Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

Angry Darn Otis Spunkmeyer!!!

I have been oh so good. I have faced the temptation that is the Easter candy aisle at the supermarket, and lo I have turned away!! And then my dd brings home all the *&^%#$% Otis Spunkmeyer frozen cookie dough that we bought for her school fundraiser. I have fallen to sin, ladies and I have fallen hard And often

But today is a new day, and I will carry on losing this weight. Otis can delay me, but he can't stop me lol

Nancy

And of course tomorrow is my weigh in, so I am not expecting too much for weight loss this week. Ah well, next week is bound to be better!
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/172/130

Height: 5.0

Default i feel your pain, i also have frozen reeses pbcup

cookie dough in my freezer and it calls me....often, repeatedly...sigh...
good luck. i intend to make them up and then hide in my room when the kids demolish them and try not to whimper too loudly....
tracyg
tracyg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 148/115/119

Height: 5'3"

Just think of the bellyache and gross feeling you get when you eat too much of that crud....that usually keeps me from going crazy with the junk....a bite or two is fine...but too much raw cookie dough = queasy belly
Button_ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #4  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Raw cookie dough is a little bit of heaven! Oh to resist it must be so darn hard. Yes, yes bake them all up and put them out for Easter dessert or take them with you or give them away. I made numerous homemade (not tooting my own horn, but unfortunately I'm a really good baker!) cookies for Christmas one year. No one was really eating them. My mom was like "oh, just freeze them". Yeah, like THAT was going to stop me! Just remember, these too shall pass (hopefully not through your mouth though!) Good luck!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Make the cookies, then give them away in a little easter basket to your neighbors of a friend.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #6  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

OMG I thought you were my friend/coworker from last night!

We went down to the hospital cafeteria last night for lunch, and the ladies who work down there (they're alot of fun) said the guy who delivered the Otis Spunkmeyer muffins dropped off the most recent load and half the muffins were opened on the side~so they couldn't sell those to others so they were giving them away to the nurses.!

Now I should have KNOWN better than to take one~but it was FREE! Reading the nutrition label....220 calories....I forget the rest, but then I read that the serving size was HALF the muffin! LOL....I got full and didn't eat the muffin BTW, but yes those things are heavenly! I don't know the cookie dough, but I won't go out of my way looking for that stuff either...!

I like the idea of making the cookies and giving them to a neighbor as an Easter gift! Or to a local nursing home?
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
Reading the nutrition label....220 calories....I forget the rest, but then I read that the serving size was HALF the muffin!
That really annoys me. How can one muffin be two servings? It is clearly one serving. I personally think that food producers should be forced to exercise a little more truth-in-labelling and be honest about the numbers of servings in a package of something. One cookie as a serving in a package of several is one thing, but half a muffin??? Come on! Grrrrr!

Good for you for resisting the lure of free sweets, Nurse Michelle.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #8  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Just goes to show you got to read before you eat. One serving of Doritos is 11 chips. Eleven...

Sorry about the cookie dough, gals, tomorrow is another day. Don't keep that stuff around, is all I can say. Give it away, like lovelypurple said. Here's to spreading joy instead of spreading hips!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #9  
Meg

Throw away the cookie dough. Just put it in the trash and then squirt dishwashing liquid all over it for good measure. The problem with baking the cookies to give away is that you still have to deal with the dough and then fresh-baked cookies. Much better to just get rid of the temptation entirely!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #10  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

Oh lord, I have to get rid of stuff like that. I once poured an entire bottle of hershey´s syrup down the sink because it was calling me. Cookie dough is another weakness of mine. I can´t have it because if I do, it´s disaster time. Run away! Run away!
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:56 PM   #11  

Thanks guys! It is so nice to have other people **know** what raw chocolate chip cookie dough can do to a person

Luckily, it is all gone. The kids (and my dog who ate 1 dozen as is was cooling ) and friends and myself finished them off. So, no more temptation, and I now know that my personal kryptonite is still dietary poison.

One good thing about having eaten that dough......the thought of Easter candy completely grosses me out.

Have a Happy Easter everyone, and have a Strong Willpower Day as well!
Nancy
Old 04-06-2007, 09:18 PM   #12  
Ready for a better life!

Just think about those seventeen unlovely pounds you no longer have, and the temptation to re-indulge might pass. 17 is a terrific number!! I have lost eleven so far and it was enough to deter me from the biscuits with sausage gravy I made the rest of the family. That and 3 more glasses of water!
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #13  

Thanks again for all of the understanding. I am resisting the urge to hate myself for not losing as much weight as I should have this week because of eating all that cookie dough. But, I still lost 1lb (and this includes period bloat) so I am going to focus on seeing 161 or 160 on the scale next Saturday.

Losing weight is NOT for sissies!!

Nancy
Old 04-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #14  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

just reading this.. makes me what junk.. grr.. thats horrible. I wont do it though.. I wont I wont.. :: running to the coffee pot:: ( thats what I do when I get a sweet craving)
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:32 PM   #15  
I restore Teeth.

i'm really surprised that a lot of people advocate "the all or nothing" sequence... why not have a tiny bit? :{ Unless of course, you really already KNOW you'll do it...
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote