Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 05:00 PM   #1  
Senior Chick

Talking ~~Thru Thick and Thin~~ #115

Thru Thick & Thin is a group that was formed to give and receive support on our journey to take off the excess pounds and to keep them off. No matter who you are or where you are from, you're welcome here with us. We'll stand with you while you're losing and stand by you if you're not. We all have ups and downs and we need support in both.
Old 11-08-2001, 05:12 PM   #2  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

Well ladies, I sat her for an hour and wrote to everyone. I started a new thread and then went to my draft and copied it but when I hit paste, I got the intro to the thread again. I went back to my draft and everything that I highlighted to copy has disappeared. I have never had anything like that happen before but it has and I have no explaination and no post today. Y'all have a good evening and I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:23 AM   #3  

Good Morning Gals? Is anyone else out there, or is it just me today? Not much happened yesterday, I cleaned my room, ran some errands, did some homework. Today it's back to the old grind. But only until Monday, then I'm off for a few weeks! YIPPEE!!! I made the pumpkin fluff. It is sooooo good! I even tried it frozen, but that was a little weird. It tastes just like a pumpkin shake from the ice cream parlor but without all of the calories!

Tobey- I tried your pumpkin soup last night. I liked it but I don't think that mom did. I'm sure that I'm gonna turn orange!

Skeeter- Isn't it so frustrating when you get all that work done and it gets lost?

Well gals, I'll go for now, but I'll check in later to see if anyone shows up.

Jen
Old 11-09-2001, 03:52 PM   #4  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Afternoon ladies and HAPPY FRIDAY! When I went to bed last night I want so badly to wake-up and it be Saturday, but it wasn’t and into work I went. Yesterday the evil twin raised her head and was here instead of me. She seems to have left for the time being. Not sure what set her off this time, other than the usual nut cases I work with, but try as I may I just could bring her in… Or you could say Big Zilla was on the war path, too bad Binlodin[sp?] wasn’t around I could of bit his head off yesterday and all our problems would be solved.

I hope to spend a somewhat quite weekend at home and continue working on some of those pending projects, the list seems to be getting longer rather than shorter. Well the computer system has come back up and I’ve got to check some orders…so this is short today.

Hope all is well with everyone and that we all have a 'skinny' weekend.

Marybeth
241/189.4/160
Old 11-09-2001, 10:14 PM   #5  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good evening~~I've played this game on the puter until I'm tired of it. So decided to come and write to you all, since Hubby has the Friday night fights on TV. I've had a busy day today working on walnuts. Boy I don't know if I will ever get them ready to crack. We didn't go fishing, it was too cold. We are going to go tomorrow if we aren't too lazy. Hubby worked all day too, he hauled two rick of wood, cut down our walnut tree which died.

Skeeter~~I don't blame you for not typing all that post out again. I haven't lost one for a while and I hope I don't. You could even lose them in your outlook if something goofed up on the puter. I hope your dinner out went well today.

Jen~~I haven't tried the Pumpkin Fluff yet, but I made the Orange Fluff and boy is was good, in fact I ate too much of it today. It is not too fattening but it will add up. I don't thank the name of it is Orange Fluff, but it should be.

MaryBeth~~It has seemed like Sat. all day to me today since Hubby was home. Boy girl, my list just keeps getting longer too. There isn't any way I can get this all caught up, but I keep trying. The problem is, I get one thing off and add two. These walnuts is going to take all next week to just get the outside hull off. I need to be doing some sewing too. Christmas will be here before I know it.

Tobey~~I did get in to see the dentist yesterday and got one tooth filled. It didn't hurt until I got home and then it hurt all night. It finally stopped but it does hurt when I drink something cold. Hubby says it will stop hurting in a couple of days. One tooth left to go. Hope your having a nice visit with bil.

I thank I'll turn out the light in here and go to bed. Hello to everyone else, and hope you have a great week end.
Old 11-10-2001, 06:56 AM   #6  
American Chick!

Happy Weekend, Ladies!
Hope you all have a good one. I've got a list of chores a mile long today, too. I'm going to carve out some me--time in there somewhere, though. I need to start my Christmas lists but no one will tell me what they want! Even the girls can't come up with much this year....they truly have one of everything, I think.
Mama, are you working on your walnuts today? If they are the ones I'm thinking they are, don't they have that real hard outer shell, then a green one inside? I remember shelling them with my mother, and they stained our hands. She always got some from somewhere (we didn't have a tree) and used them for Christmas cooking. We have a regular walnut tree in our backyard now, and when the nuts fall off in the autumn, they hit the roof of our little storage shed and sound like gunshots. We thought someone was shooting in the neighborhood til we saw them on the ground.
MaryBeth, you have an evil twin, too! We're so much alike. I have one who appears just out of the blue and ruins my normally sunny disposition. And I was blaming it on hormones! Mine doesn't come out too often at work, but she shows up at home a lot, for some reason
JoJo, how's that back doing? You rest up this weekend. Are you the one who had the orange-stuff recipe? I'm going to the store today and I'm going to get the ingredients....I love mandarin oranges anyway, and maybe it will keep me out of the ice cream carton. We'll all be orange with the pumpkin and orange recipes! You just lie on the sofa all day, and raise your hand if you want something; I'm sure hubby will run and get it, if he's like mine. I tried that once and he wanted to know what was wrong with my hand--was it asleep or something? Maybe a whistle or little bell would have worked better.
Skeeter, my Maltese has to go to Petsmart today for his grooming, and I'm going to peruse the fish....I may start a tank or two this afternoon. I'll let you know! How are the canes coming along?
Tobey, hope you have a good visit with the BIL. I have one whom I have never met! He lives in Nevada, and we've not made it out there to visit in the three years we've been married. He never goes anywhere, so it will be up to us to visit. I have talked to him several times on the phone, but we need to go visiting, I think. He said he would take us skiing, so maybe we will take the girls and go see him. I've never skied before....this could be interesting! Hubby's already left for his class....it lasts all day, so we won't see him again til about 5 pm. He's an electrician, and once a year they have a class to update the codes and stuff. He has to go so he can keep his license.
Hi Jen, Tammie, Carol & everyone! Hope you all have a good weekend.....stay out of the cookie jar!
The kids are already up watching Disney, so I think I will hustle them into some clothes and we can get started on our to-do list. Love you all, and talk to you Monday!
Sally
Old 11-10-2001, 11:17 AM   #7  

Happy Weekend! I could have sworn all day yesterday that it was Saturday. I'm just all screwed up. I did pretty good yesterday, all except for the pizza that someone brought to work. I figured I could eat one piece 'cuz all I had for lunch was a salad and an apple. I didn't get supper at work. But then one piece turned into two. I don't think it hurt too much calorie wize, I just had an orange and pumpkin fluff when I got home, but I can feel a ton of water that I'm holding because of all the salt. That'll teach me! I knew it would happen too, but at the time I didn't care. I'll just have to drink alot today to flush it all out. My mom went out to some Pampered Chef home party this morning, so I've got the place all to myself! Wonder what I'll do!

Sally- I've been saving my shopping until I'm bored with my time off. I have some ideas, but I sure could use some more. But people just aren't helping me out! Guess I'll have to spend more time just wandering around the mall!!!

Marlana- Ok, you got me again. What in the world is a rick of wood? That orange fluff, is that the dreamsicle pudding? That sounds soooo good. Next on my list!

Marybeth- My evil twin was also out at work last night. I was not nice at all. I hope mine is also gone today. I hope you get some of your projects accomplished this weekend. It always boosts my mood when I can see what I've gotten done.

Speaking of which, I should go do something before work again.

Happy and healthy,
Jen
149.5/145.4/140
Old 11-10-2001, 01:08 PM   #8  

DANG!!! I just did something stupid and lost my post!!!! Oh well, I'll start over again.

Hi Everyone

I woke up early because I had a Dr's appt this morning. Now I'm thinking about laying down for a couple of hours. Dh just left to run a couple of errands.

I had to see the Dr because I've got burning and stinging in my upper thighs. He ordered blood tests and said it could be a number of different things including the fact that I gained some weight back. The lab tech drew the blood from the side of my wrist and I was really worried it was going to hurt worse than where they normally draw it from but it hurt less because she didn't have to go as deep and didn't have to move the needle around. I'm going request them to do it that way from now on if they plan to poke me more than once.

Someone asked on the last thread if you make the pudding with milk before adding it to the jello mixure for the dreamcicle pudding. No, you add it dry to the dissolved jello mixure.

Jen, I had a couple slices of left over pizza for lunch yesterday myself. I really have to get myself going on my food plan again. I've slipped so far off and its hard to get going again. I just feel I want to eat anything and everything. The dream cicle pudding is yummy. I make it for family get togethers and I never bring any back home with me. Its a big hit with the kids. I use regular jello and pudding for get togethers but I think the sf jello has a better flavor than the regular jello. I think it tastes more orangy than when I use the regular jello. Try it, you will like it.

Sally, my dh is usually pretty good at getting things for me when I'm resting on the couch but I swear, your dh sounds like mine. He'd say something like your dh said if I raised me arm for him to help me. My back is much better than it was, at least I can stand to sit now. It is still sore but its bearable. I love mandarin oranges to. Sometimes I will take a small can of them to work and eat the whole can. Its considered one fruit serving and its easy.

Marlana, Orange fluff is a good name for the dreamcicle pudding. I love it and so does dh. I love it to much. I hope you are able to fish today. Hopefully that BP isn't to high. I still laugh when I think about that. I really thought you meant your blood pressure, not barometric pressure. I hope both bp's are ok today. Oh, sorry about your tooth hurting you. I need to go to the dentist to. Its been awhile since I last had them cleaned. I have just not been happy with the last couple of dentists I've gone to and the one I went to for years, well, he just charges to much over what the insurance pays. I'd really prefer to go back to him but I'll keep looking till I find someone else I like.

Marybeth, I don't have an evil twin, I've got an evil inner child in me. The evil child is always trying to get me to do things I shouldn't. I woke up yesterday morning thinking it was Saturday and was I ever disappointed when DH told me I had to go to work. Then, after work, I headed over for physical therapy only to find out I wasn't scheduled. It just wasn't my day. I was screwed up all day. I was glad to go to bed last night.

Skeeter, awwww, I hate it when I lose a post, just like this morning. I gotta stay away from that stoopid "back"button. Yes, I can spell stupid. I just didn't feel like spelling it correctly. I hope you are having a good day. I'm going to get the mop out and mop the bathroom & kitchen floor in a little bit. I just do a little at a time and rest in between, that way its not to hard on my back. The Dr raised me back up to 50mg of vioxx for my back and the stinging I've got in my legs. I think the vioxx is about the best I've used for pain in a long time. Oh, I might get over to Walmart and check out the fish tank you told us about. I'm going to have to find out about using city water tho.

Well, I want to get off here so I can finish the last couple of chapters in this book I'm reading and then I'm going to start the floor. Take care everyone and have a great weekend. I know its not even Thanksgiving yet, but I'm posting a Xmas grafic anyway. Its getting close so we might as well face it.
Old 11-10-2001, 02:16 PM   #9  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

JoJo~I just had to write to you first and thank you for that picture. I loved it and even saved it and printed it up to take to the hunt camp this evening for the party. Those people are going to love it because I sure saw a bunch of the Bud last night and will see a lot more again tonight. The guy that owns the hunt camp is a deputy sheriff and The Sheriff was there for dinner last night. We had steak and shrimp and I was so bad. The two ladies that normally cook didn't and they needed help so I fried all the shrimp. It turned out good too. Last night was a private dinner for 20 people. I went back this morning and helped with breakfast but I didn't eat much as I am not a breakfast person. Tonight is the big bbq where the camp cooks 2 large fried turkeys, 2 large pork roasts and a venison stew. They also do some pies, cabbage, chicken and dumplings and baked beans. Then everyone that comes brings a covered dish. It usually takes 3 long tables to hold all the food. Last year I took hash brown casserole and everyone went nuts over them so I am going to start on those in a little while.

Jen~I am not going to do very good with this last week of the challenge. This weekend is a tradition that was started a long time ago. We have been invited there for many years. There is no such thing as diet food around that bunch of people even though we are all getting older and most everyone is on cholesterol and blood pressure medicine and a lot of them have become diabetic. They all still eat like they are young people during this first weekend of hunting season every year. I have 2 months before the end of the season bbq to recover and prepare myself for another big meal. It will only be one night of decadence though.

Marybeth~I think all of us must have an evil twin that acts up once in a while. Mine jumps out at the most unexpected times. I see her the fastest over being treated badly when I am a customer. I spent 17 years dealing with customers and I know how they should be treated. A nasty attitude in a place of business will set me off in an instant. Hope you have that nice quiet weekend.

Marlana~I sure hope that you got to go fishing this morning. I went up to the hunt camp for breakfast this morning which is something that I have never done before. The owners grandkids decided that they liked me and came home with me. They played with my dogs for a while then we played ball for a while, I couldn't stand doing that for very long. Then we spent some time trying to get my bird to talk for them but she wouldn't until we went outside and ignored her. Now it is almost time for me to get cleaned up and head back up to the camp to help with some of the preparations for tonight. We always have a really good time and only see some of these people once a year. I sure couldn't handle eating and cooking like this all the time though.

Sally~I hope that you don't have as hard a time deciding from all those beautiful colors as I did. When the ones that I have now die of old age, I already know what colors that I want to replace them with. I am going to get a purple one next. My husband ended up with 74 sticks to work on this winter. That will keep him from getting bored during hunting season when we can't go in the woods.

I hope you ladies are having a good weekend. I am having a fat one but am sure enjoying seeing all my friends again.
Old 11-10-2001, 09:58 PM   #10  
~~Senior Member~~Really

It's good evening again~~Not a lot on my mind tonight, except I want to go to bed.
I have a new version of the Orange Fluff. I made it with peach jello and peaches in light syrup. It was really good, but it is orange colored too. Spent most of my day working out Walnuts, I'll have a couple of more days of that and then all is left is cracking and picking out. Hubby will crack I will pick out. It will be easy though. I can do that at night while I watch TV.

Sally~~Black walnuts have a green hull on them about 1/4 inch thick when they first fall then it turns back and when you peal it off the nut is black and has a hard shell. Yes they will stain your hands bad. I'm wearing heavy rubber gloves. What do you mean by a reg. walnut tree? English walnut?

Jen~~Boy it sounds like all of us is a day ahead of time in our heads. I know why it seems that way to me, but why are the rest of you mixed up on the day of the week? Well since you had the place to yourself today, I hope you didn't eat all day. That's when I want to eat, by myself. A rick of wood is a measure of sticks of wood 4 feet high and 6 feet long. Wood is sold by the rick. We have a wood heater that opens up like a fire place.

Jo Jo~~Your having so many health problems right now, I hope it all lets up soon. I know how a bad back can get you down. I guess you read above when I made your Dreamcicle with peaches, Try it is is good. It could be made with lots of things. I like that stuff to little too much myself. I love the little attachment you put on today.

Skeeter~~You got me going crazy now. What picture did Jo Jo send you? I see that they are frying Turkeys in your state too. I bought a 14 pound turkey to fry this week. We bought a fryer last year. Fried Turkey is so good, and so different from a roasted one. I lie roasted one's too, I make the best stuffing you ever tasted, if I do say so myself. When you come to see me I'm going to make Stuffing, hot rolls, and a walnut cake. I told Hubby I was going to get a fish. he didn't say anything except, "Who's going to take care of it when we go off." Good question!!!

I'm setting here with toothpicks holding my eyes open, So lights out for me. Enjoy your day tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2001, 03:31 PM   #11  

Hellooooo!!!! Anyone there? Its pretty quiet in here this weekend. I was trying to wait to see if anyone else posted today but thought I'd go ahead and put my 2 cents in now.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have not done anything today except a load of laundry and vaccume. Been playing on the puter most of the time.

Skeeter, I'm glad you liked the picture. I thought it was so cute but I think I've seen it before, Marlana may of sent it to me. Your party sounds like a lot of fun. I would probably not be able to control my food at something like that either. I say have a blast.

Marlana, the picture I sent Skeeter was of some squirrels drinking beer, I think thru a straw. It was cute and I immediately thought of her. It was on one of those sites where you can send cards, pics, funnies, etc. Sendingfun or sendafriend, something like that. I have seen that picture before and I think you may of sent it to me in an email. Oooh, peach fluff sounds yummy. I have everything I need except for the Cool Whip. Might be worth a trip to the store for it. We've got another snack day coming up at work so maybe I'll make it to take. Yeah, you could use lots of different flavors for that, even chocolate which would basically make a mousse. MMMMM that sounds yummy.

I was going to mention that I've found some cute attachments just by going thru some of the other threads. I'm going to attach a fall one this time.

To everyone else, hellooooooo to you all. See you next time you are in.
Old 11-12-2001, 07:59 AM   #12  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Morning Ladies~~I'm up and going this morning. I had a very good week end, food was ok and got a lot of work done. Right now rain is coming in so I must make this snapie and get off this thing. Besides I have to get my walnuts inside, the ones I have the hull off of, don't want them to get rained on. Frist and most important is that I lost 2.25 pounds this last week! I'm very proud of that, since that fluff stuff talked to me all week. Where was everyone this week end, enjoying life to the fullest I hope.

Jo Jo~~I did't send you the picture you sent to Skeeter, it is cute though, she sent it to me. I'm going to try that Fluff stuff in different ways. I wish they had a cool whip that didn't have any CALORIES in it. I hope your back is feeling better after some rest over the week end. I went to your game site and tried one of the games, the one you mentioned. I'm so hooked on the Bubble Trouble that I can't stay away from it.

I have got to run Ladies before the rain gets here.
Oct. 7...-8lbs....Oct 14...-2lbs....Oct 21...-1.25lbs....Oct 28...-2lbs....Nov 4...-3lbs....Nov 12...-2.25lbs..total loss this time...-18.50
300~268.50~167~-31.50~101.50 TO GO!

Last edited by Marlana; 11-12-2001 at 08:03 AM.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:31 AM   #13  

Good morning to you all!

I had a great weekend with BIL but now I am beat!!!! Saturday morning we had to get up at 5:00 AM in order to head out to airport. We then took him out for breakfast. The boys then wanted some down time, so I took off to the gym and got in a good 1.5-hour workout. We then spent the afternoon shopping. I bought a new sweater, 2 cookbooks, and magazine! That night we went to go see a band play and we didn’t get home until 3:00 AM. Needless to say that everyone slept in the next day. However, I was the first one up and decided to get in a run. The sun was shining and I managed to get in my quickest 6K yet. When I got home the boys were up and coffee was on. That afternoon we went for lunch and had the WORST service. Our waiter disappeared. We finally went up to front where the manager was to tell her that we hadn’t seen him for about 45 minutes and that we wanted to pay our bill. She was great – she gave us our meal free plus gave us a $30 gift certificate to use for next time. I think that waiter was in deep trouble as there was a family before us had complained about him as well. Anyway I am glad to be back at work today – it will give me a chance to relax.

Jen: So it looks like you are off work now. What is the date of your surgery again? I am thinking good thoughts for you. Funny how pizza multiplies on you – my one piece always turns into 2 as well. However, I have now if I have pizza out, I have started ordering it without cheese. I have learned that the cheese really doesn’t contribute the flavour much at all. In fact, I actually prefer it without it now.

Mb: My evil twin was out on Friday. I was just in such a strange mood that day. Dh too. I didn’t even feel like coming in to post that day – which isn’t like me. Must have been something in the air.

Marlana: Glad you finally got into the dentist. Looks like those walnuts are still keeping you busy. At least you are getting your money’s worth out of that cracker! Oh I just read this mornings post! C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! 18.5 pounds. You are doing fantastic – a loss every week.

Sally: I think I pretty much know what I am buying everyone this year for Christmas. I just have to stop buying for myself and start buying for others! I can’t believe that your girls can’t come up with anything they want. Don’t think I ever had that problem when I was a kid. Actually I don’t think I have ever had that problem I can’t imagine having a BIL that I have never met. What kind of skiing can you do in Nevada? I love all my ILs – dh has a really wonderful family.

[color=deeppink] Jojo: Sorry to hear about your thighs. That doesn’t sound like fun at all! Hope everything is okay. I have never heard of taking blood from the wrist before. I think that would freak me out!

Well guess I should get my nose to grindstone. Hope everyone had a great weekend and is looking forward to week ahead!

Tobey

This attachment is for all of you losers out there!
Old 11-12-2001, 11:40 AM   #14  

Good Morning Gals. I took a sneak peak at the scale this morning. Tomorrow is weigh-in day, but I'm sure I'll forget. I'm down 1.5 lbs! Yea! My "evil twin" is trying to sneak out, but only with regards to work. I found someone to work for me today, but she had made herself "available" for 4 hrs if they needed her. So technically, they may be short, but you know, I don't care. It would have been my last day before I have surgery on Thursday, and I have a ton of stuff to do. I'm going to wait and see if they call me, then I'll go in, but if they don't, I'm not volunteering. By the time I get back to work next month, they will have forgotten! I'm soooo bad. Actually, I'm going to check into a job with the Visiting Nurses - home health care while I'm off! I'm even badder! What's sad is management knowingly leaves us short all the time and it doesn't seem to bother them.

Tobey- Sounds like you did have a great weekend. And you even managed to get in some running! Wow! You really are a true runner. I'm planning on doing some mall walking while I'm off, especially if it's too cold to go outside and do anything. I may try a pizza without cheese, or very little cheese. I've tried to make one with ff cheese, that's just gross!

Marlana- WOW! CONGRATULATIONS! You are just doing wonderful losing all of that weight.

Jojo- That is very strange about your thighs. Did he also mention that it could be related to your back, nerves can cause some tingling like that. Sometimes this time of year, it's a major accomplishment if we can just maintain our weight instead of losing. Don't stress yourself out too much, this year brings enough of that on it's own.

Skeeter- those shrimp sound delicious. Last week when I went out with dear bf, he had coconut deep fried shrimp. Somehow I managed to not eat any.

Well, I suppose I should go and take a shower and get at least part way ready, in case they call for me to work those 4 "available" hours. I hope they don't call. I've pretty much established the fact that I can't work anything extra because I've got so much else going on, with school etc, so they don't call as much as they used to. Plus I've got some stuff to get done!

Jen
149.5/144/140
Old 11-12-2001, 09:59 PM   #15  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

I haven't been able to get on this board all day. Marlana was going to post this for me but I finally got on.
Hubby had to go back for a check up with his podiatrist today and wanted me to ride along and I forgot to weigh this morning. I'm not sure that I want to see those scales just yet anyhow. We stopped and ate at the salad bar today but all the damage was done over the weekend.

Marlana~WTG with losing over 18#. That is so good and I'll bet that you feel much better already. Right now I just feel like a stuffed pig. I wonder if we could find a little running pig to replace my little Scruffy. I don't really want to replace him but I sure am feeling stuffed. What is Bubble Trouble? If it is addicting, maybe I don't need to know. I hope you get those walnuts done soon. You must have a ton of them if it is taking this long to shell them. I think that I am going to start grooming my dogs tomorrow because I have put it off too long already. It will keep me busy for the nest two days and I won't be thinking about food and can get back OP again. It is getting cool enough now to start walking again too.

JoJo~I hope you find out what is wrong with the legs. That sounds very aggravating besides being painful. Good luck with that. All you have to do with city water for fish is buy a little bottle of drops that you add to take the chlorine out. The bottle normally lasts a long time. I only have a couple more pictures to take to finish that roll of film and can have it developed this Thursday when we go back to town. I took your advise and had a blast this weekend but now I am all partied out and just want to rest.

Tobey~I am glad that you had such a good time with your BIL. My husbands sister was supposed to come for a visit this year but didn't make it. My mom and step dad will be down in January though for a good visit. I don't have any plans so far for Thanksgiving or Christmas. My kids seem to have forgotten my phone number lately. Hubby said that we might just go out to a restaurant this year and won't have to worry about cooking or leftovers. Sounds good to me.

Jen~WTG......You did really good losing before your surgery. I'll be thinking about you and wishing you good luck. My DIL called this weekend to tell us that she is having the gastric bypass in a couple of weeks. She weighs about 288 and is 29 years old. She has always been over weight and never been able to take more than 20# off then puts it right back on.

I hope everyone has a good evening. Isn't it terrible about that plane crash. I sure hope that it doesn't turn out to be another terrorist attack.
Closed Thread