3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   R U measuring as well as weighing (neck incl) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/106257-r-u-measuring-well-weighing-neck-incl.html)

cbmare 03-04-2007 12:22 PM

R U measuring as well as weighing (neck incl)

When I was a member at Curves, we had our monthly weight and measurement checks. I decided I'd do it weekly at home. I've started measuring my neck as well. I've lost a half inch just in my neck! I've always admired skinny necks. I've never had one. I'll probably never have one. Even when I was skinny, I didn't have a neck that I liked. I can't do much about it.

Anyway, I've added yoga a few times a week to my aerobics and I'm seeing something encouraging in the measurements dept. :D

JayEll 03-04-2007 01:21 PM

Hey, cbmare,

I used to belong to Curves--now I go to the Y instead. The measuring part didn't do much for me--I'm not that interested in measurements. I just go by the scale. I did like their body fat machine, though. Well, "like" isn't the right word... ;)

Jay

RidiculouslyAddicted 03-04-2007 01:26 PM

Yep, I measure -- from 10 spots on my body -- neck, biceps, forearms, bust, ribcage, waist, belly, hips, thigh, calf. I love doing this, because even in weeks when I haven't seen a loss on the scale, I've seen losses in my measurements, which helps keep me motivated. I've lost 1/2" from my neck, too!

sweet_talker 03-04-2007 01:32 PM

I take measurements at my waist daily. I just measure around the smallest part of my waist standing in the same position at a scheduled time (right after I wake up and am back from the bathroom). I find it a great motivator.

Great work on losing the inches and for adding yoga! :D I'm thinking of joining Curves in May, do you like it?

cbmare 03-04-2007 01:40 PM

I dropped them last June. I was a member for over a year. It was fine at first. I got bored with the circle thing. Plus, once I was called back to work full time, it got hard to go. My club was in one direction and work in the other. I haven't joined a gym yet. I'm still renting workout DVDs from the library. Once I find one I like, I'll buy it.

Jay, I don't recall the body fat machine. I may know it as something else.

I should start measuring the biceps. Right now I measure my neck, bust, rib cage, waist, hips, thigh and calf.

OK. Off to the Farmer's Market to see what sort of mischief I can get into.

Perspective 03-04-2007 01:47 PM

Kinda !?!?!

I weigh myself FOR REAL once a month ... due to various fluctuations during my monthly cycle. Typically though, I'll step on the scale once a week in the morning. I have a pair of jeans that would never have fit when I started. I can zip them all the way up now, and they don't cinch. I'm loosely basing "measurements" off of those jeans. I hope in a coupla of weeks to have some wiggle room.

sumisan 03-04-2007 02:08 PM

ok I decided to measure today, and I have a question where is the "HIP" measured? The top of my thigh is the largest part but I consider my love handles my hips, and what about the waist? I measure at the smallest part. I am so confused.

Angihas2 03-04-2007 02:16 PM

I measure once a month. Neck, under the bust, fullest part of the bust, and just under the arms<that stuff that can hang over the top of the band! Waist, hips, butt, thighs and calves and arms.

Hips, I always measure the widest point, which happens to coincide with my belly button.

ennay 03-04-2007 02:30 PM

I only measure occasionally
hip widest point, waist narrowest point, boobs widest spot with a well fitting but not compressing bra - this part is definitely my least accurate measurement

my hip is just about even with my belly button, my waist is somewhere on my ribs

and when I measure I do measure my neck bicep thigh, calf and whatever else fitday lists

sumisan 03-04-2007 02:44 PM

I guess I am shaped really weird, my waist is about an inch above my belly button and my widest point is at the very top of my legs! I guess that explains why I go up in pants size so fast LOL

baffled111 03-04-2007 02:46 PM

I've always been a bit confused about measurements too. Like Sumisan (I think we have the same body), my thighs are wider than my hips and I have no idea how to correctly measure my neck.

I have been measuring where Nutridiary tells me to measure: neck (approximation--but my neck isn't fat anyway), my chest (above my boobs, under my arms), abdomen (across belly button), waist (the thinnest part, just below the ribcage), hips (the widest part of my butt), and my thighs (at the widest part.) I like measurements, because they do show progress. Hooray!

I found this site for help figuring out where to measure:
http://www.danceshoesonline.com/sizecharts/body.html

sumisan 03-04-2007 02:50 PM

http://www.transprism.com/images/measurements.jpgMeasurement Names

1. Height
2. Neck
3. Shoulder Width
4. Bust
5. Front Neck to Waist
6. Bust Height
7. Bust Distance

8. Waist
9. Belly
10. Hip
11. Armhole
12. Sleeve Length
13. Around Upper Arm

14. Pants Inseam
15. Hip Length
16. Crotch Around
17. Upper Thigh
18. Pants/Skirt Length
19. Garment Length
20. Slit Length

I found this on some dressmakers website, i measure my hips at j and it is 41.5 but at q I am 46.... should I go by the 46 or the 41.5? I am so lost.

baffled111 03-04-2007 02:55 PM

sumisan: Your hip measurement is J. Those are your hips, and your thighs are still just your thighs, even if they are wider than your hips. I measure my thighs individually (or rather, I measure just one of them) at Q and record that measurement separately.

sumisan 03-04-2007 02:57 PM

ok so its ok that they are larger than my hips? well i dont mean ok LOL but just ignore the fact that they are larger, thanks!!! :) I dont think I want to measure my thighs I would rather just go on ignoring them HAHA Thanks baffled!! Maybe it's a tall thing LOL

ennay 03-04-2007 03:26 PM

Sumisan, you arent alone, there is a girl in my yoga class built just like that.

LMAO on F - Bust height. depends on the bra!