Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2007, 02:49 AM   #1  
baby steps

Height: 5ft 4inches

Default Sneaky mid week WI's DO YOU?

Confession time

who has a sneaky mid week weigh in to see how there going (or not)
and is it a good idea.. i have to admit i do not just a mid week one but every morning...
imworthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:14 AM   #2  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm actually one of those gals who weighs herself daily! I know that's supposed to be bad, but I like to track how my weight fluctuates and see how it relates to what I eat / hormonal cycles. I really feel I'm getting to know my body. It's cool.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:41 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I weigh myself every single day of my life and will continute to do so forever and ever. I didn't step on a scale for just under 15 years prior to changing my life around. Ummmm, let's just say that that didn't work out quite so well. Cause when I finally did step on the scale it said 287lbs. Yes, of course I didn't need a scale to tell me that I was morbidly obese, but nevertheless, I think had I just been intune with my body I'm not sure things would have gotten quite as bad as it did. For me, certainly not for all, that reality check first thing in the morning is a good reminder to eat healthy and exercise and be aware.

That said I only "count" and record my weight on Mondays. I have learned to not let the daily fluctuations get to me. So for this formerly morbidly obese, scale avoider, stepping on the scale every morning works and is a must.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:13 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I weigh every time I go to the gym, which is almost every day. But like rockinrobin, I don't record it every day--in my case, only when there is a change.

I really need to know what that number is doing, while keeping in mind that it is only a number and it can fluctuate naturally a couple of pounds on any given day.

For some folks, daily doesn't work. They are better off weighing once a week or even less.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/152.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I weigh myself everyday. I know it's bad but I can't stop, it is like crack to me. I try not to get upset if it fluctuates. I only really count my Sunday weight.
AllyCat30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #6  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I weigh myself once a week only on the same day at the same time. I have obsessive tendencies so I dont think I would benefit from weighing myself daily. Plus with a binge eating disorder, I would get the urge to binge if I saw no progress.. or if I saw a bit of progress (that - I deserve it! idea that spirals into bingeing). For me, once a week keeps me on track and doesnt allow me to stress about minute fluctuations - I would stress if I weighed myself every day.

Different strokes for different folks I guess!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm so jealous! I don't even own a scale so I have to wait until I get to my mom's place to find out how I'm doing. I do take my measurements once a week, but I can't really do that every day or I'd be working with millimeters!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #8  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

My experience is very similar to RockinRobins. I didn't weigh at all for 10+ years. When I finally went to the doctor (who I had avoided for that ten years because I didn't want to weight) I was shocked to see what I actually weighed. I started weighing daily pretty soon after that. Now I weigh everyday. At first I was surprised to see that weight fluctuated. I had naively assumed that when I started trying to lose weight the scale would either stay the same or show a loss. I learned quickly that it goes up and down every day, even every hour. I will continue to weigh every day indefinitely. I have read of several studies where many successful maintainers do weigh every day. Apparently it helps keep you on focus and helps alert you to things you are doing that may be putting weight back on. I don't at all think weighing everyday is a bad idea. Just be prepared for the weight to fluctuate.

Oh I only count my lowest weight. I don't change my ticker if my weight goes back up a lb. I'm still very actively losing weight, so if it goes up a lb it comes back down in a day or two anyway.

Last edited by jtammy; 04-28-2007 at 05:13 PM.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #9  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I'm another one that does get on the scale every single morning, but only count my weigh ins every Saturday morning. I had been letting fluctuations get to me, but am learning that by the end of the week on my weigh in, it usually does go back down.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 02:28 PM   #10  

I will start weighing my self every single day. there is not point to keep living on denial
carolva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

I too, weigh every morning. I'm pretty used to the fluctuations but I want to know if I'm putting on weight. My true weigh in is on Thursday, and thats what counts to me.
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Guilty!

My "plan" is to weigh once a week, but I generally hop on it once or twice in between.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #13  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

I only weigh in on Saturdays at my WW meeting....I don't have a scale at home. Weekly works for me!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

I'm a daily weigher. Normally, it's OK, but when I went for about a week and a half without the scale budging that got to me. I stuck it out because we're talking the long haul here. Besides, I don't think I could stop weighing unless I threw the scale out.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote