Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Calling all Canadians!

There seems to be a bunch of us here. I'm not sure why I find that extra encouraging

Tell us where you're from and what your programme is .... Like this ...

I'm from between two little villages about an hour from London and Stratford, Ontario. I count calories and try to do cardio and weights almost every day.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #2  
stbakd

hi susan. i'm in toronto and trying to eat less. i try to stay away from the fatty things and beer. glen
Old 01-08-2006, 12:36 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Susan and Glen!
I'm from Ottawa. (no, I don't work for the government. )

I'm trying to get back on track with my running, and I'm supposed to be counting calories.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/144/125

Height: 5'5.5"

My name is Janni, I'm from Windsor, Ontario. Currently I'm on the Dr. Bernstein Diet, but I'm contemplating going at it on my own by counting calories.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:23 PM   #5  

Hi my name is Chantal and I am also in Windsor, ON.

I am currently trying to follow the Body For Life program, so basically I'm watching what I eat (counting calories) and working out (cardio and weights) 5 times a week.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #6  

I'm jenn, i'm from guelph ont, keeping track of my calories and excersizing.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #7  

Hi, I'm Susie from rural Manitoba. I joined weight watchers last week and plan to exercise regularly. My husband lost 40 lbs doing weight watchers online but i'm not honest enough for that! I need to face a stranger at the scale!

Old 01-08-2006, 01:47 PM   #8  
Cutieshirl

Hey everyone, I'm Shirley from Winnipeg and am just trying to succeed again with the diet issues!!! Battling hypothyroid as well so the weight doesn't seem to budge much, and to be quite honest, I have been out of control over the holidays. But back on track tomorrow, trying to follow the Body for Life as well weight program and the eating a combination of zone, body for life and whatever else!!! Starting today trying to eat right and will pick up the weights tomorrow morning.
I do have a question for Chantal though, are u getting up in the am and going straight to a weight workout? Some mornings I just can't do that on an empty stomach as I feel dizzy and lightheaded half way through. Do you have this problem 2?
Old 01-08-2006, 02:13 PM   #9  

Hi Cutie,

I would love to be able to get up in the morning to work out! My problem is getting my butt out of bed early enough, especially when it's dark out! I am determined to try though, tomorrow morning i'm getting up and hitting the treadmill before school!
Old 01-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #10  
Losing for Life!

Sheri in Edmonton, Alberta. On WW since September 20-05. Just started walking 15-20 minutes every morning before breakfast and I also do a WATP dvd before lunch. Trying to add one more 15-20 minute bit of exercise to the day to get my body burning more fat.

Getting thinner every day!
Old 01-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #11  

Welcome Sheri!
I really admire your weight loss so far! How fantastic! I have to weigh in for the first time on wednesday and I'm so scared I didn't lose anything.....
Old 01-09-2006, 03:41 PM   #12  

Hi everyone. I am Patt from Hamilton. I am doing WW at home and because of osteo arthritis am slowing adding walking and some weights to my exercise regimen.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:00 PM   #13  

Hi Cutie,

I am currently following BFL, however, I do not work out in the morning. I couldn't possibly do it for the same reasons as you. I have the Body for Life for women book and it really doesn't state that you MUST work out in the AM, so as long as you're incorporating your workouts, I can't see the issue. I highly doubt it would hinder your weight loss.

Hope that helps. Nice to talk to another person following the same program!!! Good luck.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #14  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Born and raised in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario....but living in Buffalo NY...always a canadian at heart
Old 01-10-2006, 12:01 AM   #15  

I use to live in Wasaga Beach for 10 years but just recently moved to a small town just 10 minutes West of Kitchener (Susan B, I wonder how far we live from each other)! I started the middle of August by joining Herbal Magic and I found it too expensive and quit going about a month ago and I am doing it on my own (following their eating plan but without the herbal pills)! I use my treadmill about 4 days a week (i try for 5 days) for 45 minutes each time.
Closed Thread