Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-16-2007, 12:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

Default What do you do.....

Just wondering what everyone does to reward themselves for a great job done for meeting a goal?

When I reached my 25 pound mark, i printed out a certificate to hang on my wall saying that i had lost 25 pounds and I dated it and I signed it myself. That certificate still sits on my wall. I mean, we all have to buy a new pair of pants when the ones we are wearing no longer fits, but what do we do to make us feel good about our accomplishment.

I cant wait to print me out a new certificate to add to my wall that i lost another 25 pounds. What do you do???
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

You know, I thought I would do something for rewards, but I dont now and I think it works better for me. Because I am a great loser but a crappy maintainer and for me reward = done. I'm trying to make this my "normal life".

But I will have one major shopping spree when I think I am at final goal. But that is just because I barely have clothes as it is.

And can I say as a total side note....I am really ticked that empress waists seem to be all in fashion. I did not lose all my baby weight and then some just to wear clothes that look like freaking maternity tops.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I'm trying to figure this out at the moment. I'm only 2lb from my goal, and I think I should have a reward (one other than less belly flab, which is a very good reward on its own!). I buy clothes all the time (hooray for ebay!) and since I've been losing weight so that I could fit properly into last summer's clothes, I don't really have the excuse of needing a whole new wardrobe (unlike the last time, when I went from a 14 to a 6 and HAD to buy all new clothes.)

I'm thinking about one of those polar heart rate monitors with the calorie counting thing, or perhaps a massage.

Re rewards that don't cost money, aside from the slim waist, I have made a nice spreadsheet in which I track my weight, measurements, BMI and est. body fat percentage. I get a very satisfying feeling of accomplishment when I survey my progress concretely in the spreadsheet
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #4  
Token Vulcan

I've never tied a reward system to my weight loss through the years, or to anything else really. I think that's basically for two reasons. One is that external things have never been much motivation for me to lose weight if I didn't have the motivation inside me. Plus, I already buy the things I want...my thinking is I earned the right to buy them when I earned the money to pay for them. I mean, there have been times when I held off buying, for instance, an item of clothing with the thought that I'll get it when I lose weight but not as a reward, as a practical matter of I wouldn't/couldn't wear it at the weight I was at the time.
I do pretty much think of the weight loss and its physical benefits as reward itself.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:19 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8

i also havent tried any rewards thing but iam on my way to my first tanning session ever once i reach the 200 mark, just in time for summer.
pinupdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:05 PM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

I LOVE rewards! Clothes, new undies, CDs, NEW JEANS...I go for all of them! FOR YEARS I wore the same old clothes. I was always putting myself last when it came to spending money on myself. I would wear the same things year after year, long after they looked good. I'm surprised that the "What Not to Wear" people didn't come right to my home and trash all my wardrobe because they got an emergency call about me! Now that I can actually buy clothes in the regular Misses Department, well...I am like a kid in a candy store!
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

manicures & pedicures
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:54 AM   #8  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I don't make that much use of rewards, because what I'd like usually costs money. What I currently do is to put 1 euro in a pot for everyday I've stayed on plan, so in the end, I'll get a little stash for a potential biggest reward (new-size clothes, perhaps a digital camera, etc.) than a book that I'd have bought all the same because the books I want are almost always useful for school! It may seem a little silly, but a down-to-earth, material girl has to do what it takes.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 AM   #9  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

I've been thinking that I'm going to buy a little stuffed animal (like the size of a beanie baby) for each 10 lb loss. It may not sound like much, but I'm going to buy a little shelf to be able to display them on my wall by my computer. It'll be a daily reminder of how good I'm doing, how I'm accomplishing things, and a little incentive to keep going.

Of course there will be the clothes buying as I get smaller, but that is more a necessity than anything. I may also treat myself, once I get to goal, to getting my picture taken professionally. My sister is a photographer, so I may have her take them the next time I go to see her once I'm at goal. (She lives in Indiana, and I live in Arizona.)
nicolbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 12:42 PM   #10  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

I am buying myself a food processor today. Something like the Nicer Dicer. I will buy myself something healthy to promote healthy living. I`m thinking a fridge for the next one (50 pounds), and at the end cute work out clothes. But that`s just an idea.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #11  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
And can I say as a total side note....I am really ticked that empress waists seem to be all in fashion. I did not lose all my baby weight and then some just to wear clothes that look like freaking maternity tops.
Right. There. With. You.

I've never had a kid, so that's not my irritation, but my figure...I have ginormous boobs, and a surprisingly defined waist (thank you to all the lovely people who pointed that out to me when I was telling myself there was no difference between my "before" and "current" pics, gods I'm such an idiot sometimes! ), so any top that fits my boobs and then is loose at the waist - you know, like an empire waist top - just makes me look BIGGER. And nobody likes that.

As far as rewards...I have a really huge one lined up for when I reach my final goal weight. My dad's agreed to pay for the breast reduction surgery I've been pining after, once I reach goal. I'm SO looking forward to being able to run without three bras on, or maybe - maybe! - being able to go braless sometimes. Or being able to run to catch a bus without it being painful as well as painfully embarassing. So that's my biggie...intermediate rewards, I don't really do, mostly cause I have NO money.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Nikaia, you don't think your boobs will shrink a little as you lose weight? Mine have been quite big for most of my life--including when I was a skinny adolescent--but I've discovered that once I drop below 145, my chest begins to shrink too! I'm not quite comfortable with the shrinkage (although I do like being able to fit into a wider variety of tops!) Still, if they don't come off on their own, I completely understand getting reduction surgery--that's a very nice reward! Your dad must be a sweetie.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:40 PM   #13  
one sexy science teacher

S/C/G: 231/194/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffled111 View Post
Nikaia, you don't think your boobs will shrink a little as you lose weight?
Speaking as someone who has yo-yo'd in her weight loss and never lost her boobs, the answer is no. Our genes tell our boobs how big they are going to get and if you're big on top when you're skinny everywhere else they aren't going to go down any. When I was fit at 155 lbs I was a FF and growing, when I was overweight at 245 they were a J and growing. When I dropped 45 lbs before my reduction they hadn't gone down at all, but rather were still growing. I say good for you, Nikaia, being able to look down and see your feet is a wonderful feeling. So is being able to buy a shirt and actually feel the fabric against your tummy. I have never regretted having the surgery done, and I am sure you're going to love it, especially as a reward for reaching your goal weight.

(and for my own reward... once I reach AND maintain my goal weight for 1 year I'm going with a butterfly tatoo, probably on my hip)
haeyu14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #14  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Yeah, betting on the boobies' size really isn't accurate. I thought mine would shrink a little as well. Tough luck. Something like 13 kgs later, I was still the exact same size. Once I reach my goal, I'll probably trip over myself all the time because they'll still be that big and that heavy.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

interesting on the boob issue....i'll be glad to lose the fat around my back and under my arms and still keep the cup size of my boobs. as a 100 pound teenager, i had a size a cup. as a mother of one...then 3, i am a C cup. I'd like to stay a C cup...although i do hope with weightlifting, that maybe they will firm up a little. don't know. anyone know if weight lifting actually helps firm up the breast???
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote