Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-27-2007, 06:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 366/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9

Default Help! Girl Scout Cookies Are Calling My Name

Hey everyone. I'm pretty new to this site so I hope it's okay to start a new thread like this.

Here's my problem: Last night, I had some major drama happen in my house. Long story short, my roommate stole my checkcard and rang up $132 worth of purchases, and I had to file a police report because this is the last straw. I didn't get back from the police department until late, so I went right to bed & didn't have time to binge.

But today I've been struggling with wanting to binge all day. Just a couple minutes ago I finally broke down and started eating Girl Scout cookies. Only 4, which is a single serving and 150 calories, but now I want to eat the rest of the box and everything else in my house.

PLEASE HELP! I've lost 17 pounds so far on my healthier eating plan and I don't want to backtrack.
Lunalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

First of all, step away from the evil Girl Scout cookies!!!

It could be worse. I've been dealing with the police today due to a break-in at our office. At first, we thought some tools had been stolen and that was it. Nope, also a gas card was stolen. Now I'm dealing with the gas card company asking for help with the $1850 in gas charges since the break-in last week!

You'll be fine. Take a nice hot relaxing bath and have a cup of tea. There is always someone worse off than you.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 366/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
It could be worse. I've been dealing with the police today due to a break-in at our office. At first, we thought some tools had been stolen and that was it. Nope, also a gas card was stolen. Now I'm dealing with the gas card company asking for help with the $1850 in gas charges since the break-in last week!
OMG, that's terrible! Thanks for helping me put things into perspective
Lunalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #4  

I feel your pain.

Girl Scout cookies are the pawns of Satan ... I totally forgot that I ordered Girl Scout cookies a few months ago ... before I made a comittment to lose weight and improve my health. Then, Saturday I get a surprise visit from my neighbors kid ... she cursed me with 4 boxes. I plan to give these boxes to friends & family ASAP.

Confession: I had 4 thin mints this afternoon ... and 4 yesterday afternoon.
gands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

4 cookies is no big deal. Don't feel bad. I hope you enjoyed them, in fact. Back on program doesn't begin in the morning, it begins right NOW. You can do this!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:06 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Man - thats a lot of stress! Lets examine your options.

1) You can retreat into the girl scout cookies. They might make you feel a bit better for a little while, but lets face it, what will happen if you keep eating the cookies? You'll feel guilty later. Do you need that sort of stress on top of the stress of the roomie problems? No!

2) You can find an alternative to burn off all of the stress. For me, this is invariably exercise - it works really well. Take a walk, or do something in your normal fitness routine if you have one. I have NEVER found a better binge-averter and stress reliever in one than exercise. If this isn't your thing, you still have options - a bath, a good book, a hot mug of tea, or something else that feels indulgent, but isn't calorie-related at all. This way, you still get the indulged feeling, but you ALSO get the "feel good about yourself" kick from not deviating from your plan.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunalore View Post
But today I've been struggling with wanting to binge all day. Just a couple minutes ago I finally broke down and started eating Girl Scout cookies. Only 4, which is a single serving and 150 calories, but now I want to eat the rest of the box and everything else in my house.

PLEASE HELP! I've lost 17 pounds so far on my healthier eating plan and I don't want to backtrack.
I'm hardcore - pitch or give away immediately. Damn things are like crack.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:36 AM   #8  
Yee Haw!

S/C/G: 278/220/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
Damn things are like crack.

Kamily828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:54 PM   #9  
I restore Teeth.

I just had 2 and was fine.... I think a bit at a time is good for the soul but thats just me being about enjoyment and moderation...
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

I'm so envious of those of you who can eat just 4 or...(gasp!) 2!

One of the things I have come to terms with is that I'm not good at moderation. I'll start with two cookies, then just two more because that's one serving. Before I know it, the box is empty and I'm eating frosting out of a plastic container with empty Ho-Hos wrappers at my feet.

It's just easier for me not to start than it is to try and stop.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote