Who is your clothing angel?

• With the winter weather we had around here, a lot of people have been talking about their snow angels, (people who shovel driveways and sidewalks without expecting payment). It got me thinking about the everyday angels we meet everyday and maybe don't give enough recognition to. So, here's your chance to publicly recognize your clothing angel. Someone who has given you clothes that they no longer wear or fit into.

This thread is dedicated to my clothing angel, my sis-in-law Rhonda. As I've written about in other threads, I am just returning to work after 6 months of unemployment. During that 6 months, I lost about 20 pounds and none of my professional clothes fit anymore. For the past 3 weeks, I've been dying trying to find something to fit. I haven't quite worked new outfits into my budget yet, and don't really want to. I don't want to be this size forever. Anyway, Rhonda cleaned her closet out and found a lot of clothes that she is no longer able to wear after losing 45 pounds. She brought me two bulk size diaper boxes and a bag of pants and sweaters and she still has to go through her summer stuff. So, here's to Rhonda and all the other clothing angels out there. So, do you have a clothing angel?
  • My sister gave me an entire closet full of clothing back last winter. She had had gastric bypass surgery and lost a lot of weight. It was so nice having "new" clothes. Since then I have lost more weight and none of it fits. So I have been someone else's clothing angel since then. I've given three car trunks of clothing away to different people that I've met on freecycle.org. I sure wish I could find a clothing angel in my size right now.
  • I am people's "clothing angel", when I used to work in a clothing store I'd buy things to wear to work for one day because it was cheap and then never wear it again. I gave away 5 garbage bags of size 18/20 clothes when I hit a 16. I imagine soon I'll hit a 14, and then actually have NO clothes! Lucky person who gets all my 16's though! I will be searching those sale racks for cheap clothes!

-Aimee
  • My next door neighbor gave me 10 pr. of shorts last summer and I wore them for a long time until they were bagging off of me. My MIL has given me several pairs of nice shoes as she is losing wt. and her shoes are too big. I inherited a lot of jeans, capris and shorts from my SD as she had a baby 8 months ago and can't fit any of pre-pregnancy clothes. I donated almost all of my size 20-14's to my Aunt as she is also losing weight and needs to replenish her wardrobe without spending a fortune while the wt. comes off.
  • I too am also other people's "clothing" angel. When I lost a bit of my initial weight, I gave some of my clothes to a mother of 4 I knew. She was grateful to have them. Just before my move from CO to MD, I gave away 20 trash bags full of clothes to the Salvation Army because I didn't know anyone at the time that could use them. Beyond the Salvation Army, my latest recipient is my MIL. She enjoys getting new clothes but doesn't buy much for herself.

As for me, I'm thankful for all the sales out there. I'm pretty picky in what I want so I'm glad when I find a good sale on clothes that fit well and look nice.