Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #31  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Stacy!

I, too, am sorry that you had this happen! I agree with the majority here who say that the person that said that probably feels badly about himself/herself and tries to build up his/her self-esteem by putting others down. I haven't ever understood the reasoning behind that behavior. I personally couldn't live with myself knowing that I had intentionally hurt someone. It makes no sense to me.

Every website seems to have a particular flavor to it. Some are quite caustic -like the one you mentioned. Others, like THIS one are very friendly and supportive. I try to surround myself with supportive people and give support to others. The world CAN be full of nice people or unsupportive people. You just have to keep looking for where you fit best.

This is a GREAT site! Come back here often! There's lots of encouragement and many people who have lots to offer!

Don't spend even one more second worrying about one person's comment on that other site! DON'T LET anyone make you feel bad about yourself!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #32  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Oh lord stacy... I know more A-holes than I can swing a stick at! I've heard all kinds of stupid remarks, and shot back with twice the ammunition... He's one in millions, believe me. People like that have not been taught simple manners, empathy, sympathy, or pure deceny. And he is, apparently, a world class, Grade-A, 5-star ****head. Those kind of people truly deserve NONE of your emotion.

And I know it's hard, but TRY to not let it bother you. His comments say more about HIM than they do about YOU. Save your tears for something really important... like, for instance, losing 10 pounds & another clothing size! - TEARS OF JOY! - and remember, when we let someone's comments take control of our actions (taking off the youtube video) we're giving them power. Be smart, sweetheart - DON'T EVER LET ANYONE TAKE YOUR POWER. Especially some jerkball on the internet.

Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:40 AM   #33  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Well, I guarantee you that when most people read that comment, they aren't thinking "OH, WOW! HE'S SO RIGHT!!" They're thinking, "WOW, THAT GUY IS TOTAL SWINE." And they would be correct, because he is. Only insecure people attack others under the veil of anonymity...he's probably insecure about his own weight, or other things...who knows.

Stay strong...don't let some random jerk bring you down! *hugs*
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Sweety, I'm actually jealous of you! I've been over weight, and I've always stopped myself from doing things.. putting them off until I had lost more weight. You should be proud that you're not letting your weight stop you from doing the things that you enjoy!

People will always be mean because they're unhappy with themselves. I imagine one day, that person who left you that comment will be old, fat, unhappy, and too scared to ride a dirt bike. While you'll be healthy, fit, and zipping around on a dirt bike like it's nobody's business!

Don't let people like that get you down, it's not worth it. Just know that you're doing what you can to better yourself. That person doesn't know you, he doesn't know what you've been through in your life or why you are the way that you are. He doesn't know that you're improving your life. He's an insensitive prick, and you should never let those kind of people dictate how you feel about yourself.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #35  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Stacy, I'm so sorry for what you gone through... but to put it in perspective (and I don't mean to minimize your experience) almost all public videos there is liable for some bashing comments. Kinda comes with the territory of a relatively unmoderated forum.

For future references, you can limit your youtube photos to "Friends Only" to minimize bad remarks from total strangers.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Thank you everyone for your support, it's definitely comforting! It just always amazes me, both online and in the real world, how mean people are to total strangers! Just recently I heard about a lady riding her bicycle and someone threw a big gulp cup out there window and hit her with it. I just wonder why so many people are this unhappy that they lash out like this.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #37  
Constantly Tweaking

S/C/G: 172/159/130

Height: 5'2" (give or take)

Why are people so mean? Because stupid is as stupid does. Don't let it get to you; you're doing a fantastic job!! True cowards hide behind the internet's wall of anonymity. Let it roll off of you like water off a duck's back.

Jo
Is that really me is offline   Reply With Quote