Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297/274/200

Height: 5-7

Default Feeling Beautiful While on your Weight Loss Regimen

i'm a newbie, and i believe there are only females on this site?
forgive me if i'm wrong

anyway I have some advice that I would like to share with you all, and this advice may cost you but i recommend budgeting it out

my husband has noticed a 360 degree change in my attitude and he absolutely loves it! So do my kids!

I have definitely started focusing on me again! I put myself first...
Now normally that would include shopping for clothes but since I'm trying to get my size down by the FALL that would totally defeat my purpose if I went out and splurged on clothes!!!!

So, here's what I do to cheer myself up and prepare for my COL(Change of Life)

1. Make appointments and visit my hairstylist atleast 2 times per month(this may sort of defeat my whole purpose b/c i am in the gym atleast 5-6 days per week but this is a must and has led me towards self improvement)
2. Shop for jewerly (costume ladies!!) I have since bought about 15 different pairs of earrings, bracelets, necklaces...you name it
3. Purse shopping (a girl can N E V E R) have enuf handbags
4. Bi-Weekly Pedicure/Manicure
5. Shoe shopping (now if you expect your shoe size to go down after losing i wouldn't recommend, right now I am window shopping for a good pair of sneakers to wear to the gym because mine are atleast 3 years old and worn down....pumps will come later as the weight loss increases)

slenderapproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:18 PM   #2  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

I do believe there are a few guys here too.
You seem to have awonderful attitude towards your chang of life . I Think I will try some of the things you sugest it will definately help me to feel prettier.
I am also putting of clothes shopping as long as I can, I love new clothes so they will be a great reward for me when I get close to my goal. Jewlery sounds nice. and I haven had my hair done in years.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:19 PM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Those are great goals!! Woo hoo to you on staying sunny while losing weight!

However, doesn't that add up to a lot of money? Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, but it does sound kinda pricey... Just my 0.02
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:28 PM   #4  
hara hachi bu

I agree, it's great to put some controls in place to remind yourself that you need to come first some of the time (especially being a wife and mother), but I am far too pragmatic to spend that much time and money on self-care.

I allow myself to buy a lot of used clothing from thrift stores while dropping sizes quickly. Except bras, though. I need to have new bras, and a good bra makes *all* the difference.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #5  

Height: 5.5

Is nice to reward yourself for your effort but i prefer a most economic way. Just to feel like i`m loosing weight and in fiting in my old clothes is enough for me

TAke care

ISa
punchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #6  
Ready for a better life!

I don't have any old clothes to fit into! I have been fat too long! I will settle for having my old clothes too big. But since most have elastic waists (ugh!) I can run a quick seam or two to help things out.
My weakness are purses, Stone Mountain leather bags to be exact. My sister and I have the same mania so we always know what to buy one another. We have gotten very good over the years at picking out just the bag the other will love. And it is soooo much fun!
LookingForHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

slenderapproach,

I couldn't agree more. No matter how you do it, the most important thing to feel, is that you are beautiful and feminine. This is true no matter where you are in your journey!

Cheers,
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'5''

I'm not buying any clothes, either......but I do get a thrill walking around Kohls and imagining myself wearing those capris or that really cute shirt. I also know that this time around, I will be in that size M

What I decided to do is this.....every ten pounds I treat myself to something femine. My first ten I went to Sephora and bought a lipstick. My second ten? Maybe a manicure, I have *never* had one before.

I think a lot of women after gaining weight stop trying to be pretty, or at least that was me. No pretty bras, no makeup, and cute clothes -- Ha! Forget it! Each little thing I do is like reminding myself that I am worth the effort. Frankly, I wish now that I always paid this much attention to myself. I have a sneaky suspicion that if I had, I wouldn't be trying to lose 50lbs now
Nancy
backtome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #9  

I think what's important is the taking care of yourself. That it needs to be costume jewelry, purses, manicures, and pedicures? No, not for me.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/274/200

Height: 5-7

yeah i agree with all of you
actually most of my $$$ use to go to food
so now that i'm eating differently i have somewhere else to channel all that into!

the buffet use to be where i treated myself!!!
now, if i go to a buffet, it's with someone and i don't get more than a plate and a 1/2.....
slenderapproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #11  
Heather

S/C/G: 203/180/130

Height: 5'3"

I am a size 18-20 now. I think what I want to do is go to Goodwill (our GW has some really cute stuff, most of the rich people in the area donate to our GW) and buy me one really cute pair of size 16 jeans, and a cute blouse to go with it. Hang it on my wall, and when I can squeeze my butt into that, I want to do the same thing with a size 14, then a 12 and so on... make it like a mini-goal incentive / reward.... What do you think of my idea?
cajungal328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:57 PM   #12  
Katie

S/C/G: 94/94/54

Height: 166

I think it's a great idea to reward yourself, and to remind yourself to put YOU at number one for once..
For those of you that were worried about the economics of some rewards, you need not be! I'm a uni student (hence dirt broke!) and I still manage to treat myself without breaking the bank... I've saved my high cost awards for the big milestones and give myself small, often free, treats along the way
I have a container in my bedroom, filled with great surprises: when I need a treat, I just stick my hand in and pull out:

candlelit dinners at home (where you don't cook for once! - My partner helps out with this)
massages (even a small foot massage does wonders! - My partner helps out a lot with this too)
going to the library: reading the latest mags without having to fork out the money for them, or getting into the latest great read (Borders are also great for this).
Giving myself a pedicure/manicure
Giving myself a makeover: new hairstyle or try that daring new way of wearing makeup
Having a movie night at home (often with dvds I already own)

Hope this helps some of you to splurge on yourself without the financial burden, and happy losing!

PS Heather, I think your idea is fantastic: gives you that constant visual reminder of your goal. I think I'll do that this week!!

xox
time2shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

I agree, you have to make yourself feel pretty - attitude makes all the difference to weight loss success. Feeling pretty means different things to different people though. For some, it's clothes, shoes, manicures, etc. (ie. $$$). But even simple things like spending a little more time on your grooming can make a difference to how you feel about yourself. Have a long bubble bath, then slather yourself in lotion, do a home manicure (or have a friend over, and do each other's nails), "do" your hair (whatever that involves for you) every day, slap on a bit of mascara, even if you're not going out. Whatever makes you feel good about your body.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #14  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

It's all about feeling good in your skin. Whatever makes that happen for you, do it!

I like to make beaded bracelets and necklaces. That's a real lift for me - wearing something I made myself. Sort of like wearing the body I made for myself - with exercise and eating right.
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #15  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

There are a couple of us guys. 3FC is simply the best forum I've found and all the ladies have been quite welcoming.
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote