Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-03-2007, 08:02 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 7''

I think we all wish that the fat would melt away and its easy to get disappointed when it doesn't. Its easy to look at others trackers, see significant weight loss and say 'well why doesn't that happen to me too' - BUT and heres the but (and its a big one) you have no idea how long it took that person to lose that amount of weight. e.g. My tracker is 76lbs down - looks great ehh? BUT its taken me since March 2006 to lose that. I just worked it out it works out at 1.3lbs average loss per week - less than the rate you are losing at!

All losses are good ones, take them all and be thankful its not going the other way. Chin up, you're doing excellent!
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:52 AM   #17  
Happy in LA!

S/C/G: 244/224/170

Height: 5'7

Thank you all for putting it into perspective...what was i whinning about?!Thanks ladies.
calisa86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:01 AM   #18  

Don't forget to move your ticker! It always makes me feel better to see it go down..like getting a gold star for home work lol
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree that we should not compare ourselves, and our weight loss to those on the Biggest Loser, and Celebrity Fit Club type shows. These people are frantically trying to lose to win a contest-whereas THIS is real life-healthy weight loss through diet and exercise...and learning the lifestyle changes and habits that it takes to KEEP the weight off.

Besides-what good does it do to lose 5 pounds in a week, if you crash diet and a year from now, that weight is back on your body? Slow and steady 1/2-2 pounds per week is the best way-changing your lifestyle along the way.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #20  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

3 lbs. in 2 wks.? 1 1/2 lbs. per week? I'll take it if you don't want it!! Keep up the GREAT WORK!!

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:58 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl14 View Post
I think that we see The Biggest Loser program with contestants losing 6, 10, even 20 pounds from weigh-in to weigh-in and it makes us feel like we aren't doing enough. I'm not sure HOW those people accomplish the weight loss numbers that they do or whether we are seeing one week's loss or MORE than one week's loss.
Hasn't this been answered, though? They work out hard for something like 4 hours a day, every day, and they eat very clean. AND none of the women is older than around 30.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #22  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
They work out hard for something like 4 hours a day, every day, and they eat very clean.
From what I've read, it's more like 6+ hours of exercise (both cardio and strength training) and a diet of about 1400 calories or less (of clean foods, like you mentioned).

I could lose 10 pounds a week, too, if it were my full time job and I didn't have to deal with jobs, family, friends, shopping, etc.
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I could lose 10 pounds a week, too, if it were my full time job and I didn't have to deal with jobs, family, friends, shopping, etc.
That is why they take them all away from their families-they devote 100% of their lives to the weight loss and nothing else-no house cleaning, no taking kids to school, grocery shopping, no work. It isn't "real". This is the same way celebrities lose 20 pounds in only 4 weeks after having a baby. If I could afford to hire a personal trainer, a chef to make my meals, a maid to clean my house, and a nanny to take care of my kids so I could devote all of my time to getting my body back...I'd lose 20 pounds a month, too.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote