Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2001, 11:53 PM   #16  
burned out bus driver

Good Evening!!!
I am so glad to be here- really! This has been a long, at times unpleasant day. It is a joy to be here- where I feel safe and peaceful.
Jackie, thanks for your concern, it really means a lot to me. You are right, Queens is not all that close to me, but Dh does his share of travel (remember Finland and Switzerland?) and my mom is closer than we are.
If the flight had left Newark, as opposed to JFK- my mom's house could have been right there in the middle of this awful disaster.
How right you are- it is hard to tell who can be trusted anymore.
I frequently zone out and put on HGTV- there are no disasters, hormonal 15 year olds, irritable Dh's.......and usually stuff that can be fixed with a coat of paint! If only all of life were so easy.
What a bummer about that popcorn! How I hate that when you think a food is not all that bad, and then you read the label.
But, I know you- you will work it all off! I have total confidence in you, remember your dedication before the Hawaii trip!

As for me, I had a rough day. You would think that with being self employed, I would be imune from office politics. Not so!
I got dragged in- by being nice to someone- and burned.
It just made today rather long.
No walk today - I was so busy- but my eating, although a bit unbalanced was right at my point range- 18 points. (I could have used one more veggie).
I am one tired puppy, and will sign off to get some sleep. Have a great nite.
See you tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 11-15-2001, 07:57 AM   #17  
Domestic Goddess

Okay, for the record: My just-turned 7 yr. old is my daughter Emily. And while I certainly thank you all for the happy birthday wishes, my baby had her 1st birthday, too, same day! I think that part got lost in !!!!!'s.

I haven't disappeared--I just have been having another rough spot. I finally decided to talk to my doctor about the depression--my appt. is Friday morning so we'll see how it goes. Eating . . . I've had only one and a half good days since Friday (actually, Friday was okay until the tag-end) and 4 really "off" ones. I'm struggling to get myself back on today before I do further damage! I did get on the scale Monday to a 3 lb. loss! That at least was a boost. Now I just have to do some quick damage control so I don't see a gain next Monday.

Off to the races yet again! Sorry I didn't manage responses again--lack of time and brain power.

Have a good one!
Old 11-15-2001, 10:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Red face

Kerrie:

I'm sorry that I didn't wish your 1 y/o a Happy Birthday. I'm not sure on how I over-looked it! Especially since the first Birthday is the most precious one. At least for my babies it was! I always enjoyed the part of making a small Birthday Cake out of a Tuna Fish Can & then letting then dig their hands & face into it! I'm sorry to hear about your depression. I know just how you feel! I was so bad on Tuesday that I didn't want to see or talk to anyone. I'm not sure if it was due to not taking my anti-depressants on a regular schedule or if it could possibly be an early detection of PMS. Congratulations on the 3# loss! I'm still too chicken to hop on, so I'm not sure on what the results will be. I'll be faithful 'til then. I have to fast today & it started @ 7:30 this a.m. I'm having some preventative tests taken @ l:30 today. It's kind of funny.....I caught myself a few times trying to eat crumbs/left-overs that were left on the snack bar from breakfast this a.m. I wonder how many times I do this on a regular basis! I WISH YOU A BETTER & HAPPIER DAY TODAY! Bye, Bye! **Jackie**
Old 11-15-2001, 12:09 PM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Good Morning!!!!!
Jackie and Kerrie- I hope that both of your days end up well for you. This time of year can be soooooo tough- trying to get in gear for the holidays, which are all too rapidly approaching.
Jackie, I hope that your tests go well- keep in touch if there is something I need to pray for, ok? I loved that "won't power"-
and I hope that your won't power got you thru the day!
Kerrie- Please forgive me for making the big blunder on your daughter, Emily! (open mouth, insert keyboard and foot, Ginny ).
I do admit that I have a hard time keeping track of everything when on line- I used to keep a cheat sheet of fellow posters names, Dh names, kids etc... but gave it up when I found such a huge turnover of people. I did not mean to offend, at all.

And as usual, I am on the fly posting. It is rare when I sit down and casually do this. Ds has a basketball game tonite- so dinner has to be done soon and I have errands to run this afternoon.

So far, I am doing fine with my eating. Just 2 cups of tea and an english muffin to eat. Got my walk in too!
I have to stay off the dumb scale. I keep weighing myself, and have not lost an ounce. Guess the weight is going to come off more slowly this time.
Tomorrow am I have my gyn check up . Not my favorite time,but something ya gotta do.

Off to play mommy! I hope that everyone's day goes well for them!
Ginny
Old 11-16-2001, 12:35 AM   #20  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
I can' t believe that I am posting at this silly hour (12:30 est)- but I was up working after watching ds's basketball game. His team lost by 4 points, but the game was well played, and very exciting to watch. The kind of game that if they only had 2 more minutes...........you kind of got the feeling that his team might have won.

I ended the day well- but I am starving now. Huh? I have a toothache , just what I needed!!!!!!!! This was a tooth that my dentist had been watching- telling me that it would need a crown sooner or later. Guess now I am looking at another root canal............. I haven't been to the dentist yet, but I can't see another solution. Like I said, I needed this ? Guess I will lose some weight this way, eh?

Oh, well, off to try to get some sleep- my second advil just kicked in and I had better take advantage of it!
Hope y'all have a good nite.
Ginny
Old 11-16-2001, 12:01 PM   #21  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!!
Well, I just noticed that this is getting a little bit long, and as noone minds my obsession with starting a new thread before it goes to the second page, I will! See y'all over at SAHM's #20!!!!!!
Ginny

(also because it is getting quiet here, so it is a good time to switch - we hopefully won't lose anyone)
Closed Thread