Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-10-2007, 01:18 PM   #16  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'm definitely a pear. Way wider on the bottom than the top. But it's a lot better than it was. When I was at my heaviest, my bottom was 2, maybe even 3, sizes bigger than my top. When you're buying a suit like that, you just pray that the salesgirl ringing you up doesn't notice the size difference! In addition to being embarrassed about how big my hips were, I always felt like I was doing something wrong.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #17  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

That's very interesting aphil. And quite understandable according to blood types & heritage as well.

I've been studying the body & how a person's blood type & heritage effect their body shape & weight. Blood type 0's & B's are more prone to cellulite than A's or AB's. 0's can lose weight the fastest, gain it the quickest, and gain muscle weight the fastest & lose it the quickest.

The more I read, the more I learn. That's so cool.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:22 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I think we were posting at the same time-but there is also the hourglass and the cylindar. The apples and pears are the "disproportionate" sizes-basically they are larger in one half than in the other...while the hourglasses and cylindars are more proportionate on top and bottom.

Honestly...I think that soooo many jeans nowadays are actually catering to the apple shape. Most low rise jeans ar cut thin/straight through the hips and thighs, and they don't dip in much at all in the upper hip or lower waist. As an hourglass, I have to wear a belt at all times with jeans-or the "no waist" in them makes them fall down to my hips and I end up with plumber crack. If I buy them to fit my waist, then I can't get my curvier hips into them.

A lot of it is finding the right style to fit your body-relaxed fit (fuller through the hips and thighs), Old Navy Curvy cut jeans, and jeans that are made "At The Waist" or "Just Below The Waist" at Old Navy are cut more for hourglasses and pears...and the low rise boot cut style jeans are cut more for apples.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
That's very interesting aphil. And quite understandable according to blood types & heritage as well.

I've been studying the body & how a person's blood type & heritage effect their body shape & weight. Blood type 0's & B's are more prone to cellulite than A's or AB's. 0's can lose weight the fastest, gain it the quickest, and gain muscle weight the fastest & lose it the quickest.
Well, I am an O...and I am definitely prone to cellulite. I also do tend to lose and gain weight quickly...

Interesting!!
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 01:39 PM   #20  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Funny thing, is I'm a B and I have some cellulite but not as much as I'd think someone of my weight would have. Even at my highest weight.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:39 PM   #21  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
Actually, I am an hourglass. I have a LOT of curves. Only when I'm chubby, I have a lot MORE curves, and none of them curve in the direction I want them to. I'm fairly proportioned correctly except I have a booty - it's bigger than my waist, making it hard to find pants that fit properly.
This is me, too. I had curves at 140 lbs and had bigger curves at 200. I'm never not gonna have a butt. I had a butt when I was 13. I also have that problem with pants...needing to find ones that fit my hips and tush but they usually end up being loose at my waist.

Quote:
Blood type 0's & B's are more prone to cellulite than A's or AB's. 0's can lose weight the fastest, gain it the quickest, and gain muscle weight the fastest & lose it the quickest.
Interesting. I'm an O...yes, I have cellulite. In the last 3 months, I lost 10, 7 and 7 pounds, with basically just lower portions and moderate exercise. I gained back 2 early last week without even trying (seriously don't know where that came from unless I retained water) and gained back another 2 from Easter stuff.
What is it about blood types that determines this? Also curious about the heritage thing. My background is Italian. Granted, this is a generalization but I would venture to say Italians are generally well-built, "healthy" looking people...healthy in the sense of not looking like they miss many meals...but food is a huge part of the culture and a source of pride and celebration to a lot of them. When talking about heritage, would it be more about gene make-up or about the way the culture lives?
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #22  

I'm definintely hourglass until I reach a certain weight, then I start gaining more on my thighs and lower tummy... Thankfully I haven't been there in a while.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #23  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I am definitely a V, or "upside down pear".. I cant find jeans at all right now.

Last edited by ennay; 04-10-2007 at 03:35 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #24  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I look like a pear because I've always had large thighs/legs and broad hips/bubble butt (even at a super lean 115 lb, I was wearing size 10 pants)...but my B/W/H measurements are hourglass. So, honestly, I don't know.

I tend to put on weight evenly all over my body...something of a blessing and a curse.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:48 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Let me see what else I can remember. Didn't anyone else take Artistry Image Consulting?

It's about your bones and your sillhoutte, not necessarily your measurements.

There's a fat gain pattern associated with each shape .... A/pear is hips and thighs, V is upper back and even arms (I think), H/cylinder is torso and 8/hourglass is all over.

A/pear and H/cylinder are the most common.

There's some details about pelvises that I don't recall .... A/pear's are saucershaped and H/cylinders are taller and straighter. I guess the rest fall somewhere in the middle.

Same deal with ribcages. V's and A/pears taper in to the waist, H's are straighter ..... something like that.

Here's a fun one. Measure how tall you are. Now stand up straight and lift on leg out to the side. Measure from that hinge to the floor. If it's half theoretically you're balanced. From there you can decide if you have a long torso or long legs.

The female body is awesomely and wonderfully made in fabulous variations, yes?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #26  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkiegirl View Post
This is me, too. I had curves at 140 lbs and had bigger curves at 200. I'm never not gonna have a butt. I had a butt when I was 13. I also have that problem with pants...needing to find ones that fit my hips and tush but they usually end up being loose at my waist.

Interesting. I'm an O...yes, I have cellulite. In the last 3 months, I lost 10, 7 and 7 pounds, with basically just lower portions and moderate exercise. I gained back 2 early last week without even trying (seriously don't know where that came from unless I retained water) and gained back another 2 from Easter stuff.
What is it about blood types that determines this? Also curious about the heritage thing. My background is Italian. Granted, this is a generalization but I would venture to say Italians are generally well-built, "healthy" looking people...healthy in the sense of not looking like they miss many meals...but food is a huge part of the culture and a source of pride and celebration to a lot of them. When talking about heritage, would it be more about gene make-up or about the way the culture lives?

Someone on this forum sometime last year gave me a "heads-up" about T-Tapp. It's a particular kind of exercise program created by Teresa Tapp that was originated for rehabilitation exercises. She is an exercise physiologist and has studied for YEARS concerning blood types, body types & heritage. I bought her book "Fit & Fabulous in 15 Minutes" & have been listening to a double-CD called "Personal Profile". In it she explains how the differences of blood & body types mixed with your heritage can determine what kind of problems you'll face (cellulite? back fat? light on top/heavy on bottom? etc.) and how to deal with them.

You said you're "Italian". Are you COMPLETELY Italian? I ask because the Italians (& Germans) have the best bodies to deal with in the modeling world. They look youngest the longest, whereas English & Irish types start looking older much quicker. It's due to the thickness of the skin. English & Irish have thin skin, and skin gets thinner as we age, so it makes sense that those with thicker skin will age more slowly.

You can buy the Personal Profile CD on her website www.t-tapp.com

I suggest buying her book because in the back of it is a "coupon" that you can send in & get 30% off any order from the website.

It really IS very interesting. Reading on the website & so forth has motivated me to do more studying about blood types & the like. It's amazing what I've learned about my own body in the past few months. Simply amazing!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:11 PM   #27  
Token Vulcan

Quote:
In it she explains how the differences of blood & body types mixed with your heritage can determine what kind of problems you'll face (cellulite? back fat? light on top/heavy on bottom? etc.) and how to deal with them.
It really does sound fascinating. That's the Vulcan side speaking.

Quote:
You said you're "Italian". Are you COMPLETELY Italian?
Yes. No "mixed breeding", lol. My parents and sister were fresh off the boat in the late 1950s. I'm actually the only one in my family born in the U.S., not to mention the last of the line. My sister didn't procreate and I have no plans to either.

Quote:
I ask because the Italians (& Germans) have the best bodies to deal with in the modeling world. They look youngest the longest, whereas English & Irish types start looking older much quicker. It's due to the thickness of the skin. English & Irish have thin skin, and skin gets thinner as we age, so it makes sense that those with thicker skin will age more slowly.
I agree about the looking younger thing. That is true in my family. We all of us look younger than our ages. Even my maternal grandparents, who passed at 88 and 90, had certain aspects that were "younger" than their ages. My grandfather was pretty healthy until the last months of his life, and while my grandmother had several physical ailments common in old age (severe arthritis, cataracts, heart problems) she had skin on her arms and legs that was unwrinkled. But I think environment plays a role as well. When we visited my mother's childhood friends in Italy (who worked on farms all their lives), they looked considerably older than my mother.

Quote:
You can buy the Personal Profile CD on her website www.t-tapp.com
I suggest buying her book because in the back of it is a "coupon" that you can send in & get 30% off any order from the website.
It really IS very interesting. Reading on the website & so forth has motivated me to do more studying about blood types & the like. It's amazing what I've learned about my own body in the past few months. Simply amazing!
It really does sound very interesting. I'll have to look into that, thanks!
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I always had an hour glass that would turn pearish when I put on a few pounds, just getting more thick in the butt, hips and thighs. This time I put on more than ever before so it was interesting to see I could actually gain weight on my back and so much on my stomach. Luckily everything's coming down in size fairly evenly.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #29  
*confetti*

S/C/G: 270.9/176.1/165

Height: 5'6"

I'm an hourglass.

Quote:
But as I age & the chubbiness surrounds me & droops even more, I've noticed more chub on my UPPER body. Specially now, with perimenopause swarming me. Bra fat, back fat, upper arm dangle. Ick Ick ICK!
Your bra and back fat problem may be solved in part by getting a properly fitting bra. Typically a bra that is too large will cause "back fat" and a too small cup-size will cause what my friends called "boob fat".

Not to single you out, but I had a similar issue and getting properly fitted solved my problem. Here's a neat site about various bra fitting issues.

Unfotunately I need to get fitted yet again. Although I can't complain too much because I enjoy being able to wear smaller shirts and cute tops.
Zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #30  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I have back fat too, and a proper fitting bra. I lose weight from the outside in. I noticed that I look quite thin from the collarbones up and I think now the knees down.

Actually I am a V from the side view (big boobs, no butt) and an H from the front view. - What kind of pants fit THAT.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote