at first when you start following a plan, but you shouldn't feel totally ravenous or lightheaded. Try to plan a snack in between meals to avoid that.

Good luck!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #4  

Hi Sadnfat,

I'm new here, too. This place is great, isn't it? Lots of support and good ideas from a lot of folks.

I just wanted to welcome you and wish you good luck!
Riverwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote