Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2007, 03:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/152.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Red face I have NO motivation to get off my butt.

I have been sitting at the computer working on a paper and staring at the treadmill for about 2 hours now. I need to work out today but I just can't seem to get the momentum to get on! I'm not overly tired, just lazy.

*sigh*

I need a kick in the pants.
AllyCat30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Think of it this way: if you suck it up and do it, then you can get back to your paper without any distractions!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

PUT THE COMPUTER ON STANDBY!!! NOW!!! WHAT DID YOU SAY I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!! NOWW!!!!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

CONSIDER YOURSELF KICKED - BIG TIME!!!!

When I'm in that lazy mode, I try the 5 minute deal. Ya know, you tell yourself I'll just do it for 5 minutes and then another 5 and another and before you know it- it's DONE. And you really will be so happy when it IS done. It's a great feeling to know that you put your well being as a priority. And a darn relief when the exercise if over. And the best part about it is, you might get a big ole' reward come weigh-in day. It is soooo very worth it. So get thy arse out of thy chair and DO IT!!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:56 PM   #5  

Okay! I am happy to report that I just got off the treadmill!! I only did 30 minutes (not an all time high but better than sitting on my butt for 30 minutes!) I might do some free weights later...

Thanks for the motivation everyone!
Old 04-07-2007, 05:00 PM   #6  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Hate days like this.. congrats on getting it going.. me I have to actually drive to the gym to get anything done. On days like that.. I think of it as work.. I really dont want to .. but I have to .. or I wont get *paid*
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:01 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyCat30 View Post
Okay! I am happy to report that I just got off the treadmill!! I only did 30 minutes (not an all time high but better than sitting on my butt for 30 minutes!) I might do some free weights later...

Thanks for the motivation everyone!
30 mins is great! Congrats on getting yourself moving. I go to the gym at work and joined another gym near home (great gym for only $10/mo.) as a sort of back up when I miss a day during the week, which is made up of weight training and cardio, or just want to get some extra cardio. I've been 2 Sundays, and one night during the week. And that's over a few months! No more procrastination... I decided today I was going to get off my butt earlier and get it to the gym... and I did it! Yeaaaa for me!

Keep up the good work!
zynr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:39 AM   #8  

I am so jazzed! Thank you for making me get off my duff yesterday. I weighed in this morning at 156! I am so excited! I'm not changing my current weight because I am afraid it is a fluke.

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyCat30 View Post
I am so jazzed! Thank you for making me get off my duff yesterday. I weighed in this morning at 156! I am so excited! I'm not changing my current weight because I am afraid it is a fluke.

Thanks!
New lows are NEVER a fluke darling . Seriously though, if you notice, as long as your consistently taking in a calorie deficit any low number is a DEFINITE. I've been tracking my weight for the past 12 weeks and my new low weight is always followed by a weight gain of 2 pounds the next day. Dont fret though, it then starts coming down again without fail (again, as long as you have an average weekly calorie deficit) and then..LO AND BEHOLD you'll hit a New Low and think its just a fluke again. And sure enough, you'll gain a few pounds again and think you were right, it was a fluke, but then here it comes down again, and by the end of the week or early next week you've hit ANOTHER New Low! And so it goes that you start to not worry about the fluctuations and start to celebrate the New Lows.

Key of course again being that you have a weekly calorie deficit of some sort upwards of 2000 calories (and 3500 for a pound). I've been tracking the deficits too and it is TOTALLY on target with my actual weight loss so I've become a true believer in this calories in v. out thing.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:05 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami View Post
New lows are NEVER a fluke darling . Seriously though, if you notice, as long as your consistently taking in a calorie deficit any low number is a DEFINITE. I've been tracking my weight for the past 12 weeks and my new low weight is always followed by a weight gain of 2 pounds the next day. Dont fret though, it then starts coming down again without fail (again, as long as you have an average weekly calorie deficit) and then..LO AND BEHOLD you'll hit a New Low and think its just a fluke again. And sure enough, you'll gain a few pounds again and think you were right, it was a fluke, but then here it comes down again, and by the end of the week or early next week you've hit ANOTHER New Low! And so it goes that you start to not worry about the fluctuations and start to celebrate the New Lows.

Key of course again being that you have a weekly calorie deficit of some sort upwards of 2000 calories (and 3500 for a pound). I've been tracking the deficits too and it is TOTALLY on target with my actual weight loss so I've become a true believer in this calories in v. out thing.
Oh no! I don't want to gain anything back! I want to enjoy 156 a least for a little while. I am doing to calorie in/out thing as well. I am over Adkins and I like crunching numbers (I'm a nerd ). I have been really good at not going over my daily caloric allotment. I am going to keep at it!

Dancing carrot-->
Old 04-08-2007, 10:29 AM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

You GO girl! Allycat30! Yessss!!!

More exercise! More movement! More ... dance dance dance!

Jay
Old 04-08-2007, 02:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Alleycat, go ahead and change the weight on your profile - you've earned it! Consider it your little reward.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ally -- I think what Mami was saying is that our weights fluctuate, often from changes in how much water we are retaining. So sometimes, even when we don't do anything "bad" the scale will show a gain.

Remember that the scale really isn't the best tool to measure FAT loss. It measures all of you: fat, muscle, water, skin, bone, etc. So if you lose a pound of fat but retain a pound of water, how will you know? You can't tell.

So celebrate that new low! But don't be surprised or depressed if the scale ticks back up briefly and you think you've been okay. It happens all the time.

Congrats on getting on the treadmill too. I don't usually want to exercise but I do it because I have to.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:01 AM   #14  

Okay you guys totally jinxed me. I was 156 for one day. Then yesterday I was 156.6 and today I am 157. I missed my exercise yesterday but I only ate 1200 calories. I wasn't expecting a loss but I really didn't want to gain.

I'm so bummed. My carrot doesn't even want to dance.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:27 AM   #15  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Ally, hon, you can NOT let 1 pound rule your life. That way is madness--you'll be having daily mood swings!

Here's an idea--weigh only once a week, but stick to your plan, including exercise, like glue all week. Then see what the scale tells you.

Jay